“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Milpitas, CA
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons for a business conference. Certainly the fact that my business paid for the stay helped make the cost of the stay more palatable. On the other hand, the experience from the front desk staff to the housekeeping was top notch. The nicest thing about it was that there was no casino on the first floor so it was a nice escape from the smoke and noise that Vegas is known for for. One downside is that there was required valet service if you wanted to park your car overnight, which cost $16/night. Good news is that you can park at Mandalay Bay for free if you're willing to take a short walk from Four Seasons. The room itself was very nice though I didn't think it was any bigger than the Venetian. Toiletry was very nice from L'Occitane. Nightly turndown service with 2 bottles of water made coming in from100 degree summer heat very welcome. Extensive TV channels on flat screen tv is nice, though we didn't spend a ton of time in the room. Overall, I found the experience excellent though I'm not certain personally I would have paid the rack rate of $500/night.

• Liked — Nice amenities/away from the casino
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Jockdoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed July 11, 2007

If you're thinking about staying at the Four Seasons any time soon, be warned. The construction noise from the Mandalay Bay Hotel (floors below) travels up to even the top floor of the Four Seasons (where we were staying). During our vacation, the jack-hammering would begin between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. and would extend, intermittently, until 5 p.m. This was not exactly the relaxing stay which we had expected, and the Four Seasons' staff did not appear to care about the situation. In fact, we got the feeling that they were tired of hearing guests repeatedly complain. However, with the Four Seasons' reputation, and the prices charged for the rooms, we certainly expected a wonderful experience, and we were quite dismayed by our treatment.

Another disappointing aspect of our stay was the terrible front desk staff. The women at the front desk/reception, in particular, were unfriendly, demeaning and snobby. They give you far less than a "five star" welcome.

On the positive side of things, the pool service was top-notch, and the breakfast at the Verandah restaurant was outstanding. Beyond those two "high points," we fail to see what makes this property an oasis in the desert. We have had better experiences at Caesar's Palace!

So, it's a mixed bag at the Four Season, but we certainly would not recommend anyone booking this property, at least until the construction at Mandalay Bay is complete.
Happy travels!

• Liked — The service at the pool.
  • Disliked — The noise in the rooms and the front desk staff.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank Khy11
Boston
Reviewed July 10, 2007

This was the best stay my husband and I have ever had in a hotel!!

The service at the four seasons was out of this world.

The hotel was a wonderfully tranquil oasis amongst the chaos and crowds of the 'Vegas Casino Scene'. It almost feels like you are in a completely different place. This is great as you can truly relax at the four seasons but still have the casino and nightlife experiences right next door at the Mandalay Bay and beyond.

We particularly enjoyed the relaxed and attentive service at the pool so much that we spent everyday there. In contrast we took a look at the Mandalay Bay pool next door which was crowded, noisy and not at all relaxing...it still looked fun but more geared towards children and teens.

The Breakfast Service at the verandah restaurant was excellent also.

Our room was of average size but beautifully decorated with attention to detail.

We also found the concierge to be most helpful in recommending and booking shows and putting us on the guestlist for some of the hottest lounges and nightclubs in town.

We enjoyed our Vegas experience but even more so the peace and attentive service we received at The Four Seasons.

• Liked — Tranquil Ambience
  • Disliked — A little too far from some casinos
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank EnglishgalinUS
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 6, 2007

If you want to avoid crowds at the check in counter, at the elevators, and everywhere else in Vegas, this is the hotel for you. The room size is average, comparable to Mandalay Bay. Different amenities of course! after all it is a Four Season hotel. There is even a coffee machine inside the room with good coffee too. All hotels in Vegas have no coffee machine inside their rooms including Bellagio hotel. Such a hassle to order a room service just to have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning plus having to spend over $25 for your first cup of coffee. It's insane. I don't mind paying more for coffee when I am having my breakfast but most of the time I cannot eat right away.

• Liked — Quietness in Vegas
  • Disliked — Snobbish guests in public areas
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank World Passport
Oakland, CA
Reviewed July 3, 2007

The primary advantage of FS Las Vegas is not its rooms which are almost the same as the adjoining Mandalay Bay hotel, nor its pool, which is tiny compared to others, but its calm quiet environment. It is a refuge compared to the riotous bustle of the other large hotels.

At check in, there was no one in line and we were checked in quickly and efficiently. Upon learning that we had no bags we needed help with, the receptionist walked us half way to the elevator banks and it was self service from there. I found that a bit odd. Definitely not like other FS properties.

We had the Mountain or otherwise the full Monty airport view with a side way glance towards the Strip. Because FS is at the top of Mandalay Bay, even a 'cheap' view affords better views than most regular hotels. The room was standard FS and came with a flat screen TV.

What is worth recommending is the breakfast at the Veranda restaurant. A simple corn beef hash with eggs takes on a new meaning when it is executed to perfection. And you have the benefit of outdoor seating near the pool.

Yes, the FS pool is small and quiet if that is what you want, although you won't escape the music blaring from the nearby Mandalay pool club. But the Mandalay Bay pool area is worth checking out if no other reason than to people watch and enjoy the wave pool.

Overall, there was nothing spectacular about FS Las Vegas although I might try staying next time at more central properties like the Venetian if nothing else than to save myself from walking a lot in the 110 degree heat.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beckett
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Rooms: Met my high expectations for a Four Seasons property. Excellent beds, linens, pillows. Beautiful floor to ceiling window view of the strip, very quiet. Huge bathroom. Nice bar area. Very good coffee.

Pool: Amazing! Beautiful, like being in some far away exotic place.

Location: Really appreciated being removed from the casino noise and crowds. Mandalay Bay is right next door with a keyed entry for Four Seasons guests. Easy to take free tram to Luxor, Excalibur. Taxi’s always available to take you anywhere else.

Staff: Always very friendly and helpful – Gets even the simple things right, making for a special experience. Like the Elevator “Concierge” who saw you coming and pressed the button and black napkins when you’re wearing black pants at the Veranda restaurant.

Services: The best massage and facial of my life time. Expensive but felt worth the splurge.

Housekeeping: Met expectations but had a couple of misses for a small maintenance issue that was overlooked, a newspaper request that was overlooked and failed to notice and replenish a prior request.

Concierge: Mixed but overall very good
–a call ahead for a restaurant recommendation missed the mark – food / view was great but the mood / ambience we were looking for totally missed the mark – incredibly loud
–missed an opportunity to guide and set expectation for challenges to see the Grand Canyon via new glass walkway (double the time you think you will need to get there and back)
–a separate call for a reservation with another concierge got us the best seat in the house for a great meal at Jasmine overlooking the Bellagio fountains
–at the hotel - helped me by printing boarding passes for a late flight
–very nice to be able to return our rental car at the Four Seasons for later pick up by the agency

Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner: all were wonderful on the Veranda – great food, great staff, beautiful setting by the gorgeous pool

Special surprises: When I made my reservation through the 800#, I requested a late check out due to an 11pm flight. They couldn’t accommodate my request at that time and suggested that I reserve an extra night. I declined the option. I asked again on the day I was due to check out and they had already noted my prior request and accommodated me with an 11:30pm check out. Good example of doing everything you can think of to please a guest.

Tips: Ask the Taxi driver to take you “the back way” to avoid traffic – Quicker = Cheaper

• Liked — The spa, being away from the noise
  • Disliked — need to fine tune a little to meet super high expectations
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank Trevi
Nashville
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We were very disappointed with the Four Seasons. To start with the “Mountain” view is really an Airport view. We tried to take a nap when we first got there, but there were very loud construction noises. The staff claimed it was from the Mandalay Bay over 10 floors below us. We found it hard to believe that the sound could be that deafening that many floors away. The staff claimed there was nothing they could do about the noise, nor did they offer any solutions. I asked if they could give us another room and claimed that it wouldn’t make any difference. When I questioned this a little further, they said they would look into getting us a quieter room and never followed up. Fortunately, the construction only lasted for 2 days. Also, the air conditioner made a high pitched squealing noise that could not be fixed. The housekeeping staff didn’t show up the second day after numerous calls to the staff. We engaged the concierge for help with a sold out concert. I questioned the price of the tickets they were quoting me, went on line, contacted the very first ticket broker in Las Vegas I found and got the same tickets for $150 less than what the concierge quoted us. We ended up extending our trip by one night since we wanted to attend this concert, instead of going to another hotel, which we should have, we simply stayed at the Four Seasons one more night. When we returned from the concert late that night, neither room key worked. When we contacted the front desk they acted as if they didn’t know what we were talking about. When they actually looked us up in the system and realized they had made a mistake they sent security up to our room to let us in. Security insisted on walking into our room with us like we were con artists and were not apologetic. After security was satisfied it was our room and that we had in fact extended our trip, they said they would have 2 new room keys delivered to our room. We waited for about an hour, no room keys showed up, we decided to go to the casino on last time before we left Vegas. A couple hours later, we returned to the hotel, went to the front desk for a room key. When we got back into our room, guess what, no room keys had been delivered. Overall, the facilities were sub par, but the staff was terrible. We were nothing but understanding with the staff and they seemed to have a contagious attitude of indifference. When we checked out the next day, I pleasantly handed the individual helping us one of my business cards and ask that the GM contact me for some feedback since speaking with other mangers didn’t seem to have any impact. They ensured me I would be contacted that day. I have yet to hear from anyone at the hotel. I would not recommend staying at the Four Seasons. There are many great hotels in Las Vegas with staff that actually cares about your comfort and experience.

• Liked — Fitness Facility
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple