“One of the best”

Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sydney, Australia
“One of the best”
Reviewed June 24, 2007

In all the travel that I do around the world and all the hotels I stay at, I must say that the Four Seasons in Las Vegas is definitely up there with the best....
I do not like Las Vegas, but sitting outside the hotel near the pool, you would not even know you are in the gambling city of the world. It is peaceful, relaxing and very luxurious.

The service is fantastic and the staff is extremely helpful. The rooms are beautiful with a very comfortable bed and a fantastic bathroom.

• Liked — everything
1 Thank ariga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed June 21, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights and although it was a very pleasant stay Im not sure its the THIRD best hotel in Vegas! The girl who checked us in was slightly abrupt and not as pleasant as other staff members we met. The room was large but definitely starting to look worn and was in need of renovating. The hotel is nice, but really all of the facilities are in Mandalay bay, which doesn’t have the same number and standard of restaurants and bars that other hotels do.

Also the pool at M-bay charges a jaw dropping $20 to RENT the tubes you go floating down the lazy river in - TWENTY DOLLARS!!!! You can buy them in CVS for FIVE!!!! Surely they could provide them for FREE!!!! Its extortion of families of the worst kind!

M-bay and four seasons is not really convenient to the strip action - to get anywhere you had to get a lift 35 floors, walk through M-bay, get train to Luxor, walk through Excalibur, NY-NY and MGM to get train up strip - doesn’t look too far on a map but in 112 degree heat it got to be a bit much!

The one area it does excel in is the standard of housekeeping! If there is some kind of hotel Oscars, the house keeping staff at Four seasons would win hands down! They folded clothes, lined up shoes, plugged in my straightener, etc etc etc - all done twice a day - they really worked staggeringly hard (and I hope they are paid accordingly!)

Other than that, if I was going back to Vegas I wouldn’t stay here - Id go with the Venetian instead!

• Liked — good service
  • Disliked — lack of facilities and extortionate charges for lazy river
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ilovecheese
So Cal
Reviewed June 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed here June 18-20 for the HP Executive Series Conference that was taking place both at Mandalay and Four Seasons. While my husband was at sessions all day Monday and Tuesday, and I was at the pool. This pool was on par with pools I have been to in Hawaii (at Hyatt Regency Poipu and Four Seasons Wailea) in both level
of service and grounds upkeep. It felt very relaxing and tropical....
a far cry from the thumping music and crowded scene at the Mandalay pool. The nice thing about being at the Four Seasons is that you have
the option of sitting at the Mandalay Pool Area but the Mandalay guests can not come to the Four Seasons pool. At the pool at Four Seasons you get very comfy lounges, shade or sun, pitcher of ice water with lemon, chilled towels, Evian spritz, fruit bars, and option of ordering at the bar or poolside for food/drinks. Room was great, very tastefully decorated, excellent turndown service, comfy bed, and awesome L'Occitane bath products. I ate breakfast at Verandah (Four Seasons restaurant) both mornings and was not dissapointed. It was very relaxing/tropical feel. Of course breakfast
prices are higher here but do not let that deter you as you will be eating in a very comfortable environment on real silver(!) and will have exceptional service. It does not have the hurried and crazy vibe of eating in the casinos. I am only sorry we could not stay longer.

Thank you to the kind gentleman at the door Monday evening who took my husband and I to Capital Grille in the Four Seasons house car. Very much appreciated!

Oh, and I took part in the Savor the Simplicity Spa Package (50 min swedish, 50 min European Facial) -- also highly recommend doing that if you can! The spa facilities are great. Thank you Four Seasons for a very nice vacation.

As far as the previous review dated June 17th, I did not have any customer service issues at all related to the pool area. They did close the Mandalay Bay pool early for a concert though.

• Liked — The customer service!!! Good service is soooo hard to find these days.
  • Disliked — Nothing -- everything was excellent as expected.
New York, NY
Reviewed June 19, 2007

I'm not a huge fan of Vegas, so it's wonderful to have a quiet WELL-RUN oasis in the city. Fantastic treatment from check-in on. Had a deluxe room with Strip view - nothinghighly unusual, but tastefully done & well-appointed (the rooms at the HOTEL are larger, but the service is not as good & the hotel is difficult to access).

Pool is fabulous. Not necessarily the prettiest pool (my favorite so far is the Bangkok Peninsula), but staff & service make the experience wonderful - a nice change from the frat party/cruise ship environment throughout the rest of hte city. The only drawback to hte hotel is that it's pretty far away from everything, since it's at the southerhn end of the Strip, but why would you want to leave?

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank nyctravelr
Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Room 39234, June 15-18 2007.

Everything said before about the seclusion, privacy, service, facilities and the wonders of them is true. Everything said about the higher (some would say exorbitant/excessive) price for these superlatives is true. We only booked a Deluxe (one price point above the lowest) and were expecting airport views but lucked out and got a Strip view. So you might want to keep our room # in mind. We got the Oasis package and the credit went quickly but obviously helped. We didn't see or hear any pets the entire time.

So, the strange thing. Our room was at the end of a very long, straight hallway. Because of the HVAC/air pressure/temp/whatever, anytime anybody in the hallway opened/closed their room door, a whoosh of air rushed through our doorjambs and made a quick, high-pitched, but very audible whistle, almost like a squeaky toy. If you are a light sleeper or have trouble in unfamiliar beds you CAN and WILL be awakened/stay awakened by this noise... it was even loud enough to drown a word or 2 on the television. I don't know if this is the only room like this in Vegas or maybe this is like every room in Vegas, but it was certainly like this in 39234. Thanks!

• Liked — See Paragraph 1!
  • Disliked — See Paragraph 2!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank timm17428
London UK
Reviewed June 16, 2007

When we checked in (after the 3pm check in time) I was given our room keys. It was the last door on the corridor and was about 200 steps from the lift! I had already told them we were there to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday and I had booked months in advance. I said the room was just too far for her. They finally conceded that we could have another room closer to the elevator but as the room was not ready, they could not give any indication of how long we would have to wait. We had just driven from Los Angeles that morning so we were very hot and tired. Finally a bell man took charge and spoke to a manager who did find us an alternative room but we lost our good view too and I had specifically asked for a Strip View.

Anyhow we finally got our room nearly 2 hours after arriving and all we were given was two small bottles of water.

The hotel is lovely and the staff friendly apart from one particular receptionist who was very unhelpful.

A warning - they shut the pool some afternoons with no notice because of private parties. We had just got back from shopping and went down to the pool. We were told it was closing in half an hour. I could not believe it. Had we known we would have stopped in the afternoon and sat by the pool in the morning. Another UK couple was caught out by this too. I complained about the situation and the fact no notice of this private party had been given to any guests and we were given a free drink and they took off the bill our pool lunch the previous day. However this did not really make up for the fact that I would rather have sat by the pool. All guests had paid to use the pool and now they were selling it again to a private party. It was only by chance that I found out by speaking to the other UK couple that they had been told to wait in the bar for their room that was not ready upon their arrival and were given two free drinks each. I went back to the unhelpful receptionist who had dealt with us when we arrived and asked why that courtesy had not been extended to us and why we were just left to sit in reception waiting with our warm bottled water. She did not know what to say and got the manager who arranged the same thing for my mother and I that night!

Basically you need to be aware of what is going on around you.

The staff by the pool are pretty good except for Danny who nearly knocked me in the pool with a towel when I said I did want to sit by the pool if only half an hour (the day they were closing it!).

The food was great and if I ever go to Las Vegas again I would certainly stay there but check out certain things like private parties first!

• Liked — The pool and hotel decor
  • Disliked — Reception treatment
6 Thank starbuck3
CUMMING
Reviewed June 6, 2007

We routinely stay at many five star properties throughout the world ~ not bragging, just letting the reader know that we understand the level of service and quality that is needed to truly be called a five star property. The Four Seasons Las Vegas was one of the best. True, there were a couple minor problems, but overall, a memorable, wonderful experience! Starting off, we were ushered into a small but elegant lobby that was nearly empty. If anyone's been to Vegas, you know how chaotic lobbies can be. Once registered, we were escorted by the host towards the elevators. The gym is complimentary and we did use it a few times. It has nice new equipment, The pool is private, The service at the pool is AMAZING. The staff cpmes around with complimentary popsicles, orange slices, and evian water atomizer for your face. The buffet breakfast on Sunday should not be missed. The rooms are large and well decorated. The bath products are L'Occitane. I highly recommend this hotel. It is a nice get away from the Strip and the hustle and bustle of Vegas. Only complaint was the room was rather hot ~ they provided a fan, but still not sure why the room was hot with outside temps only at 100F (a cold spell for Vegas). Bottom line, you will not be disappointed with this property!

Stayed June 2007