“Faultless.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Merseyside
“Faultless.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our wedding anniversary in July. We had stayed here the previous year for our honeymoon and loved it. (See previous review). On arrival at the hotel we checked in effortlessly and our room was beautiful, overlooking the pools. Everything was as it was on our last visit, lovely furnishings, nice bathrobes and L'occitane products. A plate of strawberries with dipping chocolate was waiting for us on the table with another handwritten letter from the manager welcoming us back to the Four Seasons.
The facilities of the pool are amazing, the staff so helpful and eager to please.
I just loved walking through the corridors of this wonderful hotel with its eucalyptus scent coming from the spa, luxurious decor and the subtle classiness and elegance. The little touches make this hotel special. We were jetlagged on our first morning, waking around 4am, I went down to the pool area to look around and the night manager was there. He asked me about our trip and where we were from and told me that it was particularly hot at this time and to be safe in the sun. He said if there was anything we needed, not to hesitate to ask and they would accommodate us. Very friendly and kind. There was also complimentary tea/coffee and pastries (amazing) in the lobby each morning for guests to enjoy along with newspapers.
Unfortunately, we had to leave early due to a family illness. Concierge were fantastic in assisting us to get a flight back to the UK that same night. I was quite upset whilst my husband was sorting our flight out and the concierge came over with bottles of water for me and my husband
I feel that I had to mention the little details in this review to give readers an idea of the quality service of this hotel.
It was personal and warm and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any traveller. If you want flashy and huge go to Bellagio or Wynn but if you want class and elegance then stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SallyandDarren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

We hosted our destination wedding at the Four Seasons in Aug. Our group stayed for 4 nights. The hospitality of the hotel and the wedding coordination was beyond our expectations and we had high expectations. Dennis, was our event liaison and he was on point through out the wedding planning and on the day of the wedding. We had a family brunch at the hotel's Veranda Restaurant- great food, lots of selections and beautiful setting! On the first night we received a complimentary antipasto and cheese tray with our turn down service. On our wedding night, we were greeted with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We have stayed at other hotels along the strip when visiting Las Vegas and during this stay we went out every night to enjoy restaurants, shows and casinos offered by other hotels, but it was nice to be able retreat to the quiet and comforts of the FSLV. Most of our guests stayed at this hotel as we were able to arrange a group discount and it was family friendly for our guests who had children. Everyone enjoyed the pool, the lovely rooms and the food, but above all everyone noted the amazing staff service. Fantastic!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fountain Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

I just returned from spending 3 nights at the Four Seasons. After spending some time researching the 5 star hotels in Las Vegas my husband and I decided on the Four Seasons, because of the great reviews. The pool and service around the pool are definately 5 stars. The pool was a warm 84 degrees and you have easy access to the 7 pools at Mandalay Bay. I did venture over to the pools of Mandalay Bay, but returned pretty quickly to the Four Seasons. Mandalay was extremely crowded with no chairs available and quite a few kids. The Four Seasons pool was very relaxing. The free popsicles were great. They also offer free cucumber slices and mellon balls. They simpley just can not do enough for you.

The Veranda Cafe was excellent for breakfast and offered some of the best food we experienced. We tried the cafe at Balagio and Mandalay Bay and both were mediocre.

Now the reason I only gave the hotel 4 stars. THE ROOM. The bed is comfortabe and the bathroom is large, but there is very little room for your suitcases. All the room is given to store your clothes with no place for the suitcases. They seemed to always be in our way. The water pressure in the shower was so hard it was almost painful to take a shower. Last we were wakened by someone taking a shower at 5;30 AM and hearing the water going thru the pipes so loud I thought I left the water running in our room. This kept our trip from being as relaxing as I was hoping.

As others have said, the Four Seasons is quite a distance from the Strip, so we had to move our car several times during our visit. I might try Encore on my next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladybug5
Nice, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

I had chosen this hotel because I needed a relaxing and quiet spot in Vegas,
because as you know Vegas is quite noisy and agitated.
The location of the hotel is correct, 40 minutes walk from Hotel Monte Carlo on the strip.
I will relate two facts that could give you better idea of the hotel.
Before booking, I wrote mail to hotel to ask if the was any music playing by the pool.
I was answered that no music was playing near the pool.
This was exactly what I was looking for.
Big disappointment when I arrived: there was pop music playing all around the pool.
Certainly, the volume was less loud that the next door hotel, but I was given false information. I told the reception that it was too bad that this hotel, not supposed to be like all the others in Vegas (it has no casino...) would gain on keeping the pool as a quiet zone.
The second remark is about the laundry. I gave my long sleeve shirt to laundry to wash. It had the left arm cufflink that was missing. When I received my shirt back the next morning, they had sewn a new cufflink on the shirt with no extra charge.
I was pleasantly surprised.
By the way, they have wireless internet...at your charge (just a 24H formula,
not even possible to subscribe for one hour).
It is a deception that such a hotel doesn't offer free internet to its clients.

In conclusion, it is a good hotel but a bit expensive.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David_de-La-Chapelle
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

I have stayed at most of the mega-hotels in Vegas, and in many respects, they are all quite alike. The newest properties all have nice rooms (some larger than others). They all have a nice selection of restaurants and lots of sizzle. However, they all lack the same thing: service. For example: parking....you either park in a large structure and hike in, or you valet and wait 20 minutes for your car. Front desk: a line. Pool: large and good for large groups. you get the idea...large and impersonal. The Four Seasons is a stark contrast to these mega resorts. It's like a small hotel that happens to be within the Mandalay Bay, thus offering the best of both worlds. The Four Seasons offers great service...your car is brought up right away, the staff knows your name, there is service by the pool (although not quite up to par with other Four Seasons), the rooms are very comfortable with great beds, towels, bath products, etc. Because it is high up in the Mandalay, all rooms have nice views. If you feel like gambling, you go to the Mandalay. If you don't want it, it's not in your face.

The Four Seasons is a great hotel. I don't think it measures up to many of the chains other hotels, but it is great for Vegas standards, a place where service is non-existent.

My only gripe, as with many hotels, is that they charge for internet. I have never understood why lower end hotels, such as Holiday Inns, give free internet, but the expensive properties do not. Come on....throw it in...charging $15/day makes your guests feel like you are nickling and diming.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank brianloasangeles
Visalia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Went with my wife for a long labor day weekend getaway. We've stayed once before and loved it last time and loved it just as much this time. It's such a different experience compared to any other hotel in Vegas. The lobby is steps from the valet and had no line to wait in for check in. Bottled water handed to you as you check in. The lobby and the rest of the hotel for that matter is quiet and peaceful. The rooms are very nice (my wife appreciated the very high end shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion by L'Occitaine) but certainly not the reason to stay here. The pool is a very short walk from the elevators instead of the usual trek you have to make for the larger hotels. They set up a chair for you with towels and a pitcher of ice water. The attendants were handing out free popcicles for everyone at the pool and also came by with fruit slices and spritzes of Evian. All the amenities of the Mandalay are available and are just out the door from the elevator only accessible to Four Seasons guests. The contrast is stark as soon as you open that door that leads to the hustle and bustle of the main casino area. The last thing to mention is that the valet service is wonderful... hardly have to wait for your car at all and our luggage arrived at our room within minutes of us finding our room. My wife also wants me to say that the spa is the best she's ever experiencd. Definitely worth a splurge!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lancetomooka
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

This place is amazing! It is a must if you are going to Las Vegas.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business