“Best in Vegas (after a poor start)”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
London
“Best in Vegas (after a poor start)”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in September 2009. I had been to Vegas once before and chose the Four Seasons as we liked the idea of being able to escape back to somewhere quieter after venturing out into the hustle and bustle. I got a great deal on the BA website and had booked a Superior Room.

We arrived at 3.30pm on a Thursday afternoon to be (after an excellent welcome from the valet parkers and door staff) to be told by the woman on reception that our room wasn't ready but that we could upgrade to a suite for $100 extra a night. When I said that I had no interest in paying to upgrade to a suite, I was basically told that I was being foolish as this was amazing value and that we would therefore have to wait for a room to become available. At this point I was very unhappy, firstly for being told how I should spend my money (I was able to find better ways to spend that $400 in Vegas!) and secondly that, despite it being after check-in time, the room that we had booked was not available... this was their problem not mine! I therefore asked to speak to the manager at which point the reception woman mysteriously managed to find us a room... and what a room. We were upgraded to a strip view room although the silly reception woman didn't actually bother telling us that she'd upgraded us and therefore missed out on a great gratuity! This was the only negative we had about the stay.

The view from the strip view room was amazing and the room was a good size (although probably small by Vegas standards) and comfortably furnished. Decent L'Occitaine toiletries and I didn't think that the minibar prices were too crazy compared to other hotels (although the $15 internet charge a night irked slightly).

I will just echo what others have said on this site about the hotel being an oasis of tranquility; it was great being able to go through that door from Mandalay Bay into a world of refined luxury (and we managed to find the door fine after a while!) and we quite liked being down the south end of the strip away from the "mad" middle section.

The pool service is everything that has been reported, jugs of water, frozen melon balls, evian spray etc etc, and I thought that the fitness centre was very well equipped. There was a good range of food and drinks available at the pool and again it wasn't stupidly priced.

The only time we properly ate at the Hotel was the Sunday breakfast buffet; I would strongly recommend this to anyone. I've seen alot of breakfast buffets at a lot of hotels around the world, but nothing could beat this for quality! Not only were there some interesting options (including doughnuts that you could take away in a box for a midmorning treat!) but most of the options were small portions so that you could have a wider variety.

We utilised the concierge desk on a number of occasions and were very impressed. They managed to get us a table for Prime at the Bellagio at 8pm despite us having only been able to manage 9.30 when we tried to book ourselves and their advice was generally useful and impartisan.

Overall, I'd recommend this over any other hotel in Vegas if you want a more chilled, relaxing experience but it's likely that it wouldn't be the right place for you if you want a typical Vegas stay! So saying that, the new Mandarin Oriental could be interesting when it opens....

2 Thank Gavin P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (825)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I will start off by saying all the other reviews you read about the Four Seasons being excellent, attentive, professional, clean etc etc etc are true ! So there is no need to go over this again.

Vegas is ultimately busy 24/7 which is great but you sometimes need a break, out of all the hotels on the strip it was apparent to us that the Four Seasons provides that break, even the lobbies of the other 5 star hotels were like rush hour in Kings Cross station.

Quick answer for people wondering YES book the Four Seasons, pay a little more but enjoy the differences.

A couple of things that might help your stay and give you more to spend in the casino are our following observations. If you hire a car it will cost you a tip every time you pick your car up as it is valet parking, tipping is around $2-3, this adds up over 1 week or 2, as you enter the drive off Las Vegas Boulevard turn left and park in the Mandalay Bay conference centre car park or another secure area (not that security is an issue) is to go round the back of the Mandalay Bay on Hacienda Ave West and park in the Mandalay Bay car park, remember your parking spot and get the lift into the casino, walk through to the Four Seasons lift in the Mandalay Bay lobby and your there ! By the way the door in the Mandalay bay lobby is not 'hidden' as people say, its just there! Also if you walk round to the right of the Mandalay Bay reception desks this brings you to the spiral marble staircase in the Four Seasons reception area.

Another tip for car drivers, all the major hotels on the strip have free parking, usually around the back, find these and use them instead of expensive taxi rides, use parallel back roads at all times as the strip is ridiculously busy, great for taxi drivers as the meter spins !

The Four Seasons is at the southern end of the strip so walking the strip fully is really unachievable unless you’re a good walker, use your car. If you do not have a car use the free mono rail from the Luxor to get you further up the strip.

The Four Seasons has a courtesy car, not advertised well but it is there, its free but you will of course have to do the obligatory tip, you can book it if you require, just speak to the front desk.

Internet is not cheap, its about $15 per hour in the hotels etc, there is a cheaper option if you don’t wont to be on that long, the Four Season will give you 10 min free once you swipe your credit card, keep your eye on the clock and sign out before you hit 11, the internet is in the lobby area just behind the free coffee and bun area (which is put out on a morning). Otherwise visit the Showcase mall on the strip next to MGM, this is where the giant glass coke bottle is, go to the 2nd floor which is the food court and tucked away are 3 internet stations which cost approx $1 for 5 mins. I guess you have to decide how long you want to stay on the net.

Food, as you would expect eating on the strip can be expensive so if you have a car and you want a good breakfast then try the Egg Works at 2490 East Sunset Rd, NV 89120 massive breakfasts, as the title says eggs........but a lot more. A good evening meal (family) then try Marie Callenders at 4800 S. Eastern Ave. NV 89119 and if you want a take out burger then you need to go to any In-and-Out Burger around Vegas, crazy cheap prices for good food.

5 Thank dazzer179
Crystal Bay, Nevada
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I recently enjoyed a wonderful and relaxing stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. During my previous trip to Vegas, I stayed at the adjacent Mandalay Bay hotel and expected the two properties to be more-or-less the same. While I enjoyed the Mandalay, I LOVED the Four Seasons.

Even before I arrived, I emailed the concierge to see if he could secure dinner reservations for us at the Foundation Room - an exclusive members-only club at the top of the Mandalay Bay. I'm not a member, so I wasn't optimistic. However, I soon received an email confirmation saying it had been arranged!

From the moment you pull into the driveway, the staff is incredibly attentive. They escort you to the registration desk where you are immediately made to feel like royalty. The other reviewers have nailed it with terms like magical, oasis, luxury... even the simple act of retrieving your car from the valet yields a pleasant surprise - two bottles of chilled water were placed in the cup holders waiting for us!

On our last day, I called down to the concierge to see if they would print our boarding passes. They made a point of logging into the airline site the minute I was eligible to login and they scored two slots early in the boarding order for us - that's a big deal if you are flying Southwest!

Of course, the room we were assigned was impeccable and spacious. We were offered an upgrade with a view of the strip, but opted to keep our original room with a panoramic view of the desert and mountains.

2 Thank rolandws
San Diego
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Tucked away on floors 35-39 of the Mandalay Bay Hotel at the far south end of the strip, the Four Seasons Hotel offers a quiet lobby decorated with beautiful fresh flowers that feels a million miles away from the rest of Vegas. A security concern exists as no room key or ID check is required for elevator access to any floor. The Mandalay Bay Hotel is just an unlocked door away. Through the casino, one can walk across Mandalay Place into the Luxor.

The small pool area is physically separated from the busy Mandalay by a large privacy wall. We dined at the Veranda restaurant, a nicely decorated space with both indoor And outdoor seating. I recommend the bento box with tomato soup, pesto pasta salad, Italian panini, and delicious crime brûlée for dessert. There was a constant flow of upper end weddings. Both nights such events closed the pool area early.

Now to describe the room accommodations. We booked under the "suite package" which included buy one, get one night free and $50 off a 80 minute spa treatment. We upgraded our suite for an additional $300/night ending up with the "sunrise sunset suite" normally priced at $1,800 per night for $ 969 per tax for 2 nights. 73% off. Parking is an additional $20 per night. The suite was a huge 1,500 sq feet complete with 1 1/2 baths, pantry, dining, living room/ study, large walk-in closet, and marble bath room. The furnishings and artwork were traditional. Floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides provided panoramic views of the strip, airport, and pools. Bed linens were comfortable, but the bed lacked the required support and left me with a back ache upon waking each morning. Vanity items were never replaced during our 3 day stay and the towels were small and not luxurious. There was a small, but deep tub and no TV or sit down vanity in the bathroom. Robes and disposable slippers were provided. Turn down included bottled water but no chocolate or other treat. If you want a morning paper, you will have to find the request card on the turn-down tray and hang it on your door. Complementary shoe shine bag can also be found on the tray.
The spa is small including a locker room, gym, steam room and treatment rooms. I did not use my spa credit because an 80 min treatment cost $230.

Overall the stay was comfortable and quiet. We saw one actor and other people who were happy to keep to themselves, not the typical drunk and rowdy Vegas crowd. I do not think we would stay here again since we enjoy trying different hotels, but rather opt for a more modern 5 star hotel closer to the center if the action like the or the new Mandarian.

2 Thank TouristSanDiego
Milw,WI
Reviewed September 17, 2009

First of all I read many reviews of Las Vegas hotels and it came down to Wynn or Four Seasons and sooo happy we chose Four Seasons. It occupies the top 5 floors of Mandalay Bay. We have stayed at many 5 star hotels throughout the states and the Caribbean and this one is on the top of my list. Upon check-in we were upgraded to a 2600 sq ft suite for my husbands b-day. The check-in process was easy and fast, only 4 people in line ahead of us, unlike other Vegas hotels where check in wraps around 100 people deep. The lobby was beautiful. (Just a tip in the lobby every morning they have complimentary coffee and tea til 8am). Are bags were taken from us even before we walked into the lobby and was told they would be brought up to our room immediately. They arrived 5 min after we walked into our room! There was a compl. cake delivered for my husbands bday also. We did utilize the room service for a late night 2am snack and it was hot, delicous, and delivered as promised within 30 min of ordering. The pool was beautiful ate lunch there daily, and again outstanding. My favorite part of the pool was the frozen towels they would pass out, evian spritz, and frozen melon balls they would come around with. The pool was very nice, relaxing, and quiet. Loved the fact that you could use the Mandalay Bay wave pool and lazy river but they cannot come to our pool! The workout facility was top of the line with a Gatorade dispenser and lemon water

We did use the concierge one time and they were incredible! The hotel does have a house car (09 Cadillac Escalade) where the driver will take you anywhere in a 3mi range. We used this feature once and did tip him well. Nothing like pulling up to a restaurant and getting out of the car and everyone looking to see who it is! Very cool! Just ask the door man if the car is available (it is 1st come 1st serve:) I really can't say enough great things about the hotel, it was just incredible! I read all the reviews on this hotel and some people complained and I was thinking they are just miserable people if they couldn't love everything about this hotel. The Casino (Mandalay Bay's) was easy to find and had lots of fun there too! We are already planning our return!!!

3 Thank edjen
Edmonton
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed three nights in late August and had chosen the hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews. What we experienced exceeded our expectations. We received a free upgrade to a Deluxe room, the King size bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom with separate tub and shower was top notch. Had a wonderful time at the pool where we enjoyed complimentary strawberry smoothies and mango popsicles.

The whole place is serene, immaculate and hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They even left a small birthday cake for my wife which was a piece of art in itself along with a card and personal message.

We couldn't believe we were able to receive this 5 star royal treatment for $ 149 per night. If we return to Vegas this will definitely be our first choice again and we can only highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FrequentTraveler1963
Chicago
Reviewed September 16, 2009

A luxury oasis in this overglitzed city. Rooms are well equipped, remarkably clean with great views. Food is always excellent and the Sunday buffet brunch is in typical Four Seasons style.........a treat! From the time you enter, you know its simply the best.Pool staff is wonderfully attentive.

Cant imagine staying anywhere else in Las Vegas.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business