“Peace and Quiet Next Door to Hustle and Bustle”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego
“Peace and Quiet Next Door to Hustle and Bustle”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Tucked away on floors 35-39 of the Mandalay Bay Hotel at the far south end of the strip, the Four Seasons Hotel offers a quiet lobby decorated with beautiful fresh flowers that feels a million miles away from the rest of Vegas. A security concern exists as no room key or ID check is required for elevator access to any floor. The Mandalay Bay Hotel is just an unlocked door away. Through the casino, one can walk across Mandalay Place into the Luxor.

The small pool area is physically separated from the busy Mandalay by a large privacy wall. We dined at the Veranda restaurant, a nicely decorated space with both indoor And outdoor seating. I recommend the bento box with tomato soup, pesto pasta salad, Italian panini, and delicious crime brûlée for dessert. There was a constant flow of upper end weddings. Both nights such events closed the pool area early.

Now to describe the room accommodations. We booked under the "suite package" which included buy one, get one night free and $50 off a 80 minute spa treatment. We upgraded our suite for an additional $300/night ending up with the "sunrise sunset suite" normally priced at $1,800 per night for $ 969 per tax for 2 nights. 73% off. Parking is an additional $20 per night. The suite was a huge 1,500 sq feet complete with 1 1/2 baths, pantry, dining, living room/ study, large walk-in closet, and marble bath room. The furnishings and artwork were traditional. Floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides provided panoramic views of the strip, airport, and pools. Bed linens were comfortable, but the bed lacked the required support and left me with a back ache upon waking each morning. Vanity items were never replaced during our 3 day stay and the towels were small and not luxurious. There was a small, but deep tub and no TV or sit down vanity in the bathroom. Robes and disposable slippers were provided. Turn down included bottled water but no chocolate or other treat. If you want a morning paper, you will have to find the request card on the turn-down tray and hang it on your door. Complementary shoe shine bag can also be found on the tray.
The spa is small including a locker room, gym, steam room and treatment rooms. I did not use my spa credit because an 80 min treatment cost $230.

Overall the stay was comfortable and quiet. We saw one actor and other people who were happy to keep to themselves, not the typical drunk and rowdy Vegas crowd. I do not think we would stay here again since we enjoy trying different hotels, but rather opt for a more modern 5 star hotel closer to the center if the action like the or the new Mandarian.

2 Thank TouristSanDiego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Milw,WI
Reviewed September 17, 2009

First of all I read many reviews of Las Vegas hotels and it came down to Wynn or Four Seasons and sooo happy we chose Four Seasons. It occupies the top 5 floors of Mandalay Bay. We have stayed at many 5 star hotels throughout the states and the Caribbean and this one is on the top of my list. Upon check-in we were upgraded to a 2600 sq ft suite for my husbands b-day. The check-in process was easy and fast, only 4 people in line ahead of us, unlike other Vegas hotels where check in wraps around 100 people deep. The lobby was beautiful. (Just a tip in the lobby every morning they have complimentary coffee and tea til 8am). Are bags were taken from us even before we walked into the lobby and was told they would be brought up to our room immediately. They arrived 5 min after we walked into our room! There was a compl. cake delivered for my husbands bday also. We did utilize the room service for a late night 2am snack and it was hot, delicous, and delivered as promised within 30 min of ordering. The pool was beautiful ate lunch there daily, and again outstanding. My favorite part of the pool was the frozen towels they would pass out, evian spritz, and frozen melon balls they would come around with. The pool was very nice, relaxing, and quiet. Loved the fact that you could use the Mandalay Bay wave pool and lazy river but they cannot come to our pool! The workout facility was top of the line with a Gatorade dispenser and lemon water

We did use the concierge one time and they were incredible! The hotel does have a house car (09 Cadillac Escalade) where the driver will take you anywhere in a 3mi range. We used this feature once and did tip him well. Nothing like pulling up to a restaurant and getting out of the car and everyone looking to see who it is! Very cool! Just ask the door man if the car is available (it is 1st come 1st serve:) I really can't say enough great things about the hotel, it was just incredible! I read all the reviews on this hotel and some people complained and I was thinking they are just miserable people if they couldn't love everything about this hotel. The Casino (Mandalay Bay's) was easy to find and had lots of fun there too! We are already planning our return!!!

3 Thank edjen
Edmonton
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed three nights in late August and had chosen the hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews. What we experienced exceeded our expectations. We received a free upgrade to a Deluxe room, the King size bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom with separate tub and shower was top notch. Had a wonderful time at the pool where we enjoyed complimentary strawberry smoothies and mango popsicles.

The whole place is serene, immaculate and hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They even left a small birthday cake for my wife which was a piece of art in itself along with a card and personal message.

We couldn't believe we were able to receive this 5 star royal treatment for $ 149 per night. If we return to Vegas this will definitely be our first choice again and we can only highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FrequentTraveler1963
Chicago
Reviewed September 16, 2009

A luxury oasis in this overglitzed city. Rooms are well equipped, remarkably clean with great views. Food is always excellent and the Sunday buffet brunch is in typical Four Seasons style.........a treat! From the time you enter, you know its simply the best.Pool staff is wonderfully attentive.

Cant imagine staying anywhere else in Las Vegas.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2009

My husband nor I knew nothing about the Four Seasons Hotels. We made a short stay in September 2009 and could not believe hotel stays could be this wonderful. I will seek out the Four Seasons Hotels from now on, no matter where we do. The food was the best, beds were unbelievable to sleep in and the service what what you would expect and more in a hotel such as this. Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas gets 6 star from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claudine and Bryen Walker

Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed at the FS over the Labor Day weekend for four nights on a great buy one night get one free "Sweet Summer Suite" deal. Previous reviews all give good descriptions of the entrance and lobby so I won't go into that area. We stayed in a strip view suite on the 39th floor. The view was absolutely amazing with almost the entire lower end of the strip spread out before you, from Mandalay Bay all the way to Treasure Island. The surrounding mountains and cityscape were also incredible. We also had a view of the airport which I find quite fascinating. The airplanes taking off and landing was not the least bit intrusive to us. The nightclub above our room was much more noticeable, especially at 1:30 in the am. While it didn't interfere overmuch, we still noticed it each night. Those who are light sleepers might wish to put a floor or two between themselves and this area.

The furnishings in the room, as others have pointed out, could definitely use some updating. The two large plasma screen tv's were nice as were the addition of large potted ferns. However, the rest of the decor lacked the expected richness that goes with other FS properties. Our biggest letdown in the room was, by far, the bathroom. I would rate it as adequate rather than good. In this price range of hotel, I would expect a double vanity as well as a slightly larger shower. The deep soaking tub was the one standout in this area.

The service was certainly above average but I can't, in all honesty, rate it as exceptional. While I can't give any one example of poor service, overall, it just seemed not exactly what I expected. Upon check-in, we were asked about our preference of newspaper but one was never delivered, valets seemed very harried when there were more than two vehicles present at the same time, taxis weren't moved through this area very smoothly. Just small, somewhat annoying little things. After check-in was completed, we were walked around the corner and simply told the elevators are "that way". No effort was made to explain any of the hotel offerings (i.e. the pool, spa, restuarants etc). I must reiterate what others have pointed out about the cost of valet parking. Paying over $350 a night for a room, you would certainly expect this sort of thing to be included. Every other hotel in Vegas has figured this out.

We used room service three times and each time it was delivered promptly, at the proper temperature and the presentation was very nicely done. Nothing was forgotten and they really seemed to anticipate everything that could possibly be needed. Very well done.

While we certainly enjoyed our time at the Four Seasons Las Vegas, and we would recommend it, I can't say we would necessarily pay quite this much again to stay here. However, with the right deal, we would definitely consider it.

3 Thank Tarps
Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My partner and I decided to celebrate our anniversery in Las Vegas during a long Labor Day weekend. After reading the great reviews I decided to spend the extra buck and go with the FS. My experience could not have turned out any better. From the moment we walked in and were greeted with a "Happy Anniversery" I knew it would be a special stay.

Our room was a strip view suite on the 38th floor. The lights and glitz of Vegas spread out in the distance - truly a great sight. The room was simple yet well decorated - it felt classy without resorting to dark colors and funky lighting. The bathroom was spacious and the powder room huge. The scent of the hotel from the lobby to the elevators to the rooms set the stage.

Every facet of the FS service was top notch. At the pool we were shown to chairs and once again greeted with "Happy Anniversery" when I gave my name. The pool staff was very friendly and always made sure we were kept happy. One of the hotel managers came up to us and said champagne was on him for our anniversery if we so chose. Housekeeping was professional and attentive, with twice daily cleaing and turndown service. The sheets and towels were in perfect condition (a great tell of what class of hotel you are in). I can go on and on...

Was it perfect? About as perfect as any hotel I've been in. I had friends staying at THEhotel in a suite and I could see the envy in their eyes. Any thing I would change? Well, only one: double ply toilet paper would be the only suggestion.

From now on, when I travel to Vegas, I know where I'll be staying.

4 Thank skipnatl