4,752 results
All reviewsmandalay bayveranda restauranthouse carsecret doormandalay poolseparate entranceprivate poolstrip view suitewave poolpool staffother hotelsturn down servicepeace and quietsouth end of the stripsteam roomone bedroom suitepool side
Reviewed January 1, 2006

Well let me start by saying, that if you are not a pet lover stay away from this hotel. I am a lifelong Las Vegas resident and as a special evening to celebrate my engagement I booked a room at the Four Seasons. Upon check in I thought that I had used the wrong entrance and entered the check in for a kennel ( There were 4 dogs and a cat wandering the lobby ). Evidentially the 4 Seasons is the only hotel on the Strip that allows animals. We arrived just past the check in time of 3 p.m. and was told that our " Superior " room was not ready yet. We were offered a drink and asked if we would like to be directed to the Spa..?? After about 45 minutes I asked the desk again if our room was ready and told that it looked like it was...almost ready. Like they had a crystal ball and could see that they were just finishing up. The room was quite typical. One normal sized room, with a view of the airport. The bathroom was nice. I expected for a Four Seasons that the bedding would have been appointed with a high thread count sheet, but found it to be quite normal. I had also expected an upgraded mattress, that even Hampton Inn has now, but found a typical mattress with what looked like a thin cloth mattress pad on it. Maybe a piddle pad for the animals. There was a flat screen plasma T.V. in the room, but with no digital capabilities or HDTV all of the images were just poor quality stretched out over a big plasma. The room next door to us had some sort of a small animal in it that kept us awake during the night whining, from under the door of the room it was in. We didn't use any of the services at the hotel with the exception of the consierge who booked a reservation for us for dinner. I have been to the pool at the hotel in the summer time and it is quite and nice. I have to say that the housekeeping staff is very friendly in the halls, always saying good evening or good morning, but noticed that they only addressed me and not my future wife. As we checked out and headed downstairs, we proceeded to the desk through the beautiful marble floored hallway. We noticed as we walked down the hall, a porter standing ahead of us holding a small towel. He said nothing to us as we approached, but we quickly noticed that he was standing next to a small pile of dog poop, that we would have stepped in if we hadn't noticed it. The porter said nothing, but only seemed that he was waiting for us to pass before he bent over to pick it up. I was anxious for someone at the check out desk to ask how my stay was, but instead was just greeted with, "well that was a short stay". I held my tongue because all that I wanted to say was, "it wasn't short enough". There was never any effort to ask if everything was ok, or if we enjoyed ourselves. In closing, I will have to say that if you are looking for a luxury experience in Las Vegas, this is not the place, unless you are traveling with a pet and would like it to be able to poop on fine marble. Sorry Four Seasons Hotel Kennel and Spa but I won't be back nor will I recommend it to anyone that I know.

62  Thank jimbuddi
Reviewed December 31, 2005

My husband travels to Vegas for business, so sometimes we make a long weekend out of it. This is our favorite hotel on the strip.

Rooms:

The rooms are well-kept and spacious, with nice large marble bathrooms. If you've ever stayed on the strip, you know to expect screaming drunken revelry promptly at 3 AM. During our stays at the Four Seasons, this has happened once. (While very annoying, we still marvel at the fact that it's only happened once.) Actually, we stayed here earlier this year during the NBA Summer League event mentioned in another review below, and luckily all was quiet on our floor.

Service:

This is the highlight of our experience at this hotel. It truly makes a difference when the staff is thoroughly attentive and competent. Once, when our TV remote stopped working, a replacement arrived less than 5 minutes after a call to the front desk. Every restaurant reservation made through the concierge resulted in wonderful seating (including Emeril's own table at "Emeril's" in the MGM). The maids even straighten and organize your running shoes during service. There is a house car to take you to other locations on the strip free of charge, though tipping is allowed. (You can't reserve a house car in advance, but if one is available they'll bring it around for you.)

Gym:

Excellent hotel gym, functionally as well as aesthetically (I like the butter-colored walls). The cardio machines are modern, with individual TVs for media hounds. The weight room has standard dumbell and resistance training equipment. The free water and Gatorade is especially appreciated during and after exercise.

Food/Cafe:

We had an excellent breakfast at the hotel restaurant; the corned beef hash is very tasty, as are the blueberry pancakes. There is so much excellent food to be had in Vegas, though, that we usually dine elsewhere. While not inside the Four Seasons proper, I found a decent cafe to work in downstairs in Mandalay Bay, near The Border Grill. There is plenty of reading light from both overhead and a large window nearby. (Ordinarily I wouldn't review ideal study environments in Vegas, but it took me all afternoon to find this place so there you go.)

Overall:

We've had great stays here, with incredible service.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
23  Thank littleplum
Reviewed December 28, 2005

After doing a penthouse at Bellagio, we wanted to try FS. While the room was sufficient, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that the pool areas at both Four Seasons AND Mandalay Bay were closed. This is unacceptable. I could have stayed at Bellagio or at the Monte Carlo for 1/5 the price and they had full service for their pool areas...I should have been informed of this and the price of rooms should have been cut for this lack of major amenity.

Upon checkout, a whole HOST of phone charges that weren't ours were on our bill. We demanded they be removed, only to be told there would be an "Investigation" into them..yeah, whatever. Go right ahead because I never used the phone and I'm sure one of your employees had a wonderful time talking to his or her relatives in San Juan. But don't try to pin $250 worth of phone charges on me.

Overall, not impressed with FS and probably won't return.

29  Thank audreyport2001
Reviewed December 25, 2005

Grotesquely disappointing. Stayed with wife and daughter for three nights in July of this year. Picked FS because it is one of few Vegas hotels that cater to children. Service was far below what I have encountered at any other FS and worse than many Hyatts/Marriotts/Sheratons.

Best concierge could manage for Lance Burton show at Monte Carlo was two rows from back (despite $50 tip up front). I was able to exchange for fourth row center at Monte Carlo Box office. Concierge was equally adept at all requests for dinner/club reservations and I found I was far more effective making any required arrangements on my own.

Promised complimentary Towne Car never available.

Room service breakfast arrived on time but incomplete: took 20 minutes for last item to be delivered.

Worst part of what was a woefully underwhelming experience had to do with timing and hotel response. We were there when the hotel was being used as the base for the NBA's Summer League. Our first night reminded me more of a college dorm with players and their "guests" running and screaming down the hall well into the morning. Security was finally able to get things to a reasonable level by 3:30. The next morning many guests joined me at the front desk demanding to be moved. Management's response to many of our complaints - including the pungent odor of marijuana throughout the night and day - was that these were "incidents beyond their control!" What rubbish.

We were finally able to change rooms and the hotel made all arrangements for the move (the minimum a guest should expect), but in the process, they lost one of my shirts.

On the plus side, rooms are beautifully appointed, if a bit dated, and all amenities are first-rate. The spa is one of the best I have ever enjoyed (recommend the "Man for All Seasons" package). Grounds at Mandalay Bay are spectacular. But staff, although friendly, never seemed to match the level of commitment I have experienced at other luxury hotels.

Upon check out, I spoke to the manager directly regarding my less-than-pleasant experience at the Las Vegas FS. His response was that he would put my complaints into my "guest profile" folder.

Not the answer I would have expected at any comparable hotel, but at this Four Seasons, I can't say it was a surprise.

• Stayed: July 2005
40  Thank Williaminsd
Reviewed December 18, 2005

I chose the Four Seasons because I wanted a peaceful non-smokey place on the strip to stay. And, that's what I got. Service was great. We were able to check into our room early. The only problem was that the jucuzzi wasn't working because there was a heating problem. The worse part is that the employees working at the pool didn't know there was a problem and couldn't help me out. The rooms weren't as modern and luxurious as I thought they would be. But, it seems that soon they will be going through a modernization.

21  Thank run2travel