“Wonderful service keeps us coming back”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, CA
“Wonderful service keeps us coming back”
Reviewed December 31, 2005

My husband travels to Vegas for business, so sometimes we make a long weekend out of it. This is our favorite hotel on the strip.

Rooms:

The rooms are well-kept and spacious, with nice large marble bathrooms. If you've ever stayed on the strip, you know to expect screaming drunken revelry promptly at 3 AM. During our stays at the Four Seasons, this has happened once. (While very annoying, we still marvel at the fact that it's only happened once.) Actually, we stayed here earlier this year during the NBA Summer League event mentioned in another review below, and luckily all was quiet on our floor.

Service:

This is the highlight of our experience at this hotel. It truly makes a difference when the staff is thoroughly attentive and competent. Once, when our TV remote stopped working, a replacement arrived less than 5 minutes after a call to the front desk. Every restaurant reservation made through the concierge resulted in wonderful seating (including Emeril's own table at "Emeril's" in the MGM). The maids even straighten and organize your running shoes during service. There is a house car to take you to other locations on the strip free of charge, though tipping is allowed. (You can't reserve a house car in advance, but if one is available they'll bring it around for you.)

Gym:

Excellent hotel gym, functionally as well as aesthetically (I like the butter-colored walls). The cardio machines are modern, with individual TVs for media hounds. The weight room has standard dumbell and resistance training equipment. The free water and Gatorade is especially appreciated during and after exercise.

Food/Cafe:

We had an excellent breakfast at the hotel restaurant; the corned beef hash is very tasty, as are the blueberry pancakes. There is so much excellent food to be had in Vegas, though, that we usually dine elsewhere. While not inside the Four Seasons proper, I found a decent cafe to work in downstairs in Mandalay Bay, near The Border Grill. There is plenty of reading light from both overhead and a large window nearby. (Ordinarily I wouldn't review ideal study environments in Vegas, but it took me all afternoon to find this place so there you go.)

Overall:

We've had great stays here, with incredible service.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
23 Thank littleplum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
denver
Reviewed December 28, 2005

After doing a penthouse at Bellagio, we wanted to try FS. While the room was sufficient, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that the pool areas at both Four Seasons AND Mandalay Bay were closed. This is unacceptable. I could have stayed at Bellagio or at the Monte Carlo for 1/5 the price and they had full service for their pool areas...I should have been informed of this and the price of rooms should have been cut for this lack of major amenity.

Upon checkout, a whole HOST of phone charges that weren't ours were on our bill. We demanded they be removed, only to be told there would be an "Investigation" into them..yeah, whatever. Go right ahead because I never used the phone and I'm sure one of your employees had a wonderful time talking to his or her relatives in San Juan. But don't try to pin $250 worth of phone charges on me.

Overall, not impressed with FS and probably won't return.

29 Thank audreyport2001
Del Mar, Ca
Reviewed December 25, 2005

Grotesquely disappointing. Stayed with wife and daughter for three nights in July of this year. Picked FS because it is one of few Vegas hotels that cater to children. Service was far below what I have encountered at any other FS and worse than many Hyatts/Marriotts/Sheratons.

Best concierge could manage for Lance Burton show at Monte Carlo was two rows from back (despite $50 tip up front). I was able to exchange for fourth row center at Monte Carlo Box office. Concierge was equally adept at all requests for dinner/club reservations and I found I was far more effective making any required arrangements on my own.

Promised complimentary Towne Car never available.

Room service breakfast arrived on time but incomplete: took 20 minutes for last item to be delivered.

Worst part of what was a woefully underwhelming experience had to do with timing and hotel response. We were there when the hotel was being used as the base for the NBA's Summer League. Our first night reminded me more of a college dorm with players and their "guests" running and screaming down the hall well into the morning. Security was finally able to get things to a reasonable level by 3:30. The next morning many guests joined me at the front desk demanding to be moved. Management's response to many of our complaints - including the pungent odor of marijuana throughout the night and day - was that these were "incidents beyond their control!" What rubbish.

We were finally able to change rooms and the hotel made all arrangements for the move (the minimum a guest should expect), but in the process, they lost one of my shirts.

On the plus side, rooms are beautifully appointed, if a bit dated, and all amenities are first-rate. The spa is one of the best I have ever enjoyed (recommend the "Man for All Seasons" package). Grounds at Mandalay Bay are spectacular. But staff, although friendly, never seemed to match the level of commitment I have experienced at other luxury hotels.

Upon check out, I spoke to the manager directly regarding my less-than-pleasant experience at the Las Vegas FS. His response was that he would put my complaints into my "guest profile" folder.

Not the answer I would have expected at any comparable hotel, but at this Four Seasons, I can't say it was a surprise.

• Stayed July 2005
39 Thank Williaminsd
Reviewed December 18, 2005

I chose the Four Seasons because I wanted a peaceful non-smokey place on the strip to stay. And, that's what I got. Service was great. We were able to check into our room early. The only problem was that the jucuzzi wasn't working because there was a heating problem. The worse part is that the employees working at the pool didn't know there was a problem and couldn't help me out. The rooms weren't as modern and luxurious as I thought they would be. But, it seems that soon they will be going through a modernization.

21 Thank run2travel
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed December 9, 2005

I just returned from a 3 day stay at this beautiful property. Overall, I was very impressed with the atmosphere and ambience of the facility. However, my expectations of the service and rooms prior to arrival were met with disappointment. My greeting by the doorman was pleasant and he seemed eager to assist, direct, and answer questions. My next experience was at the front desk where it began to become evident that the staff was not consistent with those that I've experienced at other Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons, etc. From that point on, the staff, in comparison to others noted, seemed aloof and unattentive. My pre-arrival requests were ignored and unacknowledged when reminded. My housekeeping calls required follow-up to garner response. I was awakened by my room service breakfast that arrived 4 hours early. In general, the pleasant and eager attention and greetings that define The Four Seasons did not exist.
My spa visit was comfortable, relaxing and quite enjoyable. My massage by Melinda was superb and she is very professional. Otherwise, the complete spa experience was not of 5 star caliber.
The private pool area was beautifully appointed and a relaxing respite. Especially considering the lack of a crowd (3 hours of absolute seclusion in the sun). Must have been scared off by the calendar because the weather was perfect. Minimal staff, but obviously present if called upon.
Charlie Palmer Steak House offered a superior dining experience. No doubt that I would visit this restaurant again.
I am not a snob, nor am I a demanding or critical guest. I took it all very much in stride and I would easily stay here again. I appreciate the presence of The Four Seasons in a destination that largely lacks such elegance and comfort. But I do think that it bears stating that a property displaying "The Four Seasons" at it's door should provide a consistent level of service worthy of its name and reputation.
I don't think that I can rate this Four Seasons as excellent. That would not allow any room for praise of those that truly are.

23 Thank JRP
Brisbane
Reviewed December 3, 2005

Can people read ?
The four seasons is a great company and note
It is a serene enviro Yes
It clearly notes "The only retreat of its kind within this dynamic magnet for international travel, Four Seasons Las Vegas is an oasis of tranquillity and refinement a short distance from world-class entertainment and the baccarat table.
"
aLSO NOTE THE MAP
Of course being bias
But read quick facts because it states "Centrepiece of the exciting Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, a 60-acre (24-hectare) resort and entertainment development at the south end of the Las Vegas Strip"
Put special needs in an E-mail before YOU go and also look up YOUR hotel . It will help you don't go blind folded. Look EVERYTHING on the webpage it annoys how people don't read.

As noted on their web page.
Can any one help me with The George V or the New York FS.

• Stayed August 2005
10 Thank BrisbaneAdam
New York, NY
Reviewed November 20, 2005

We stayed at the FS from 11/16 - 11/20 to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th b-day. The front desk and concierge staff were polite and distant (Not the type that go out of their way to make their guests feel warm and fuzzy). However, services at the pool and at the spa were excellent. Also,the food at the Verandah was delicious and priced very reasonably ($50 for 2 for breakfast). Had breakfast there every morning and are still thinking about the their french toast and truffle fries (great pool side snack for $5!). The crowd was a bit old (i.e. 40 and above) and not glamourous. All and all, the hotel lacks the energy of other high end Vegas hotels. Will most likely stay at theHotel or Wynn next time.

• Stayed November 2005