“Superlative (with one small niggle)”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
cumbria
“Superlative (with one small niggle)”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The staff at this hotel are great. The rooms are a good size and more than adequately provided. The food at the Verandah restaurant was the best we had on our trip and the weekend buffet breakfast is simply to-die-for. The concierge had excelled in organising super tickets for a show in Vegas. Nothing seems too much trouble for the staff and they do go out of their way to help.

The only small niggle was the laundry bill... Now I'm no stranger to hotel laundry bills as we rarely travel with enough clothes and need to get them laundered. However $300 seems hefty even by my standards but there was no choice. I was almost on the point of asking a member of staff whether they wanted $100 in the pocket to take it home and do it for me. Am I too tight? Possibly.

As to the reviewer who found the "secret door" to MB a bit hard to locate; this is a bit disingenuous as there is a clear sign next to this door and it is in an obvious place close to the lobby of the MB.

It is down the far end of the strip and this does mean quite a bit of trekking about, but Hey, what else have you got to do?

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank luxurytravelonly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We just returned from 3 nights at the Four Seasons LV. We originally booked for $380 per night with the 3rd night free. Two days before I checked the rates and found $260 (?) per night with the 3rd night free as well. Being it was past the time needed to cancel and rebook, I decided to wait and ask for the new rate at check in. They had no problem with adjusting to the new rate.

The room was a fairly typical hotel room, though the marble bath/entry, towel/sheet quality, cleanliness were superb. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

Little touches included a wonderful turndown service with bottled water, slippers, comp. shoe shine service and an expansive mini bar with room to put in your own items were appreciated. The bellman even removes the airline luggage tags prior to bringing to your room, which I can't recall ever having been done for us before (a small thing, but noticed just as well).

The pool service was phenomenal (with one exception, we spent 3 full days by the pool)! When you arrive to the pool area, you are greeted near the front by a pool attendant. The attendant escorts you to your chairs, lays down a chair cover (huge towel), gives you another towel and places a pitcher of ice water next to you on your table. They continually come around to make sure your water is iced and full. We only had to wait one day (saturday @ noon). They put you on a wait list and take down your cell number. We went to the pool bar, ordered drinks and lunch and within about 10 minutes our chairs were ready. The bartender then brought our drinks over to our chairs so he could see where to send our lunch. We ate lunch on our lounge chairs everyday.

Attendants periodically come around with various items....Evian spritz, cold cucumbers for your eyes, cold towels, frozen melon balls, popsicles, etc. We had excellent service from everyone, except one female food server, who shall remain nameless (a complaint was made, so hopefully she will straighten up, or maybe was just having a really bad day).

The house car service was great. We used it several times, including to return to the airport. The longest we had to wait was 10 minutes.

The pros (as listed above) will bring us back, though only if we are going to pretty much relax around the pool, go to the spa or generally just be spoiled. There are not many restaurants (only 2 at FS, though Charlie Palmer was excellent) or lounges which match our taste. The scene around Mandalay Bay is just too hectic and does not provide enough options as far as fine dining, shopping, shows etc. We prefer the more upscale feel around the Wynn and Palazzo, though customer service is, by far, not as spectacular as at the FS.

By the way, don't waste your money at Minus 5 (ice bar)....$25 pp to get in includes one small drink. It is neat for about a minute, but you're ready to leave after that (I was really excited to go too).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank JT3373
denver, co
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Read my reviews and you will see that I am critical of many hotels. This hotel, however, is absolutely amazing by any standard. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and never have I stayed in one that got everything perfect...until this one. The staff, the rooms, the amentities, the everything is just the best. Congratulations to who must be the best hotel managers who ever walked. You have done an incredible job making this the best hotel possible!

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler1Denver_Co
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Positives have been mentioned already here over and over. Yeah its nice to have your own pool at MB. Yeah they spray water on your face and give you nice things at the pool. Yeah the rooms are nice, but not the nicest I've been in. Yes they do little things that are very cute and they do have awesome housekeeping and turndown service. Yes the spa is very nice and you can shower there after you check out before hitting the airport. Yes you have your own elevator and it takes you quickly to your room. Yes you do feel grateful you aren't fighting with the MB masses to get on and off the steamy hot MB elevators, and that your hotel is quiet.

Here are the negatives which aren't horrible, which is why I recommended the hotel, but still are negative:

Price: For a room that is quite similar to MB, you pay quite a bit more and you have to find the secret door to get the shortcut back from MB.

Tude: Both the workers and the clientele are a little more snooty than average but maybe this is the new global Vegas trend? read below.

Location: Hidden away in Mandalay Bay, which aside from the close location of the airport, is at the far south end of the strip. The hotel is isolated and it is sort of like a maze to find your way back to the hotel from MB.

Car Service: The "complimentary" car service was never available when I asked for it. Well once it was billed as available, but turned out to be not, see below. Apparently, this service will drop you off whereever you want within a certain radius. However, they won't come and pick you up. Also, if the car is out, you have to wait for it to return. And it only has certain hours. One morning, I asked the valet attendant for the free car service, and I was guided to a nice sedan, when I arrived at my destination I was told $25 please. Umm why? Because this isn't the car service, this is ****** limo service. Oh really? You didn't hear the valet? Where did you come up with that number? Maybe you should tell me that up front when I got in the vehicle? Maybe I should have just taken the cab? WTF? Don't mind paying a few bucks, but not when it's supposed to be free! Clearly the driver knew it was a bait and switch based on what happened when I tried to just give him a gratuity at the end of the 5 minute ride: "Oh yeah this isn't the free car service, you must think that it is right? Oh no this is **** limo service? hmmm right.
After this, I called the front desk to complain about the valet and the driver, but nothing more than a cursory "sorry" was mentioned. Ok whatever.

As an aside, and this is a general Las Vegas observation:

I can't remember being borderline scammed so many times by taxis making long trips to pad the fare. By the time you realize that they are taking an especially indirect route, it's too late, and they have an excuse ready to go. Must be the economy. I also don't remember so many dealers and waitstaff being so cranky! Weird for a city that so depends on the tourists. I know there has always been a love/hate relationship between the locals and tourists, but I really felt it more this trip.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for the rooms, the housekeeping, prompt attention to maintenance (toilet lever broke, maintenance guy came within 5 minutes and fixed it), the pools, the access to MB. Verify the car service is free first or just take a cab and be done with it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank revengeofaone
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Second trip to Vegas and second stay in the Four Seasons. No doubt where we will stay on our third trip. Just a complete haven of tranquillity and civilisation among the madness. From the a la carte breakfast (no scrabbling round buffets here) to the excellent concierge service this hotel is simply impeccable.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fleetcat
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I recently spent 3 nights at the FS, Las Vegas.

Overall, I was very satisfied. The reason why I picked the FS for my trip was the serenity that I was looking in Vegas, and I got that. The FS is located on the top floors of the Mandalay Bay, but thanks to separate entrance, pool, valet etc, it feels like a completely different, non-hectic hotel.

PROs:
- Complimentary upgrade from 1 king size room to 1 king size handicapped accessible suite. I arrived early and there were only 2 rooms available at the time, a 2 queen size beds room (I felt the beds were too small, and only wanted 1 bed anyway), and the suite, which was of good size and had a great bed
- Again, the bed - felt extremely comfortable. The girl I went home with loved it, too.
- General service level; close to perfection as usually in Four Seasons properties. Special praise to valet guys, housekeeping and the guy who carried the bags to my room
- Meeting the Detroit Pistons summer league players in the elevator. DeJuan Summers comes across as a really great guy.
- Lunch at the FS restaurant. Tasted good, plus good service.

CONs:
- Only one really, but that almost led me to giving this hotel only 4 stars: At the pool, none of the employees bothered to provide me with towels or water. Everyone else was served, I was ignored for 2 hours. Completely ridiculous and not typical for the rest of the employees (outside of the pool area).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank SHills2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Everything about it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business