“I miss it already! They spoiled me!”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This was a wonderful hotel. Expensive but wonderful (and no high-roller rooms to get comped because there is no casino!)
My fiance and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate my 50th birthday. We live in New York City and wanted to relax by a pool and do nothing but we wanted a night life, too. We were staying for 8 nights, and I wanted to be treated like a queen for my birthday.
So when they found out it was my birthday, they were going to send a cake to our room. But I explained to them that I'm diabetic and they offered me a sugar-free cake, but I asked for fruit instead. Well, they sent fruit up to our room every day for our whole stay! And then, on our first day and on my actual birthday, they sent a fruit and cheese platter!
Everyone who works at the Four Seasons addresses you by your name and everyone is extremely helpful and friendly - from the Front Desk staff to the maids.
Speaking of the maids, they do a phenomenal job. They thoroughly clean and change the towels, etc., twice a day (more if you request it for some reason). They pay attention to what you need and you don't have to ask. For example, I use a lot of towels when I shower and she noticed that so she started bringing a lot of towels and putting them on the shelves in the bath area for us. I never had to ask for extras.
Shower was excellent (separate from tub) - great water pressure. Separate toilet area so your roomie can tinkle in private while you're brushing your teeth. Room darkening curtains were great in the morning after a late night out - couldn't tell if it was day or night. Nice big flat screen TV. VERY comfortable bed (king with pillow-top mattress). Lots of great pillows. Wonderful bed linens (very soft cotton, including the duvet cover, so you're never touching anything that someone else's behind touched). Lots of little touches like bottled water by your bed every night, great thick terry cloth robes (one for each of you), a pair of slippers for each of you (they're pretty cheap disposable slippers - nothing to write home about, but they lasted all week very nicely).
We got upgraded to a "strip-view" room. From what I understand, with the exception of the view, the room is identical to the "superior" room, but I didn't see those rooms. The view of the strip is no big deal during the day but at night, when all the neon goes on, it's really cool. We live in a high building at home, so maybe the day view just reminds me of home but if you're from a small town, you'll be amazed by the view.
I think the room could have been bigger but it was very acceptable. I would like to have seen a suite (I tried to upgrade but they were full). My guess is that they are incredible.
Free WiFi if you have a laptop otherwise you can access the internet via the TV but it's $14.99 for 24 hours and it's very flakey. You're better off using the PC's in the business center. You run your credit card through and get the first 10 minutes free (after that, however, it's $1.00 per minute and be careful about printing anything...it's $1.00 per page to print!!!).
There are two phones in the room and one in the bathroom by the toilet. The phone by the bed is a cordless, which is very handy. There is a safe in the room that is easy to program. An iron, a hair dryer, and really nice soaps, shampoo, conditioner. lotion, shower gels in the bathroom.
You have full control of the central A/C in the room, which works very well. Unfortunately, you cannot open the windows at all, though.
If you put your "do not disturb" sign on the door, they are extremely respectful of it...we ordered something from room service and forgot that we had the sign on the door. The delivery person didn't knock on our door and, instead, walkie-talkied to the office who called us to ask if it was OK for the person to knock! Speaking of room service, it's great, but it's really expensive. That said, if they tell you they'll be there in 20 minutes, they are there in 17 minutes!
There is a mini bar in the room and a tray of delicious looking snack foods but they're expensive and we didn't make use of them - except for a bottle of Fiji Water.
Concierges are very helpful but don't expect them to be able to recommend anything inexpensive. They don't seem to have a grasp of how espensive the restaurants are when you ask them to recommend something reasonable. Do your own research to find inexpensive options. But do use the concierge to make reservations at restaurants in other hotels for you.
Speaking of which, the two restaurants in the hotel are excellent. Verandah has very nice food, serves breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner. They also have a really nice outdoor seating area just off from the pool. In addition, they serve as the source of food that you can order when you sit by the pool. All good. The other restaurant is Charlie Palmer's Steakhouse. Amazing food and service. Top notch.
The hotel's private car (a Cadillac SUV) is available to anyone in the hotel who requests it if you are going within 3 miles of the hotel - but it's first come first serve, so when you walk outside the front door, ask the doorman if the car is available. If not, take a taxi, but if it is available, it's free (tip the driver), really comfortable, and a wonderful option. They won't pick you up from wherever you go, though, once you're there, you're on your own to get back (taxis are easily available everywhere you go - but they don't cruise on the strip...you have to get one at a taxi stand at any hotel or store).
The hotel really is an oasis of serenity, as advertised. It was such a pleasure coming "home" to our peaceful lobby after being in the casinos and/or the other hotels. Our stay was for 9 days, which began on Memorial Day weekend. It was a madhouse everywhere that weekend - it was like being on Spring Break in Cancun with a ton of young 20-somethings. Noisy, crowded, overwhelming. But not in OUR hotel. Oh, it was busy - and full. But the only place it was any sort of issue was at the pool. Well, not an "issue" - it's just that there were way more people at the pool on the holiday weekend than there were at any other time. But it was an easygoing relaxed crowd. Unlike right next door at the Mandalay pools with thumping loud music and waaaay too many people.
By the way, when you stay at the Four Seasons, you can use all of the Mandalay pools but not vice versa. We only used the Four Seasons pool...just simply more relaxing and a better class of clientele (not drunken loud kids showing off their boob implants). Order lunch while you're lounging by the pool. They bring you a tray and the food is really good. The poolside service is excellent. On the slower days (non-holiday weekend), they come by and spray you with water to cool you off, offer you free popsicles, frozen melon balls, and even asked if we needed our sunglasses cleaned!
Casino...there is none. But Mandalay Bay is actually part of the same building as the Four Seasons and they do have a Casino. I didn't see every hotel but I can say this - I thought the Bellagio was the nicest casino I've ever seen. I thought the Venetian was a beautiful hotel and the casino was nice. I thought the MGM Grand stunk from cigarette smoke, even in the restaurants. I would not be able to gamble there. I thought Caesars was a horror show and just gave me a bad vibe from start to finish. Mandalay Bay's casino is relatively small if you're a table player. Tons of slot/video machines, though. But I'm a blackjack player. There are no non-smoking areas, but it wasn't too bad. Smoke really bothers me so I wasn't thrilled. At night, you can't find anything lower than a $15 minimum-bet table. But - it's all really easy to get to from Four Seasons. You don't have to leave the building to get there. So that's where we played. It would have been great if the Bellagio casino was that close but we just simply didn't feel like jumping into a cab to go there. And when the gambling is over, you walk through the (virtually unmarked) door and go from a loud, boisterous casino into a very quiet, clean, peaceful hallway at your private Four Seasons elevator and leave the noise and smoke behind. Aaaahhhh....Wonderful!
Ultimately, I was very pleased with our choice of where to stay. I was just about to book the Bellagio when it occurred to me that it was a holiday weekend and it might be crazy there. Boy, was I right and I'm glad we chose the Four Seasons instead. Expensive but worth the money. If we go back, that's where I'm staying.
My only complaints: There was an odd smell in part of the lobby for the entire time we were there and another guest told me it was the same last year. The spa was beautiful but there is no hot tub / jaccuzzi in there. Mandalay has one but you have to pay $30/day to use it and you have to walk through the casino after your massage if you come from Mandalay - that would un-relax you in a hurry. Also, although the bathroom has a "soaking" bathtub (very deep), it also has no jaccuzzi jets and there is no curtain or glass door around it, so the hot bath gets cold very quickly. Oh, and no chocolates on the pillow at night, LOL! (I can't eat them anyway but I can dream, can't I?)

11  Thank NYCgiirl
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed May 11, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Vegas at the Four Seasons. The hotel is absolutely fantastic in all regards. I must admit that we are loyal Ritz Carlton fans and regularly choose the RC as our brand of choice, but this stay may have changed that. The staff is truly focused on outstanding service beginning as you first walk in the door. The porter opens the car door for you and asks your last name as you are checking in. From then on, you are greeted by your last name. It is actually quite impressive. Equally as impressive was the service both at the pool and the spa. The rooms are nice and what I would call "standard" for a RC or FS brand. The robes were true terry cloth and actually nicer than the RC robes (spa robes). The slippers were terry cloth as well and more comfortable than the RC (spa slippers). The bed was nice and I slept well with no complaints. The black out curtains were truly best in class and enabled me to really sleep in without any sign of light coming through. The towels were ok, but not quite as nice as I would have expected (they were a bit worn and thinner than the typical RC towels). The bathroom was quite nice and the shower had some of the best water pressure that I have experienced in quite some time. The absolute best part of the hotel was that there is no casino noise. If you want the casino it is right next door and easily accessible, but you don't have to walk through it on your way to your room. On our departure we asked for a cab to the airport and the porter informed us that he would have the hotel car (black escalade ext) take us. This just capped off and absolutely perfect stay. All in all, the Four Seasons exceeded my expectations and I will absolutley make this my hotel of choice for all of my future visits to Las Vegas...

3  Thank MooneyPilot
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We stayed at this resort for two nights after a trip to Utah for hiking and had a Strip View room.  It was an extremely elegant, quiet respite from the loud Vegas scene.  We loved the spa, restaurants pool and overall service.  Our room was on the small side, but the view made up for it.  We have stayed at other Vegas hotels, most recently the Wynn, and found that the Four Seasons offered true relaxation with the ability to get to a casino or some other  vegas-style action within minutes.  I loved the fact that there was never a line for a cab and one could arrange spa services at any time one desired.  The pool area was small but beautiful and the attendants were so helpful.

3  Thank shami287
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We've visited Vegas a few times but this was the first time at The Four Seasons. The standard was as high as you'd expect from this hotel chain, but the real bonus was the escape from the madness of the town, which was only a short step away in the form of The Mandalay Bay. We had young children with us and found the ambience and service second to none.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Addicked
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Stay was one year ago. Birthday trip for me and my 83 year old Mom. Check in smooth and Spa treatments (a suprise gift from a family member) were over-the-top fabulous. Family member also suprised us with Champange and Chocolates placed in our room upon our arrival. Flowers delivered for birthday sent by family member and Cake compliments of Four Seasons were nicely done. My Mom had her first facial and loved it (and thought the esthetician was great). My extra long (180 min?) massage seemed a little decadant but it was one of the best deep tissue massages ever! Warmly greated by spa/gym staff every AM when I went to work out at the gym. Gym small and (a year ago- hopefully this was fixed) individual TV's on treadmill were controlled by a remote control that was not dedicated to your treadmills TV. A woman next to me kept pointing her remote my direction and changing my TV. I could not have been more irritated by this! Also, the Temp controls in the Accessible Spa shower were tempermental and I was glad I was present to help my Mom out, otherwise, the drastic change to hot water could have caused problems. The spa area was smallish but luxurious with a very nice staff.
We enjoyed breakfast and afternoon tea (reserve ahead) in Verandah. Room service for breakfast was wonderful and toiletries luxurious.
However we were very dissapointed with the accessible bathroom. A standard tub was fitted with bulky huge bench/chair but there was nothing to sit on in the shower. I was very disappointed with the response that I recieved from the front desk when I called down to ask about a shower chair for my Mom. "No we do not have one." There was a shower chair in the accessible bathroom in the spa so I ended up packing everything in a big tote and wheeling my Mom down to the spa so she could have a nice shower (with the iffy temp. control). The spa staff was gracious but I felt a little bit like a couple of ragtag refugees schleping down to the shower every day when I know the Four Seasons could afford to get a $45 shower chair to be sent up to our room. (The huge bathtub chair woud not fit in the shower).
I was also unimpressed with the front desk staff on the one occasion I was having problems with my key-card. Mom and I had been by the pool and we approached the front desk ( I was pushing Mom in her wheelchair ) and asked if I could get another key card for us to use. The front desk attendant looked at us and said " we need to see your ID". I was loaded-down with pool/sun gear and my Mom in a wheelchair. I explained that my wallet was in our safe in the room. Basically he said (I'm paraphrasing here): "too bad". It really would have been nice if he had offered to send someone up to our room with us and they could check our ID there.
We did enjoy the non-gaming oasis and quiet retreat of the resort, but the two incidents with lackluster staff really left us feeling lukewarm (at best) about the Four Seasons Vegas.
When we chose to stay at the Bellagio this year our experience with every staff member was wonderfull and the accessible rooms had a much better shower for someone with disabilities.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank dirigible
Reviewed April 22, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at various Four Seasons. While Las Vegas was not the most modern, it was certainly pretty, clean, and perfectly located. We enjoyed being set apart from the business of Las Vegas but close enough to hop down to the Mandalay Bay casino.

We stayed on the Las Vegas special and left on Sunday. On Saturday, I discussed extending our stay through Sunday evening and staying until Monday with a front desk person. She said that we could stay on the same reduced rate and that we could make our decision at any point. My husband called very early on Sunday morning and was told that he could not match that offer and in fact, the rate was much higher. Given the occupancy of the hotel - we were confused. We ended up leaving for another hotel where we got a much better rate. We were also annoyed to find that valet parking was $19.00 day - this was not clearly indicated anywhere and every other hotel in the area offers this service free. We would have self-parked if we had known. Last, I don't understand why internet service is $14.00 at the Four Seasons but free at virtually every low budget hotel. This is a dated expense and should be updated - not to mention that we were double-billed for it (which was later corrected).

The pool was gorgeous and if we return, the pool will be the reason. Overall, it was a good location with well-kept grounds but we felt as if we were being nickeled-and-dimed quite a bit.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

This was my first stay at a Four Seasons. I stayed at the Four Seasons Easter Weekend. I was assigned a room with a pool view. The Associate at the front desk was top notch, while the Associate at check-out was impersonal. The hotel has an understated scent of luxury. The room, on the 38th floor, was clean and in perfect condition. Room Service staff were cheerful and polite. The front desk spa staff seemed to be from a casting call of Sunset Tan - valley girls. Compared to the Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian, the spa lounge is tiny. Here is why I didn't give this hotel 4 or 5 stars - each morning the jets across the freeway would start their engines at 6am - I was taking some time off and didn't want to get up at 6am. ugh. I'm taking some time off around Memorial Day in Arizona and decided to stay at the JW Marriott Camelback instead of the Four Seasons - didn't want to take a chance that my quiet would be distrubed.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo