“An Oasis”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Stayed here for Xmas / New Year (2nd year running), Once again stayed in a Suite and whilst expensive it was worth every penny. The hotel is an absolute bastion of calm, quiet and elegance.
Lovely spa, the only downside is they don't do manis / pedis.
Charlie Palmers serves perfect steak. The valet has your car in a couple of minutes. Rooms are warm and comfortable. Perfect!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katkin1965
Write a ReviewReviews (4,370)

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Beautiful hotel for fist 4 nights of our honeymoon. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for. We loved the fact that it doesn't have a casino and is consequently much quieter than the majority of Vegas hotels. Also,being at the airport end of the strip, it's just not as busy. We stayed in a Premier Strip View room which did indeed have the most amazing view of the strip. We were treated to the most fantastic "free" firework display on New Years Eve which we watched from our room on the 18th floor. The service at this hotel is faultless. Roomservice plates were removed the second they were placed outside the door. The whole hotel was immaculately clean. We ate in the Veranda restaurant one evening and the meal was beautiful with attentive service. Everything you would expect from a 5 star Four Seasons hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barrythecat
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I am becoming a "regular" at FS properties. I love that they are so dependable, and you will always get what you pay for. I will say that I was a little disappointed in the "blah" room decorations here, but it was minor.

CHECK-IN:
Easy. I arrived at 11:30am on a Thursday and my strip-view room was ready. This was nice since I wanted to have lunch before my 2pm spa appointment.

ROOM:
Strip view was nice, but I am honestly not sure it is worth the tremendous jump in price from a regular room. At night it was cool to see the lights. . .but you could also walk outside at night see them. I would definitely not pay for the view again, although I appreciated others' recommendations here about it. I think I would have wondered what I was missing--now I know.

Bed--typical, comfortable, clean and nice, cool, soft sheets.
Bath--I didn't like the showers here-the water pressure was actually too hard, and there was no way to adjust the shower head to make it softer. I know, picky, picky, but not everyone likes to blasted out of the shower.
Desk/chair/tv: Very utilitarian. I could have been anywhere. . .not as comfortable as other FS properties.

FOOD:
I have the brunch at the hotel restaurant--it's a bit pricey and probably not worth it. the food was "typical" brunch food, and after having "The Buffet" at Wynn for 1/2 the price, there really is no comparison. The remainder of my meals I ate next door at Mandalay bay--nothing I would return for, including the much-heralded "Burger Bar." It was good, but $25 for a burger and fries???

POOL:
The pool area is lovely, and the pool itself is warm. The attendants were great--constantly checking on you, even bringing nuts or chips if you want them. Spending an afternoon here was definitely my most relaxing day.

SPA:
I had a facial here which was lovely. The facilities are top-notch, and the services comprehensive. They have people on "stand-by" so you can generally walk-in and request a same-day service. They were also very generous with samples of the products they used during my service, which is helpful before committing hundreds of dollars to a new routine.

CASINO:
This hotel is attached to Mandalay Bay--the casino is disappointing, as is the Luxor, which is also close by. It is very easy to tell the difference in the older casinos and the newer ones. This is definitely "old."

LOCATION: This is the biggest drawback to an otherwise nice stay. The FS is so far away from everything that you are constantly renting a cab. . .it's 3 miles to Bellagio, and 6 miles to Wynn/Encore, which can be a nice walk unless you are dressed for dinner and a show. . .this is also the main reason I would not return to this property.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank lovemypup
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I’ve only vacationed to Las Vegas once, but now that I’ve stayed at the Four Seasons I can honestly proclaim that I will never stay anywhere else but there in future visits! The hotel was immaculate—the design, the casino-free atmosphere, the pampering service…all top-notch. We stayed in a “premier strip-view room” on the 36th floor and the windows were floor to ceiling offering sweeping views of the entire strip. It was simply breathtaking to look at both day and night—the best part about the location of the Four Seasons on the top floors of the Mandalay Bay tower is the fact that it is at the far end of the strip, not the middle, so you can see everything and not just half of the glamorous hotels. Our room was spacious and comfortable for 4 adults.

We also loved the pool area because it was a beautiful, quiet retreat from the rowdy Mandalay Bay wave pool, although we could go over there whenever we wanted if we desired to soak in the party atmosphere at any point. It was awesome that Four Seasons guests had the option to use the Four Seasons pool or Mandalay’s pool, but Mandalay guests had to stay at Mandalay.

Some of the little things that we loved about our stay as we lounged by the pool for 5 days in the hot July sun were the amenities at the pool. Throughout the day, attendants came around and offered us mists of Evian and eucalyptus-infused chilled towels to cool us down, as well as periodic offerings of fresh fruit, cucumbers for our eyes, and popsicles. We also had a pitcher of ice water refilled constantly throughout the afternoon, and there were plenty of servers to take food and drink orders at any time. They had a fabulous menu to order breakfast or lunch at the pool, and they actually brought over a nice tray that fits over the lounge chair so you could eat right there without having to get up! It was so comfortable.

One of our primary reasons for selecting the Four Seasons over other luxury resorts like the Bellagio or the Wynn was the fact that even though those resorts are nice, they are still huge and simply cannot offer the level or personalization or quiet pool area feel that Four Seasons can offer. If you want pampering luxury and personalized attention throughout your stay, I highly recommend that you stay at Four Seasons and then just visit the other top hotels for dinner and shopping each night. We are non-gamblers, so this was another plus for us, but even if you gamble recreationally and you still want top-notch service and luxury, you will not be disappointed in the Four Seasons. I suppose the only reason to stay elsewhere would be if you really need to be steps away from the tables and slots or the non-stop party atmosphere of the other casino hotels. For us, we loved the Four Seasons, and the next time I find myself in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada I will find myself checking in at the Four Seasons without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
12  Thank Love2DineOutNJ
Reviewed March 19, 2009

The Four Seasons in Las Vegas is a heaven away from the terrible crowd - because the For Season doesn't have a Casino directly attached (there is one - but it belongs to the Mandalay Hotel and is accessed through the 1st floor). This means: no long waiting for valet parking, no endless waiting for check in, concierge etc.

The Four Seasons has its own entrance and its own pool but it's on top of the Mandalay Hotel (of which you feel nothing). Just be careful when making the reservation: some rooms have "airport view" (hotel directly located opposite the airport) and are very, very noisy - especially when the fighter aircrafts take off. We got such a room the first night. But after I called the reception we got a free upgrade to a "Strip-View-Room".

The concierge has been very helpful, a "more-than-5-stars-experience": we reserved tickets for LOVE at the Mirage. But picking them up has been a shock: 1 - 1.5 hours waiting! So I canceled and went back to the Four Seasons. At a tip they arranged that the tickets were brought directly to the hotel so we could spend the day for better things than waiting in row. Also the recommended restaurants (Brio...) has been very good, the tours...

Valet Parking had also been great. The car always had been there already when we turned up.

Except the noisy part of the rooms I can't say anything bad about the Four Seasons. In case we go to Las Vegas again certainly we would stay there again.

5  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed March 17, 2009

We toured the other hotels on the strip and went to shows, etc... but just LOVED being able to get away from it all when it came time to rest and go to sleep. The hotel is beautiful and serene. There were NO crowds whatsoever. Check in was a breeze, lots of room at the pool, very comfortable rooms, service was friendly and helpful. The spa is georgeous and one of the best I've been to (and I love going to spas). They also don't charge extra for things like gym use, DVD player, pool use, etc.. Really great place to stay. Only thing to be cautious of is some of the rooms face the airport and you might be bothered by plane traffic if you're a light sleeper (we asked for a room away from the airport and it was very quiet).

2  Thank thezaz
Reviewed March 11, 2009

As a Texas girl visiting the western United States, I never know what type of service I am going to get. There are times that the services can be haughty and lacking in the genuine personalization I am used to getting in my southern state.
The Four Seasons Las Vegas more than exceeded my expectations. The staff was welcoming, and treated me like a person rather than a commodity. My husband and I were visiting Las Vegas for the first time for our 20th wedding anniversary. We arrived to receive a delectable chocolate mouse cake with "Happy Anniversary" beautifully writen on it. We were also going to be picking up a new puppy while visiting the area, and the Four Seasons went above and beyond to lay out a doggy bed, bowls, and treats to wecome our newest family member.
Our first night I also ordered room service by phone from a very cheery attendant. She was also more than helpful with my wine requests. The room service arrived prompty with a smile and a waiter that was also more than helpful with information about the food and wine. After we dined, all I had to do was make a phone call and someone came and picked up the table and dishes. Great service!
As a topper, when we were leaving the hotel I forgot some jewelry on the glass above the sink. I asked the front desk clerk at check out and he quickly called security and within minutes my jewelry was delivered to me in the lobby while I sipped my morning tea.
I will definitely be looking forward to my next stay at the Four Seasons Las Vegas!

2  Thank HLplace