“Absolute Retreat”

Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Jose
“Absolute Retreat”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and I am glad I stayed at Four Seasons. I booked a Superior Room facing mountains and desert as I have been to Vegas several times. The view is still magnificent on my 36th floor room. I arrived before 3 PM and the friendly staff noted my room preferences right away, but he also realized the room initially assigned was not ready at the moment. So he apologized profusely and quickly located another room for me. He also offered me bottled water (from the fridge, not in room temperature) while I wait. After everything is settled, he stepped out from the counter, gave me a quick tour of the hotel, and welcome me to Las Vegas. Talk about great service!

A walk from the main entrance to the elevator took around a minute, and because I requested a room to be away from the elevator, I usually spent 3~4 minutes to get to my room (including time in the elevator). Please keep that in mind if you walk a lot on the Strip.

The Superior Room is bigger than I imaged and the bed is very comfortable/clean. I also love the large desk and sofa (which I appreciate after a long day). Surprisingly, the amenities are from Etro and not L'Occitane. A Keurig coffee machine with three capsules is a nice addition, although it is included in my $25.00 resort fee. In room/public area wireless Internet is very fast and I have no connection issues using my smart phone. Speaking of smart phone, next to Press Lounge, several tables have charging docks so that guests can relax comfortably while charging their gadgets.

The multimedia hub on the television sure is convenient. Also, all TV channels are in HD.

I will post my Verandah mini buffet breakfast experience on Yelp. In summary, great food (less the crowd) and attentive services.

I only experienced one minor issue during my stay (no slippers in room), however it was handled professionally and swiftly.

I am planning to stay here again in summer so that I can enjoy the beach at Mandalay Bay and dine at Charlie Palmer Steak. Thank you for having me!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your complimentary review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled you enjoyed your guest room, the amenities and the service you received from our staff. We look forward to seeing your Verandah review on Yelp and your return to the hotel this summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

During the past 12 years I've stayed numerous times at this Four Seasons. Generally if there is a Four Seasons in a destination, that's where I'll stay. However in Las Vegas there is a lot of competition in the 5 Star hotel business.

The Four Seasons Vegas is a good hotel but it's not a great hotel. And in Vegas there are great 5 star options.

Rooms

After an absence of five or so years I decided to return to the Four Seasons because they had finally renovated the rooms. We reserved a 180 degree Sunrise / Sunset suite. These suites are very large and occupy the corners of the hotel. Very spacious and well appointed.

The renovated rooms "jazzed up" and modernized the typical different-shades-of-beige Four Seasons decor. However the furniture, light fixtures and everything looked and felt cheap. It didn't look nor feel of any quality. The furniture wasn't comfortable.

Room lighting was very poor. It was impossible to read in the living room.

Bathrooms are ordinary and have no wow-factor. Etro bath products are a nice treat.

Overall, the renovated rooms are more modern and loss stodgy than before but are nothing special.

Lobby

Lobby was renovated and it looks awful. Bird cage style chairs amidst an unsightly grouping of furniture off to the side of the front desk. All of it looks cheap. A bar was added to the lobby which looks great and is practical.

Service across the hotel is excellent. From valet, bellmen, front desk to waiters - this hotel has service down to an art. Many of the staff have been there for years and provide very professional service. Faultless service.

Gym and Spa

The hotel spa is small and unassuming but the therapists are very good. It's a not a luxurious spa and has no wow factor. Gym is adequately sized and well appointed with cardio, machines and free weights. There are much nicer spas in Vegas!

Dining

We only had breakfast in the hotel and room service. Breakfast on the weekends is a huge buffet - very ample with lots of high quality selections.

Weekdays the buffet is not available and the a la carte selections were not nearly as impressive.

Service was excellent.

Room service was fine.

Overall this is a solid hotel. It's not exceptional in any way especially by Vegas standards. I prefer the Mandarin Oriental which is newer, fresher, dynamic and has a much better energy. Or the Wynn Tower Suites. Both properties have better decor, superior facilities and a better feel than the Four Seasons Vegas.

Room Tip: Sunrise / Sunset view suites are very large and residential feeling.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darrell S
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas and for your loyalty to the brand. We are sorry your experiences have not exceeded your expectations. We realize there are many hotels from which to choose in Las Vegas. We hope you will reconsider Four Seasons as we would welcome the opportunity to change your perception of the hotel.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Four seasons LV is just 5 floors in Mandalay bay plus a lobby, but of course they will not tell you that when you book.

It is on the strip, but far away from everything, so, a taxi and some wait every time you want to live some life.

There is no good restaurant within a mile. The only one onsite is a $$$$ steakhouse but rated *** on yelp.

So, unless you're a brain dead four season fan, I can't see the point of staying with them. I certainly regretted mine. Yes the front desk, concierge and bell desk are well-staffed, but will they make your trip?

Pick any 5star hotel in the middle of the strip instead, Bellagio, Mandarin Oriental, any one but the artificial four seasons.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Meng Y
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments about our Front Desk, Concierge and Guest Services teams, but we are very sorry to hear your visit to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas did not meet your expectations overall. We hope you will consider visiting again, as we would make every effort to change your perception of the hotel.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Words cannot describe how lovely this hotel is. Within the busy and fast paced city of Vegas, it is a paradise that deserves nothing but praise. We arrived on the 17th December and were told we were one of very guests in the hotel, and we didn't see another guest anywhere until the day we left! As a result of this it was peaceful and relaxing, and the staff did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

The rooms have to be the best I've stayed in, very spacious and comfortable (the beds are out of this world). The bathrooms were beautiful too, although the hairdryer blew up when I was drying my hair, but still no complains as the lovely staff resolved the issue promptly.

The only criticisms is that it is not in the center of the strip so just be prepared to pay for taxis, which were at most just $14 one way.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan H
Thank you so much for your very complimentary review of Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations as well as the excellent service you received by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you for a return visit.
Burbank, California
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Another great stay here. The staff is amazing. From your arrival, you know you will be taken care of and treated

The hotel is such a calm, quiet oasis in Las Vegas. The rooms are fantastic. Their restaurant, Verandah, can be recommended for any meal

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the service you received from our staff and your experience at Verandah. We hope to welcome you back soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Wonderful stay - exceeded my expectations. Dinner was wonderful!! Will return. had minor issues with mechanics of bathroom but could live with. My only issue was cigar smoke in the table game area of the casino.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. As Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas is non-gaming, we assume you are referring to the gaming area at the adjacent Mandalay Bay. We are sorry the cigar smoke at the table games was disruptive, but hope you will return to Four Seasons when you next visit the city.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have spent two nights with my family in this hotel. I booked a sunrise/sunset suite ,with my AMX centurion, which was up graded to a presidential suite "thanks & appreciated". The suite looked nicer than the pics on the website with a magnificent strip view and the airport's runway. The suite has a large setting area, large dining table, a kitchen, one and a half bath, walking closet, and a large bedroom. The hotel doesn't have a casino however you can access the Mandalay bay casino from the C floor. The breakfast buffet is excellent with verity of good quality food to choose from.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family