“It's always in the detail”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Four Seasons is the best hotel on the strip without the noise and bustle of a Casino. That said, and they try hard, it's the detail that matters. Apparently the hotel has had a major refit earlier this year and the rooms are excellent. We ended up in a strip view suite right opposite the elevators which wasn't a problem. The problem was the noise from the Disco on the rooftop of the Mandalay some seven floors above us. Staff were very helpful, offered us another room with inferior views, but claimed no knowledge of the issue. The only other suggested solution was to call security when the problem occurred again!! Not really nice at 2am in the morning. The staff were very apologetic but the problem persisted until the Sunday night when i assume the disco was closed!!

The other frustration was that there was no choice on Mother's Day for breakfast other than the $100 plus brunch. We could have gone out but had already prepaid for breakfast at a much more economical rate.

The wireless internet was very poor for a hotel of this quality.

The pool area is great and the staff are excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid room 35101 until they fix the noise issues although it has great views if you can cope with th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MalcolmP
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. While we appreciate your comments regarding the excellent service you received from our staff, we are sorry that music from Mandalay Bay disrupted your sleep. We understand how frustrating this must have been. We are also sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Internet connection. As we mentioned in our direct message to you, our Hotel Manager, Sunil Narang, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your concerns. He very much appreciates guest feedback and he hopes to hear from you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have stayed at several different hotels in Las Vegas over the years. None of them made us feel as relaxed and catered to as Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas did. We truly felt like valued guests. All of the staff were excellent. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and professional. Our room was clean and inviting. We had a great view of the strip. We did not have any noise from the airport as mentioned by other reviews. In room dining was quick and delicious. The Spa was amazing. Our couples massage was so relaxing. The eucalyptus steam room was an unexpected treat. The pool is clean, quiet, and relaxing. The pool staff were very attentive. We had an amazing stay. Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas is by far the best hotel experience we have ever had in Las Vegas. I am not an easy to please person, and there is not one negative thing I could say about our hotel stay. We look forward to our next visit. We highly recommend Four Seasons Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Strip View is Great!
1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned home from a 3 day 2 night stay at the Four Seasons with my husband & two children. Customer service was excellent! Staff were so nice & helpful. We were given cold water upon arrival. The pool service is unbelievable. They have cold mist spraying out upon the lounge chairs and servers going by with all sorts of treats from frozen peppermint patties to chocolate covered fruits. The food at pool was also great. They served it on trays that you could actually sit in your pool lounge chair and eat. We didn't have a lot of time and didn't get to go over and use the Mandalay pool but enjoyed the peace and quiet at the Four Seasons pool. The Casino has a private entrance that you need your room key to access from Mandalay. We went over there to Starbucks & Slice of Vegas. Slice of Vegas had great pizza. The gym was very nice. There is an attendant who gives out cold water. My husband and I also took a walk up the strip one morning. It was nice to walk outside and see some of the other hotels which look amazing. We all rode the roller coaster at New York hotel. I found a 2 for 1 coupon on line. If you google New York Hotel roller coaster coupon you can pull it up. Also got discount passes for Stratosphere tower and rides on Best of Vegas.com The Mandalay Shark aquarium was really cool. They had real close ups of fish,octopuses, alligator and sharks. Also had a place where you could pet the sting rays and horse shoe crabs. We did the bodies exhibit over at the Luxor which I would not recommend unless you are a med student etc. Kind of creepy! Lastly there is something called the M card? It can be used at 16 hotels and at Mandalay where you can get discounts. We didn't know about it until our last day but might be something you might want to look into.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank disneygirl41
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was recommended to stay at this hotel from a former employer that only stays at a Four Seasons hotel. I must say, I understand why. My husband and I had the most wonderful stay. All staff was most accommodating and catered to our every interest and need. We did indulge in a couples massage and are so happy we did because it was the best massage we had every experienced to date. Also, the in room dining was perfect and available at the hours we preferred. My husband and I typically indulge in luxury hotel stays several times a year and we have been married 20 years now and this is one of my most favorite hotels and experience. We will return and will highly recommend everyone else to do the same. The service is worth the money so spend a little more for the luxurious and amazing stay and you wont regret it.

2  Thank Sherry C
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We are happy to learn you enjoyed the attentive service you received as well as your couples massage at The Spa. We have passed along your sentiments to our staff as a source of inspiration. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the very near future!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am leaving this evening for a weekend getaway for four nights! I had some things shipped to the hotel and the Concierge contacted me to let me know how to pick up my items. I had a special request for my room and I was sent a lovely email telling me that it has all been taken care of! I'm already feeling relaxed! Cannot wait to get on the plane tonight. Thanks Four Seasons!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovetoskibc

We are so happy to hear you have received such attentive service from our staff, even before arrival. We hope you will share your sentiments with us following your visit. We look forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Let's face it...Las Vegas can be very hot,but when staying at Four Seasons..one tends to put all of that trivial stuff away.The moment you are greeted on the front drive with that warm smile from "Captain" Kirk and the other fine staff,all of your worries and stress melt away.I took my wife there for a birthday celebration which included 3 shows(Tony Bennett,Tim Allen and Sir Elton John) and lots of shopping!!! Each time we came back,we were greeted by name as if WE were the only guests there. The staff at this property clearly takes their job seriously and it shows.The hotel had just finished a complete renovation and you could tell that everything was crisp and ready to impress!! Sure there are a lot of hotels to choose from in Las Vegas,but when staying here,Four Seasons is unmatched in recognition,food and just overall personalized service..We will return.

1  Thank BigLouPhilly
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you have stayed at a Four Seasons before, you know what to expect... Superior rooms with superior service. Pretty much all the reviews below agree with this. I'll see if I can't offer a few differentiators that may not be mentioned often below...

1) The restaurant that is adjoined to the hotel (Verandah) is quite good. In fact, you'll see it is one of the top restaurants in Las Vegas, which is no small feat. We had breakfast EVERY MORNING for a week at this restaurant, the food was really good.
2) It can't be overstated how nice it is to NOT have to go through a busy casino lobby, with the cigarette smoke and trashy patrons.
3) They are super pet friendly. We brought our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with us. They have a combined pet weight limit of 25 pounds. Madison got special treats on check-in with her own bed and food bowls and received love from the hotel staff every day. They even have a grass pet relief area complete with waste bin and doggie bags on the property. I was worried that having a dog would prohibit an upgrade, or we would be stuck in pet only rooms (that may smell). I was pleasantly surprised. We were upgraded to a Strip View, and could not detect that dogs had ever been in the room. So many dog owners are completely reckless with their dogs, but our dog was walked no short of four times a day to make sure she had no messes.
4) The privacy note was always respected, and if we had it on the door, they would leave a tag telling us what service we had missed. We also received phone calls letting us know they would complete the service at our convenience (such as turn down).
5) The concierge booked us restaurant reservations ahead of our stay, which was nice.
6) The cost: You will be hard pressed to find many Four Seasons with rooms under $300 a night, so you should take advantage of it when you can.
7) The Amex Fine Hotels package is great. We were upgraded, received ~$85 in credit for dinner at Verandah, and almost $70 a day in breakfast credit. One of the best FHR programs in the city.

The only negatives...
1) On the night before check-out, I asked for the bill to be zeroed out, and to get a copy of the advance bill to look at charges (always a wise move). I noticed that for a 6 day stay, they had charged us for 10 resort fees and associated tax, instead of 6. This is about $30 extra for each day. I called, and they quickly corrected it. They blamed it on an I.T. issue, but I would verify your bill before you leave. They handled it so quickly, I can't really hold it against them.
2) The location isn't spectacular. It is pretty far away from higher end casinos, and the tax cab rides can add up. The house car was only available 1 out of 3 tries. Mandalay Bay is ok, but it would have been much better if they had partnered with a more centrally located upscale casino.

Room Tip: The strip views give you an outstanding straight down the strip view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CarZin

Thank you for your very thorough review of Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We very much value guest feedback and we appreciate your sentiments regarding Verandah, housekeeping and Concierge desk. We are also happy to hear that your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel had a pleasant stay! We apologize for the error with the resort fee billing but we are happy this was rectified quickly by our Front Desk staff. As we mentioned in our direct message to you, should you wish to discuss further, our Director of Rooms, Diego Angarita, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Meanwhile, we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!