“Paradise in Vegas”

Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Victoria, Minnesota, United States
“Paradise in Vegas”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've been to Vegas many times and stayed all over the strip this is my new favorite! I love the fact that it's like a little oasis inside vegas, very quiet, private entrance inside Mandalay Bay, no smoking or gambling! Perfect!

My husband and I went to Vegas for my birthday and wanted to stay somewhere nice so after MUCH reviewing we decided on Four Seasons and were not disappointed! The service is 2nd to none! Nice greeting, got to our room quickly beautiful lobby, it's typical of the four seasons so it's not modern but clean and nice, I would say it could use a bit of a freshen up but none the less very nice. Our room was nice good size with a great view of the strip. It's on the top 4 floors of Mandalay Bay. The BEST part as far as I'm concerned is the pool. You don't have to deal with the party pool over at Mandalay Bay, they treat you like a queen, fresh water, cool towels, spritz! That's worth the extra money in itself!

I was a little disappointed in the complementary car service it was NEVER available and were were there for 3 days so I didn't feel like that was a great perk, but they offered free shoe shine and newspaper every day which is a nice touch! Great food! Really great place to stay in vegas would go again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jada M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was a wonderful stay in Las Vegas.
Apples at the front desk and quiet, well-kept hallways and very clean facilities.
The Verandah restaurant was lovely and the food was delicious - Antonio, the head chef, is a genius!
Earl, Head of Security, is wonderful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ServiceRater_11
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We traveled here for 3 nights in early March, for a Luxury Girls Getaway Weekend - per usual, the Four Seasons exceeded our expectations. Strip-View rooms & being at the top of the Mandalay Bay Tower keeps you close to the Vegas action/shopping/dining meccas, but inside a relaxed & luxurious cocoon at the FS. Rooms have been recently renovated with a high-end hip feel, w/ very comfortable beds. The entire staff is extremely helpful & respectful, w/ a fantastic Concierge Desk. I had one of the best massages of my life at the Spa & enjoyed daily workouts in their beautiful fitness center. Quiet/relaxing pool environment, which is a nice change; you can also enjoy the busier Mandalay Bay pools, if you want more of a typical Vegas pool scene.

Room Tip: Strip-view rooms are fantastic! All rooms are on top 6 floors of the Mandalay Bay Tower & have...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LisaInCA_10
Pasadena, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have now used Four Season for the 4th time as site for national management meeting. Excellent rooms, comfort, and service. Only wish there was access to more dining locations without having to leave the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlexY2012
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We very much appreciate your loyalty. We also hope you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. We wanted to ensure you were aware that Four Seasons guests have charging privileges at all of the restaurants (nearly 20) at the adjacent Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. We hope you will experience some of them during your next visit to the property. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice and quiet. Totally non smoking. A great place to stay when you want to be AT a casino, but you don't want to be IN a casino. The casino floor at Mandalay is just beyond the elevator door. If you don't want the action you just don't press the button for that floor. Quite ingenious. You have all the amenities of Mandalay, but you really don't need them because you also have them inside the Four Seasons. But if you want them they are there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarryNM
Steilacoom, Washington
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staying at the Four Seasons is sampling a lot of luxury. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite for four days and enjoyed every second of it. It was great to avoid the smoke and noise of a casino hotel, but still have the ability to be able to have quick access to one.

The suite was beautiful. The beds were so comfortable and the bathroom perfect. There was every amenity you could imagine. I assume that if it wasn’t there, you could pick up the phone and it would be delivered immediately. After we checked in, Danny, the registration agent, sent up a fruit tray and bottled water to the room which was appreciated. He was friendly and very courteous.

My main reason for writing this review is because of the service, which was, for the most part, impeccable. The staff uses complete discretion. The whole time I never saw a housekeeping cart in the hallway. If I did see a staff member, s/he was friendly, courteous, and full of smiles. I believe it was sincere.

Another great amenity was the use of a car and the driver, Anthony, who was thoroughly professional and had a great sense of humor.

I have never seen such great service in any hotel and in my life and I can’t count how many I have stayed in. As a warning, do avoid the mini-bar. The Four Seasons’ are the same or more expensive than most quality hotels.

One downside I observed. The last day I was there I went to the desk to ask a simple question and one of the registration agents; George, I believe, gave me a curt answer and told me to take a seat.

George is a portentous jerk whose supercilious attitude is very annoying and whose sole job is to make people feel inferior. As I sat in my assigned seat another patron went up to him apparently with a question about the price of his room. He brought his computer with him to show him the rate he was quoted. George insisted he was wrong. The discussion went back and forth while George gave him a condescending smirk during the entire episode. I finally left, because I didn’t want to wait anymore.I only relate this episode because the whole time, the service had been superb. It just takes one bad apple to ruin a great reputation.

I will definitely return to the Four Seasons, if only just to sleep in that great bed.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Whobody
Oregon
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Four Seasons hotel is a nice pocket of paradise on the edge of the strip. If you're looking for some peace and quiet for a special occasion and you don't mind paying more for outstanding service and amenities, this is the place. The rooms are beautiful and my wife was extremely satisfied with the decor, space and view of the strip. While there are several reasons to stay here, we were most impressed with the Four Seasons pool and the Verandah restaurant.

First, the pool...We came to Vegas to escape the grind of our typical week with kids, jobs and a lack of peaceful sleep (one young child). While the Mandalay Bay pool(s) looked tempting, they were also pretty crowded. The Four Season's pool was sheltered from the typical strip craziness and while we love our kids, it was nice to be around mostly other adults who also seemed to be seeking solace with a pina colada in one hand and a book in the other. The pool staff will pamper you with free Evian spritzers, otter pops, frozen treats and impeccable and timely service. For this reason alone, the Four Seasons is really a solid choice.

The Verandah was also very impressive. Definitely spend some time outside--reservations recommended-- and get the breakfast buffet if it works with your schedule. Keep in mind they were only serving the breakfast buffet on the weekend. Everything you read about their breakfast was consistent with our experience--very good. We also wished we had spent more time at the Verandah for happy hour.

The only downside was that when we arrived after 3PM, our room wasn't ready. I had called ahead to ensure they also knew this was our 20-year anniversary, so it was really important to me that everything went smoothly and I was hoping they might leave a card or something special in our room. To the contrary, they didn't have a room ready for us until after 4:15 and we were left to wander the property until then--check in on their website states 3PM. I was also really shocked they didn't upgrade our room, leave some kind of card or offer some kind of compensation after we waited for awhile. When I asked about this during check-in, he just smiled, said "Happy 20th Anniversary" and notified me it would be almost $50 per day for an upgrade. In all fairness, this issues definitely took me off guard considering how outstanding every other aspect of this stay was. If not for this particular issue, I would definitely give this hotel five stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel4motion
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for selecting Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas for your 20th anniversary and for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable visit and that you especially enjoyed the pool and Verandah restaurant. We are sorry to hear that your room was not ready upon arrival. We understand the frustration this may have caused given the special occasion. As we indicated in our direct message to you, our Hotel Manager, Sunil Narang, would like to speak with you further regarding your experience. He values your feedback and hopes to hear from you.