“Decent, quiet, different”

Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent, quiet, different”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Classy, quiet, decent, for a nice romantic weekend in Las Vegas. Located on the top of the Mandalay Bay. It is a bit far from all activities on the Strip, but close enough to enjoy the nite, casinos and shows from the Sin city :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Viajeromundial007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here in 2011, been meaning to write a review and finally got round to it !

My only complaint was whoever was at the front desk seemed flustered / frustrated and did not come across as very welcoming (which doesn't help when you've just stepped off a flight, you're tired and a tad grumpy yourself).

Otherwise the experience was lovely. The hotel is stunning (similar to other Four Seasons). We got upgraded to a room with a Vegas strip view - one of those views you will not get anywhere else in the world (yep all oceans look the same to me)

My husband and I got couples massages - Definitely try the spa - worth every penny!
Quieter than the Bellagio if you're looking for a place to relax rather than party and gamble :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SonyaZephyr
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Strip View as well as your time at The Spa. We are sorry to learn about your check-in experience. This certainly is not reflective of the type of service we aim to provide. As we indicated in our direct message to you, our Director of Rooms, Diego Angarita, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further. He values your feedback and he hopes to hear from you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I like the Four Seasons. I particularly enjoy it in Vegas because it's a real hotel and not a monster casino. It's calm, quite and beautiful. The problem since my last visit may relate to the unionization of hotel employees. Room service breakfasts, three days in a row, were not consistent with the order. Employees seemed to want to defend their actions, rather than please the customer (should I assume that coffee with a tag saying "decaffeinated" is really caffeinated coffee but they put the tags on the wrong way on purpose?). I had meals at the conference we attended. They were marginal, at best. Nowhere near what you typically experience at a Four Seasons. I'm a go along, get along kind of guy ... but I do notice when staff seems irritated by a question or a request (for more coffee) and I'm accustomed to it at other places, but not at a Four Seasons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PositiveEnerG
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the intimacy of our hotel. However, we are sorry to learn that your latest experience did not measure up to those at other Four Seasons. The type of service you describe certainly is not reflective of the level of service we aim to provide our guests. As we shared in our direct message to you, our Hotel Manager, Sunil Narang, would like to speak with you to further discuss your concerns. Sunil values your feedback and looks forward to hearing from you.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The lovely rooms were second only to the exceptional staff. Our experience was wonderful from the moment we stepped out of the taxi. The staff remembered our names every time we came to the desk and were genuinely friendly, courteous and helpful. This was the best hotel I've EVER stayed in. I would visit Las Vegas just to stay at this hotel.

Superior in every way!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret Y
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our organization held their winter board meeting at the Four Season and we were extremely pleased with the location, service, meeting room and banquet set up, and sleeping rooms. As others have commented, this hotel is a quiet, peaceful retreat where guests can choose to stay within this hotel away from the crowds or they can easily jump into the typical Vegas activities. It is nice to have the opportunity to easily move between each setting. This is a hotel that I would recommend for business and/or pleasure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I love staying at the Four Seasons in Vegas! Its great to come back from a night out to a nice and quiet lobby. The pool is also very relaxing, but only a short distance from the Mandalay Bay pool incase you need some extra action!

Room Tip: Get your chairs by the pool early during holidays! The pool fills up fast!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kendra G
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 4, 2013

All of the reviews that talk about how this place is like an oasis from the Vegas chaos are correct. I'd like to add that the rooms are pretty, the beds comfy, and the front desk people friendly. BUT- There is a standard at Four Seasons, which you may have come to expect and will definitely miss at this property. Be forewarned.

Little weird things happened all throughout trip. Here is a sampling of a few of the strange things that we experienced. For instance, (1) the floors in the bathroom are pretty (but very slippery) and so I was pleased to see a non-skid rug in the bathroom. But, then the housekeeper took it away on the 2nd day and it never returned during my visit. She also didn't give us new shampoo and such each day, so we began rationing when we realized we might not get more than one bottle for two of us over the course of four days. (2) It can't be all that unusual to hang your "privacy please" tag during the day, it is? No. It isn't. Trust me (especially in Vegas). But, it IS unusual to have the hotel call and knock when they can't get in the room that is so marked for "privacy." What were they thinking?! (3) We were part of a group meeting with banquet service. Because of some diet restrictions, I was scheduled to have an alternative meal. I quickly learned to just pick at what they were serving others after they took away my plate and after 20 minutes finally emerged with a plate that had a 3 inch square piece of TOFU in the middle and some smears of what I presume was sweet potatoes around it. (I'm not vegetarian... more like a meatatarian... I left the program to go find food that night and made sure to eat before all future meals). (4) I ordered room service for breakfast one day and they brought me a pot with a "decaf" tag hanging from it with milk. I called back because I need "real" coffee and had ordered "real" cream. At first, they said they don't have cream. Why not just honor my request for this not-so-outrageous item instead of automatically telling me "no?" They then sent up another pot of coffee. But, then felt compelled to call me back again just to explain to me that the I was actually wrong because the first pot really was regular coffee, but they just put those decaf tags on their regular coffee... The decaf tag really means regular?! What kind of messed up system is that?

You get the picture. Just lots of little annoyances.

Overall, it seems like these folks are operating under a different set of priorities than you normally see at a Four Seasons. Maybe management has them overly concerned with things that have zero value to a customer and it is causing them to cut corners and skimp in order to meet some sort of elusive productivity metric? No idea. I do hope it is fixed. It was certainly one weird experience there this time around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank pg27101
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We realize you have a myriad of hotel options when visiting Las Vegas and we thank you for selecting ours.

We are very sorry to learn that several errors with Housekeeping and Room Service marred your stay and that you did not feel your experience lived up to that at other Four Seasons. As we indicated in our direct message to you, our Hotel Manager, Sunil Narang, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about the issues you describe. He values your feedback and looks forward to hearing from you.