“Professional but a little lackluster”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto
“Professional but a little lackluster”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Four Seasons is located atop the Mandalay Bay and is certainly among one of the classiest hotels in Las Vegas, but failed to really dazzle me. Here's my overall summary.

Check in - Check in was a little time consuming and seemed to take a while, considering it was not very busy. However, she was very polite and after asking for an upgrade and offering a $20 tip, she did provide me one and returned the tip.

The rooms - The room was very standard and clean, and a good size thanks to our upgrade but was not exceptional in any regard. What really made the room was the view. Make sure to ask for a STRIP VIEW!

The premises - The premises was classy, with marble floors and some shops. Again, nothing really stood out to me and it was pretty quiet with not a lot of activity. Definitely geared to older couples, not people in their 20s.

The Pool - The pool area was quite nice with a very VIP service feel. Attendants were on hand with mist spray bottles, sunscreen and cool cloths. They had pool dining by menu. It was expensive and decent food. Nothing sensational.

The restaurant - The restaurant was decent, but again, nothing that really overwhelmed me. We chose to eat in the outside patio which is called the Verandah and the lighting was very nice. The food was not very pleasing because the seafood pot I ordered was WAY over zested with lemon and all I could really taste was that sour, citrusy flavour. I couldn't even finish it. I thought that was kind of unprofessional for a 5 star chef. My favourite part of the meal was a small cream based soup that was sent out at the beginning of the meal, compliments of the chef.

The spa - Although I didn't have the chance to visit the spa, I did walk in and the attendants there were very kind and helpful and did convince me to buy some Morrocan oil hair products which I liked.

Service - Service at the hotel is definitely the highlight. Everyone is very kind and helpful. the staff were very attentive and brought things that were needed to the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a Strip view! And always ask for an upgrade to a better room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kayla F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
miami
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went on a family vacation for new year's and stayed over at the Four Seasons. We had an amazing view of the strip and the fireworks. the room was huge and recently renovated.
Like other people have said, it is a oasis in the middle of vegas. All the employees, from the valet on up, make sure you are having a great time.
I just found my favorite vegas hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Overall our stay at the Four Seasons was great. We booked the room through American Express fine hotels and resorts and with that received an upgrade and late check out which was terrific. My sole purpose in booking at this hotel was to be away from the hustle and bustle of the strip. It is a gorgeous property, fabulous staff, clean and friendly. We were given a room on the 36th floor and the room was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately there was a noise that seemed to eminate from the front door that sounded like we were in a wind tunnel. The noise changed pitch and frequency and very rarely stopped. I immediately spoke with a woman from the hotel who happened to be exhanging in-room dining menus. She told me she would speak to someone at the front desk. We went to dinner and came back quite late. I was hopeful that it would be rectified but it was not. I called the front desk to tell them about the noise once again. They asked if we wanted it taken care of immediately but it was late and I asked that they come the next day, anytime after 10am. I was assured it would be taken care of. I'm not a picky person or really a complainer but this noise made for a lousy night's sleep. The next day after a long day out, we came back to the room once again hopeful that it would be taken care of. It appeared that nothing was done. No message saying "we tried but couldn't find anything" or "don't know what you are talking about" nothing......By this time we had a nickname for it....."whistling Willie". Another lousy night's sleep. We were only there for two nights so upon checkout when asked how our stay was I had to be honest and say that it is a fabulous hotel, everything was top notch but our room had a definite design flaw that wasn't addressed. The gentleman expressed his apologies and took off the resort fee. I'm a bit ambivilent about that. I don't even know how much the resort fee was but it didn't begin to compensate for two nights with interrupted sleep. As I said at the beginning, the hotel is wonderful, staff is wondeful, comfortable etc.....but this one issue really stank and I wish it had been rectified. Hopefully after my comments to the hotel clerk somebody will take a look because the next people that stay in that room might not be so nice about it.

Room Tip: We were on the 36th floor in 218 and the room sounded like we were in the middle of a hurricane.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Vicki000
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and specifically appreciated your room, our friendly staff and the service. We are sorry to learn that noise from the wind was so disruptive. We understand the importnace of experiencing a great night's sleep when traveling, so we can imagine your frustration. Our Director of Rooms, Diego Angarita, would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay. Diego can be reached at 702.632.5000 or diego.angarita@fourseasons.com. He values your feedback and looks forward to hearing from you.
newport beach
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. By far and a way the most relaxing hotel on the strip. no casino and no smoking are the two qualities that make this a great family hotel. Not only to we all hate the smoke in the other hotels, but it actually makes one of my children feel ill. The service at this hotel is top notch...starting with the valet, to the front desk help, to house keeping.
We were in Vegas to see Ka, and were so happy to have stayed here! Great breakfast at Veranda restaurant - my kids loved the homemade donuts!..we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank babyknewport
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I can't begin to say enough good things about this Four Seasons property. It was phenomenal. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, they could not have been more lovely...we stayed with our three kids and it was so great to be staying in such a lovely room with no casino--not so easy to come by in Vegas. A huge bravo to the restaurant Veranda where we had breakfast and dinner. In addition to the food being truly truly delicious, the service was A+++ as well. The attitude is so lovely and they make you feel very taken care of..I can't wait to stay again and really really loved our visit. What a great way to start the new year!! This is how every hotel should aspire to be!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Hungrymungry22
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Las Vegas Four Seasons for one week at the beginning of October to celebrate a milestone birthday. The stay was our first in a Four Seasons property and it made a great first impression.

Service was excellent, from the door man through front desk and concierge staff. Also, the bar and wait staff at the pool were extremely good.

The location was quite good for us, at the lower end of the strip near the Las Vegas sign and McCarron airport. If you are looking to be in the centre of the action on the strip, this location might not be your best bet, but we found it relaxing to be able to leave the bussle behind when we wanted. Other hotels, casinos, shops and shows were all a short bus or cab ride way.

Although this was our first stay at a Four Seasons property, it definitely won't be our last.

I would also recommend the tour of Hoover dam (longer version) and Red Rock canyon, for those looking to see something beyond the Vegas strip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north provide a good view of the lights and activity on the Las Vegas strip.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rosco1957
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our stay was part of an anniversary trip, which was very nice over all. The room was clean, modern and reasonably sized. We stayed in a premier strip view room which had a lovely view.

We received a yummy chocolate mousse cake, hand made chocolates and a nice card after our arrival.

Check-in was quick and easy. We have fast free wi-fi in the room which is a bonus.

Great service. We loved coming to the peace and quiet of the hotel after a busy day in the crazy life of Vegas. It wasn't crowded or busy there which made it even more appealing.

The only negative is that going to the gym after 9pm requires a security personnel to unlock the door for us, which is really awkward as we have to ring front desk and ask for this every time, and for a fitness center that is open 24 hrs it is a huge inconvenience, but I'm guessing they did it because you have to go through the spa in order to reach fitness center - again bad/awkward access. I wish they had guest card access to the gym without having to go through all this hassle, like the rest of the hotels in this class.

Would we return again? Yes we would. Good sleep, good rest, good service, and nice restaurant (the Verandah) the chef served my husband a yummy appetizer complimentary for our dinner there.

Room Tip: Stay here if you want a calm quiet place on the strip, away from the crazy casino crowds and smoking...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple