“Posh”

Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oakland, California
“Posh”
Reviewed January 9, 2008

The Four Seasons hotel in Las Vegas occupies the last four floors of the Mandalay Bay hotel building. It is very posh, service is excellent but the location... Well, it is at the end of the Strip so most rooms have a view of the airport. Now, the windows are double paned so you cannot hear anything really and I don' t mind looking at airplanes or helicopters taking off or landing but for some folks, that might not be posh enough. Rooms are great, with a huge bathroom, with tub, shower stall, two bathrobes and two pairs of slippers. I recommend it for someone who wants posh and does not mind to be at the end of the Strip. Otherwise, if you want to walk to nearer casinos, choose something in the middle like the Bellagio.

• Liked — Bathroom
  • Disliked — The location and view
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jjlasne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Even though this hotel claims to be pet friendly, do not bring your pets. This was the third time I stayed at the Four Seasons, Las Vegas with my 2 small, 10 pound dogs. The first 2 were exceptional, no complaints. My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary and brought our 2 dogs with us again. We travel with them everywhere and they are basically our kids. Everything was fine until the last night, we went out to a nice dinner at the Wynn and when we returned, 2 1/2 hours later at around 8:30pm, our dogs were missing from our room. They had been kept in a crate and the crate and dogs were missing! There was also a small piece of dog feces on the floor.

I started to panic and my husband immediately called the front desk asking where our dogs were. They said they had been removed b/c they were making noise. I have stayed at many fine hotels and have never had my dogs removed. We asked the manager to deliver the dogs immediately; she came about 20 minutes later with our freaked out little dogs. She was completely incompetent and overly arrogant. She tried to tell us that we were hiding the dogs and that no one knew we had them in the first place. That was completely a lie since when we checked in, we had them with us on leases and the woman at the front desk who greeted us and gave us our room key, pet the dogs. We also had walked them several times through the lobby during the previous 4 days of our stay.

The manager never apologized and told us that someone had complained, which was completely false, since they were asleep in the room and the only time they would bark would be when the maids wanted to clean the room. We had left instructions that we did not want the room cleaned while we were away since it disturbed the dogs, but they apparently really wanted to get into our room.

We were appalled that they left dog feces in the room as well and never cleaned it up. It was a truly horrible experience and ruined our entire anniversary. We spoke to the manager after checking out the next day, he was a young kid in his 20's and he was as useless as the night manager.

I have never been treated so poorly at such a supposed "luxury" hotel.

• Disliked — They Pet Policy and Incompetent Management
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
15 Thank GwenneC
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel and it's the only place I would stay in Vegas. That said, I found the service below par this time. The concierge was not knowledgeable about where to pick up the Deuce bus (a pretty basic question), FedEx packages weren't delivered promptly, requests weren't followed through, etc. At this caliber of hotel, it's the service that distinguishes a property and I felt it was lacking here. The hotel, itself, though, is a treat, despite the long walk from the entrance to the elevators. Top notch beddings, bathroom, etc., as you would expect from Four Seasons. A tip: You can park in the convention center parking lot for free. No need to pay the hotel.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank Daoda2
burbank, CA
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Went there for the weekend of the 28th of Dec got a strip view room for 800 a night for my girlfriends birthday. Unlike any of my other stays at 4 seasons including this one as well at the Aviara, the Beverly Wilshire and Santa Barbara facilities they never even asked if it was a special occasion. The room was ok but sub par for the price but had a strip view. Room service was prompt and the food was good. Here is where it got ugly. Coming back to the Hotel at about 3 a.m. I picked a rose out of the lobby arrangement at which time a young man in his early twenties runs up and say you can’t do that “Man” . I asked to speak to the manager and he claimed he was the night manager. At this point the young man tells me that I have to pay 200 hundred for the flower arrangement since I took one out to which I agreed. Then he summons security and forcefully asks me for my signature for the flowers. Meanwhile the security is harassing my girlfriend for smoking while entering the lobby. After arguing in the lobby for nearly 2 hours this turned out to be the worst stay of my life in any hotel let alone a 4 Seasons property. I asked for Manager to call me when he came in the next day but to no avail. My experience in this hotel was certainly not in accord to what I expected based on the pitch “29 countries One Philosophy” and would certainly not suggest for a romantic getaway at this hotel. Both the Wynn as well as the Skylofts are superior choices while in Vegas. the funniest part was upon checkout when the lady asks my how my stay was and then when I expressed my displeasure she literally had no response.

• Liked — Lack of crowds
  • Disliked — the managers lack of response and rudeness.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
12 Thank f360Spyder
Robinson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 27, 2007

My husband & I spent our anniversary at the 4seasons. We have been going to vegas for over 10yrs-but this was the first time that we were so relaxed at our hotel that we did not want to leave the property. The staff was very attentive especially the pool staff. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable & we had a coffeemaker & refrig in our room. I went to the spa one day which was also very relaxing. On the day of our anniver-the staff of the hotel had a cake for us in our room.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susan c
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed December 27, 2007

WOW, that's all I have to say!

I was in town when the NBA all star game was there and the airport had 6+ hour delay including traffic jam to get to the airport itself. The hotel heard that I had a flight leaving in 3 hours and gave me a complimentary limo ride to a "VIP" part of the airport that only high-rollers and celebrities usually get to use. Bottom line, I made my flight!

Unbelievable service and that's only the beginning. Stay here if you can afford it!!!

• Liked — World Class
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank bstro202
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2007

This was my second stay at the Four Seasons in Las Vegas.

What I liked the most: Extraordinary spa with some of the best therapists anywhere. The hotel is an oasisi of calm in Las Vegas. The service and quality of rooms is top notch.

What I disliked: I had to move to the Embassy Suites for a meeting. I felt like Cinderella.

This is the best hotel in Las Vegas and one of the top hotels in the USA.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Cannot think of a single fault
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business