“A good solid experience, but not a 'wow' experience”

Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Marin County, CA
“A good solid experience, but not a 'wow' experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

First and foremost, it must be said that the service here is excellent. Four Seasons somehow manages to coax the best performance from their staff in all their locations, and this place is no different.

So much of the stay was really quite perfect - food, service, housekeeping, room service, pool service, etc. However, the whole experience was let down but a lackluster (not BAD, just not great) room and facilities.

Four Seasons sets high expectations, and to me the location, room, maintenance level in the room, just were not up to Four Seasons standards. Granted, this is probably one of the most economical FS properties in the network, but still, I can't help but think they could do much more with their brand in Las Vegas.

The rooms are nice, but feel very old-school and traditional. I don't mean the decor, I appreciate the FS approach of luxury decor, but the rooms just aren't up to 2011 expectations for luxury - everything feels like 1990 luxury. Outlets aren't where you want them, internet connections are spotty, bathroom fixtures are showing some wear & tear, etc.

Vegas just moves so fast, for the Four Seasons to remain ahead of the pack, they need to rennovate. Frankly, if I were running FS, I would let my agreement with Manadalay Bay expire, give the rooms & facilities back to Mandalay, and start over at another, newer property. Even a massive rennovation would leave the FS attached to an aging casino property at the remote end of the Strip. My advice, grab some space at a new development center-strip (City Center, etc.) and build something new to modern FS standards and reboot.

Keep your staff at the new location though, they are top-notch! They deserve facilities to match their refined service standards!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were upgraded to a 37th floor strip view room on arrival and boy oh boy was it a stunner! Huuuuge comfortable bed and lovely luxurious bathroom.

If you are lucky enough to be staying on a Sunday you must try the breakfast buffet bonanza, literally anything you can think of for breakfast is there for the picking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oliverocks
westchester county, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

This Four Seasons is truly an oasis in a crazy frenetic city !! You probably could find a spalsher hotel room on the Las Vegas strip BUT you won't find service and elegance anywhere else like this ! it was a peaceful and civilized place to relax - fabulous pool, unprecedented service and professional & friendly staff who always wanted to make everything perfect for us.
The Verandah restaurant also has fabulous food and service, room service was prompt and delicious, and the Spa has excellent technicicans.
Another advantage is the large and competent concierge staff...a shout out to Kimberly who made our stay very special.
My only "grip" is that wireless internet was not included...everyone uses wireless these days...it should be included ....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dh24yaya
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Overall great place as are all four seasons hotels. Rooms are immaculate, food is excellent. It is a great location if you are not heavy into gambling. Also, if you have a car valet is much easier than casino hotels.
Only drawback for me was that service was a little less than I expected at valet and housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank scotto260
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I read a lot of reviews and decided to stay here with my wife and two young daughters. I found out that they only follow through with what they say on their website when you remind them and ask for things. i have stayed at many of the Ritz Carlton chains around the world and thought that Four Seasons was on par with that level of class, service, and follow through. I found out that I was extremely wrong. Since this was my first stay at a Four Seasons, I doubt that I would stay with their chain again unless I was given a deal I could not refuse. I for sure would not go back to this resort considering that you can get far better deals for the $, and get nicer rooms, better service, and a staff that offers what they advertise. I have way too many things to mention that went wrong, but to name a few:

1. Shower leak that I cleaned up after each shower so no one would slip and fall.

2. Lack of communication from staff, and was actually lied to about a couple of things throughout stay. Listen, I have no problem when things go wrong on your end, just admit it and all is good. When you lie to cover up your mistakes, that is a problem.

I just realized I am spending way too much time at a place that people should reconsider going to. I will say that Housekeeping was great. My room was clean and that is a plus.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Wade29
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
We truly appreciate that you have shared your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you had negative experiences with the leaky shower, communication and service issues during your stay. Your experience is certainly not reflective of Four Seasons' standards. Per our direct message to you, our Hotel Manager would like to speak with you directly to discuss this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to making this right.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

What a great hotel in Vegas. This hotel gives you quick access to the craziness that is Vegas while giving you a calm, serene oasis to come back to. As with every Four Seasons hotel the service was top notch and the room was great.

We didnt try charlie palmers but did go to The Verandah. Their breakfast and lunch were great. We went to the spa and enjoyed our services. While the spa services were great the spa was a little small and didn't have the greatest wet area.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank USPnTX
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Four Seasons for these reasons; A. The elevator having a “C” button for the Casino, you get off the elevator, turn left and you’re in the casino, no waiting for the elevator and no crowds. B. The hotel is quiet and serene; I was there over the weekend and hardly saw anyone. C. Room service food was excellent, they tell you exactly what minute your food will be delivered, and they were never late. D. The staff was outstanding, great interaction with Room Service and the Concierge. E. The floor to ceiling windows MADE the room. F. The bath products, the bath products, the bath products. I usually stay at the Bellagio or MGM because of Comps, but I will pay again for my room because I enjoyed staying here so much, it felt like Vegas years ago. The AC worked great, I didn’t hear the helicopters, and I was on the strip side.
The things I mention next would not detour me from staying here again, there was a gap under the hotel door that shines light from the hallway at night, nothing a towel didn’t take care of. There was a blue light shinning from the back of the dresser that lit up the room at night, another towel took care of that problem too. Maid service took one of my un-opened bottles of tequila during a cleaning. Maid service took all my ashtrays during a cleaning, yes there are smoking rooms. I didn’t get a birthday cake, even though it was stated on the reservation, and no staff called us by name in the hallways, LOL. If you have any questions, drop me an email.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends