18,976 results
All reviewsmasquerade toweroff the stripipanema towervoodoo loungeseafood buffetcarnival buffetpenn and tellerhash house a go gofree shuttlerooms are largeshuttle servicetable gamesfloor to ceiling windowsslot machinessports bookcasinovegas
Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Rio's Masquerade Tower in a 2 queen deluxe suite. The hotel room is quite outdated and there is much room for improvement, despite the hotel claiming the rooms have been renovated. There was paint scraped off the bathroom drawers and a piece of the carpet runner that runs along the wall was severely peeled off of the wall with heavy duty staples sticking out. The carpeting was very outdated itself. We took an upgrade thinking we'd have a nicer room but it wasn't worth it. Although the hotel room was clean, they did use some odd smelling cleaning product to clean the rooms that had us sneezing our brains out. The air conditioning was not pulling in much cool air either. We were pretty hot at night, despite us turning the temp all the way down. It was, however, very spacious. We had 2 queen beds, a nice sized coffee table, and a 2 person couch. There was a small refrigerator under the TV stand but no microwave, if that's something you might need. Also, be aware that the showers in the Rio hotel rooms have a funky little window that looks out into the bedroom area or into the shower. The Carnival Worlds Buffet wasn't bad, not the best, but a great variety of food from around the world, hence the name. The hotel is NOT on the strip. That being said, it's also not that far from it either. There are two free shuttles that will take you to either the Harrahs, or Ballys and The Paris, which run until about 1 a.m. They also have a nice but pricey rooftop club/bar. We were able to go see the Penn and Teller show there, which was great. They even had time to meet with the fans afterward. Our stay was overall an average one, nothing too extravagant but also nothing so horrible that we were running for the hills. The rooms in the Masquerade Tower could do with some more modern upgrades though.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank JazzyHid
TotalService, Specialist Matt at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2016

Thank you for the review. While we are pleased you enjoyed yourself in general, we regret any disappointment in the chipped paint and aged carpet in your room. We hope you will consider staying at Rio again on your next visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2016

Stayed from 2/28/2016 to 03/03/2016. Room was well equiped, big square footage, very clean, comfortable bed. Large windows, great views. Room was near elevator to Casino and parking. The buffet was excellent and had lots of delicious food selections. The casino is huge and has a large selection of table games and slot machines. Rio is just one boo k from The Strip. Your Total Rewards player card is good at any Harrah"s or Caesar"s casino, of which there are 8 or 9 in Law Vegas. The room was fairly priced and a great value.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
TotalService, Specialist Sara at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2016

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed our location and found the hotel to be a good value. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2016

I was looking forward to my 5 night/6 day stay at the Rio. Check-in experience was good, with the check-in staff being welcoming. I was given a room in Ipanaema tower, which the hotel staff said was recently renovated in 2011. The first harbinger of what was to come was the walk through the casino to the elevators. The cigarette smoke was so thick that it was like walking through a fog. The air cleaners/handlers/exchange system definitely was not working. I fell bad for the non-smoker guests/employees who have to deal with the second hand smoke. I could see someone getting cancer leading to a lawsuit. I arrived in the room and at first impression it was a nice big room, but went downhill from there. After checking out the room, I noticed what seemed to be blood soaked stained rug on the side of the bed. I'm not talking drops of blood, but it was a stain approximately the size of 1 sq ft. There were other stains on the rug too, but not as bad as the blood. I immediately called the front desk and they said they would send someone to clean it up, which I asked to be moved to another room. The front desk put me on hold for 5 minutes without an update, so I didn't know what was happening with my request. After being on hold, I was told that they can move me to another room and to pick up the keys at the front desk. They could have at least offered to have my keys brought to my room and assistance with my bags, but that didn't even occur. On my way to the new room, I did notice several hall lights were out and a busted elevator signal light. Definitely there is no maintenance or upkeep. I was given a room in the Masquerade tower, which has not been renovated, and did it show! The room looked old and dingy. Carpet stains all over. Carpet was buckling in several places. Couch was big and dirty. No coffee maker. Bathroom came straight from the 90's. Small table. Whenever I used the bathroom sink, there was a gurgling sound coming from the drain. The room just felt dirty and sleazy. Definitely the same as or worse than the room I had in Ipanaema. House cleaning and hotel maintenance definitely has been lacking and sleeping on the job. It was already late (1:30am local time) that I was too tired to deal with hotel staff in getting another room. I got up at 6:00am and decided that I was going to shorten my stay at the Rio from 5 nights to 1 night, checking out as soon as possible. I definitely don't recommend this hotel at all!

Stayed: March 2016
4  Thank Henry S

Thank you for sharing such helpful details about your stay at Rio. We apologize for the disappointment in the condition of your rooms and smokey odors. Our chief goal is to provide our guests with a relaxed and comfortable experience, so it is always disheartening when we are informed otherwise. We truly hope you will keep us in consideration when you make your next visit, as we would take that opportunity to deliver the kind of product and service you expect and deserve.

Reviewed March 8, 2016

like i said in the survey the room i was assigned to was not good. bathtub area was moldy and gross i was lucky enough to take a shower. being a diamond player they could of done a litle better than they did room wise. convention people were in the hotel, they were probably assigned better rooms.

Room Tip: room 1678 needs a remodel job.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
TotalService, Specialist Eleanor at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We are sorry to read of your poor experience with your room assignment. We will be sure to pass along your comments to management for review. We hope you will give us another try on a future visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

will not recommend rio knowing that guest satisfaction is not priority rooms wer comped but didnt tell us that there was a resort fee that isn't but was not told that until we checked out where i come from comped is free

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Kimberly M
TotalService, Specialist Eleanor at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Thanks for your review. We are sorry for that our service failed to meet your expectations during your stay and that you were not aware of the resort fee that was disclosed at booking. We do hope you will give us another try on a future stay.