“Big rooms & not too far from the Strip”

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Ranked #105 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

First time staying off the Strip and it was really good!

The hotel & casino is pretty big with many options for food, drinks and entertainment. They provide a free shuttle to the strip as well as a walkway to the Flamingo - the walk really isn't that far especially considering how much walking you endure in Vegas. The valet parking is right out the front door and the guys run back and forth as they retrieve the vehicles but you can still expect a 10 minute wait give or take depending on how busy it is and unfortunately you can't call ahead for your car you can only pick it up at the pick up window out front. They also provide a shuttle to the airport.

The rooms were clean and a good size - especially considering the low rates they offer during the week. The bed's are comfy and you can expect a desk, couch, chair, tv, mini-bar etc. The water pressure in the shower is a bit disappointing and the bathroom amenities were lacking (soap, lotion, shampoo). The housekeepers were very friendly as were most of the staff we came across.

We'd stay again and recommend it! No complaints, good location, clean rooms, good rates, lots to do, see & eat. Reasonable & fair and not too far from the strip!

Room Tip: Great views of the strip & the mountains just try to get a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MP-Higgins
There are newer reviews for Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I with three of my sisters booked on " Southwest Jackpot Deals " for Las Vegas from Jan. 5th, 2014 to Jan. 8th, 2014. We are all seniors and we were looking forward to bonding together in our mini vacation which turned out to be a nightmare !!

Our vacation deal included air fare round trip with Southwest, hotel , and a rental car. We got to Vegas, got our rental car and proceeded to Rio All-Suite Hotel, checked in, and all was fine.

Since we are all seniors, and the self parking was quite a walk for us, we always have the valet park our rental because it was more convenient for us, obviously. However, the nightmare began on Jan. 7th, when we came out of the hotel, gave the parking stub to the valet attendant , and to our shocking amazement, the valet could NOT FIND THE CAR !! They were running around getting the cars for the other guests and I kept asking where is our car. Finally, I saw that they were not even entertaining us, I asked for the one in charge of valet. He finally came out... his name if Michael Key, Director of Front Services, Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino. He was very apologetic ( of course ) and when they finally found the car, they could NOT FIND THE KEY !!

Our whole morning was wasted because they had to call a locksmith to have another key made. Mr. Key offered us free lunch in the hotel since it was past 12 noon already and he was waiting for the locksmith. He was very embarrassed and apologetic all the time and offered us comps and all that. But I DID NOT ACCEPT any of them except for the lunch that day because we were really hungry and I was so very, very upset with their incompetence !! So, after lunch, we finally were able to go where we wanted to go.

The next day, Jan. 8th, we checked out of the hotel, took my parking stub to the valet attendant and lo and behold, they could NOT FIND THE KEY AGAIN !! This time I really lost my cool ( who would not ? ) because we had a plane to catch !! Finally, after about an hour, they found the key. We were just totally stressed and its a good thing, we especially me did not have a heart attack or worse.

I and my sisters, swear we will never go to Rio All Suite Hotel again. I have never seen such incompetent, disorganize , inefficient , etc. valet service ever !!

The hotel is responsible for ALL their services including their valet parking. So I honestly cannot give them an overall rating because they are below one. Very, very, poor !!

Please warn your clientele about our experience. We do not wish it on anybody !!

A.N.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank A N
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thanks for your feedback on your visit . We were sorry for the impression your visit left you with. We hope you will give us another chance. We are confident that our hotel staff will work diligently to prevent a future recurrence. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on a visit in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just 2 nights stay at Rio and We had so much fun from the Rat Pack show, dinner at Carnival Buffet, drinking and playing our favorite slot machines and the best part is some of singing cocktail waiters and waitress ....they were talented!!!

Room Tip: Samba Suite is colorful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sasamon S
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have stayed at a lot of hotels in Vegas, but none compared to the hospitality of Rio!! The employees were the best. Our bartender put on a little show for us (Cocktail movie style) even though Rio has discontinued that show. The pit bosses accommodated us with a new blackjack table (lowered min at another table) when two chain smokers sat down with us. The dealers and pit bosses joked with us and we had a blast gambling many more hours. And the waiters/bartenders in the American Grill were as good as the food! We stayed at Caesars Palace for 3 nights of our stay and hated it. Our room was nicer at Rio (all suites) and the pit bosses and dealers were not fun at all. We actually took the free shuttle back to Rio to gamble our last night and had a blast again. We will probably stay only at Rio next year.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Rogogirl15
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the Rio because it was where a conference I was attending was being held.

THE GOOD
*Just about every employee I came in contact with was super friendly, almost over the top friendly. I felt like I was at Disneyland. I applaud whatever it is the management is doing there.

*The rooms are bigger than your typical hotel rooms.

*The International Buffet, while pricey, has everything. I tried a lot of it and it was all good.

*The conference rooms are close to everything else, since the gaming area is pretty small compared to your typical on-the-strip hotels.

*Allows pets.

*The shower pressure was very good.

*Room rates are very good...until (see bad)

THE BAD
*Room rates are very good...until you realize there is a $20+ resort fee. I was okay with it since I used the internet everyday and the valet parking is free, but still, it wasn't something that I think about when looking at hotel rates. I hate that so many hotels in tourist areas are doing this now.

*I had to wait on the phone for 3-5 minutes (I timed it) each time I tried to call the hotel operator.

*The room elevators had tiles missing...all the elevators had tiles missing. That's low class.

*I got stuck with a smoking room and I specifically asked for a non-smoking room. Having worked in the hotel industry I know this is unavoidable so I usually stay at hotels that have all non-smoking rooms or I at least try to get to the hotel really early. Neither of those were an option on this trip.

*The posh Burger King in the hotel is a joke. Burgers only, no fires and the condiments are put on right in front of you which pulls the cashier off of order taking to complete the burger. So much for a quick bit to eat,

*There is no fan in the bathroom so the steam builds up if the door is shut.

DEPENDS ON YOUR PREFERENCE

*The rooms are oversized, but they are not suites. A suite by definition is more than one room, so says the dictionary, wikipedia, and common knowledge. I was surprised to find that this "all-suite hotel" was just a hotel with oversized rooms. However, it was nice to have a larger room, even if the rooms lack the amenities of many Las Vagas hotels these days (MP3 players, TV in the bathrooms, etc.)

*Randomly there would be a go-go dancer dancing on a table in the bar or a set of slot machines. The same went for the band that would randomly come out and play. I was at the hotel for three days over a weekend and I could never figure out the timing on these happenings.

*The location is about a block off the Strip. A quick taxi ride can get you to wherever you need on the Strip. At times it was nice being away from all the craziness, other times you want to be right in the middle of it all and wished you weren't isolated.

*Beds are a personal choice. Some like it hard and some soft. I like it somewhere in between, like Goldilocks...just right. The bed I had at the Rio was just about right, maybe a little firm for my taste, but comfortable none-the-less. I was happy with it.

VERDICT
All in all I would definitely stay again, especially if I can get a deal. The hotel is clean, the people are friendly and the food is good.

Room Tip: With a hotel that has smoking and non-smoking rooms your reservation never guarantees you one or the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Curt J
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice big rooms were good value but the internet service was pathetic which for me is a deal breaker. Anyone doing business will find this unacceptable. Smoking in casinos are disgusting as we'll but this I guess this is the law here but you would think they'd get the ventilation system dialled in. The $25 mandatory resort fee added 50% on to the cost of the stay. Don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Surferjoe1, thank you for your feedback on your visit to the Rio. We were sorry for the impression your visit left you with. We have forwarded your comments to Management for their benefit. We hope you will take some comfort in knowing that all customer comments are taken seriously. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on a visit in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Rooms spacious but definitely NOT clean. Started out taking an upgrade that was annoyingly loud due to the nightclub. We were not advised of this potential issue when offered the upgrade. Plus the headboard was on the wall sharing the elevator shaft so every time an elevator moved I heard it. Staff would not move us till the next day, was told to come to desk early, room not ready, come back at 10, gave an extra 30 minutes and was told to come back after 12. Gave them till 4 and still had to fight to move. The room was disgustingly filthy, have pictures, wish I could care share because they claim to be clean....my butt. New room was cleaner and nicer and was a regular suite. This is just the first 24 hrs....now got thru the next couple days with just minor issues (Noisy neighbors but they stopped quickly) the night before ck out, ck'd the room charges and found that the upgrade fees were still being charged, spoke with guest services, had to argue with them & finally same MOD said she would remove the charges, well guess what, she didn't do it so had to go through the entire story again the next morning. 20 minutes later someone finally agreed to get the charges adjusted. Staff not always helpful, slow and rooms are not as clean as they claim. Food and buffet WAY too expensive. Will not return to this location.

Room Tip: Don't go above about the 30th floor in the masquerade tower. Bring your own kcups for the keurig
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise S
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Denise S, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.