“Great room and great staff”

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Ranked #106 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Were only able to stay one night but we enjoyed our time here. The room is huge and clean. The only issues were not enough lights and although they have an in-room coffee maker they charge for the coffee. Staff was great all around. When we couldn't find the right elevator someone came over without asking and helped us. Wait staff on the floor and in the buffet were also great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Traveling to Vegas can be difficult to get the "good value" for hotels. We selected the Rio based on the many glowing reviews on tripadvisor. Our room was OK, but nothing that was overly impressive. The bed wasn't very comfortable, a regular bed that was slightly stiff. Our room was clean and had a good view of the area. Overall, the room provided us a place to sleep and that was the extent of our hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We were sorry to read of your disappointment with your recent stay. We have passed along your comments to our hotel management for improvement. We hope you will give us another try!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night as I was attending a function in the hotel. I paid the extra $10 to stay in the Samba suites and it was worth it. The suite was huge - in a lovely modern colour scheme. The bathroom and vanity area were also massive - unbelievable really and I think it was the best value suite I have had by far in Las Vegas!

The hotel itself is massive and a little confusing - the room location was not immediately obvious and I had to ask a couple of folks where to go but everyone was friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel for value for money, despite it being a little bit off the Strip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed at the Rio for a week before Thanksgiving on business. I prefer to stay there since I am handicapped and use an electric scooter and the all suite rooms are large enough to accomodate my scooter. The price is good and staff pleasant and accomodating; most of the restaurants are excellent. However, it is getting a little worn arond the edges. The mattress was so soft it was uncomfortable and did not fit on its base, hanging off the edge almost 8 inches on some sides. Although our floor was non-smoking we had a smoking group which was staying near us. Since my mobility is limited I stayed on the property for most of my meals. Matoranos, the Italian resraurant was expensive but outstanding, The Carnival breakfast buffet is great however, the lunch and dinners buffets are no longer the top buffets I remember., but certainly fresh and plentiful. The Chinese restaurant was good and very authentic. My biggest disappointment was Buzios Seafood Restaurant, I ordered lobster bisque and the whole lobster plate which came with corn and potatoes. I was looking forward to the meal since I come from an area where lobster is not available. To my dismay the lobster was hard and dried out inside the shell, with little ro no meat inside. The corn looked like it was just as old, dried out and hard. I called the waitresse's attention to it, she said she would inform the chef, but nothing happened. I never did receive my bisque as well. I did not order anything else since I was with a large party of 12 and we had an appointment immediately afterward. When leaving the hostess asked about the meal and I informed her my disappointment and the poor quality of my meal.The hostess did take something off my bill, but I believe it was nt the entire amount. .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary Ann B
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is my first time writing a review, but I often read reviews for the hotels I stay at. Honestly I find the majority of them quit humorous. I visit vegas about 3 or 4 times a year and have my favorite hotels and some never agains, but the Rio is on my list of top 5 favorite hotels. I recently stayed two nights and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was extremely attentive and the cocktail waitress kept us taken care of on drinks. I thought the room we stayed in was so spacious and clean I was very pleased. It has to be said that the housekeeping staff was extremely friendly. Nice job on hiring such pleasent people:) you exceeded our expectations, we visited vegas to celebrate a birthday and our anniversery and we are so happy we chose the Rio. See you this summer we will be back to enjoy your beautiful pool:)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank AV34
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino is an off-strip hotel that is part of the Harrah's chain and Total Rewards Players Club program. The Rio is a great place to visit. The waitstaff is incredibly friendly and during peak hours they have a great drink order system where one person comes around to get your drink order, which is then delivered by another server within 5 to 10 minutes. I think about 15 minutes was the longest I ever waited. What's fun is that in some areas of the casino the servers will actually get up and sing and dance. There is also a live band and dance floor in the evenings that is completely free and you are still able to sit at a bar or slot machine. The only complaint I had was that the thumping of the music of the club at the top of the hotel was so loud that it was difficult to sleep where I was staying (32nd floor), but otherwise, it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from the upstairs Voodoo Lounge as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathon B
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights for a training that was held at the hotel conference rooms. I was actually quite impressed with the conference facilities - spacious meeting rooms with good acoustics, tasty catered lunches that were set up efficiently so there was minimal wait in the buffet line. after the training i enjoyed the Casino in Rio and walked down to strip which is very close. rooms are so spacious.

it was great experience in LV.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business