“Great Place”

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Ranked #107 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Rio has everything a Vegas resort should have. Great rooms, great restaurants and buffets, great games, and great entertainment. The staff here is very friendly and professional. The spa is fantastic. Enjoyed the jacuzzi and steam room. A massage performed expertly by Francette was spectacular. My only criticism about the resort would be that the exterior needs some maintaining and some minimal details in the room could be addressed. That being said this is a great place to stay, eat, relax, and have fun.

Room Tip: Check hoteltonight.com for last minute desls
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike M

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with friends for our wedding and had a very nice experience. The hotel was very reasonable and nice.
When we booked our rooms we were told since we were getting married we possibly could be upgraded to a suite ippn check-in and that a note would be put on our reservation stating this. But ipon check-in the front desk lady was very short with us and told us that this want possible and we would have to stick with our room.
This was fine because the room was very nice and large and we had no complaints.
The actual check in process was very quick
Loved the pools and the gambling. Had a very good time.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MontanaBoomer
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We very much enjoyed ourselves. The room was great. Gaming was fun and the food was excellent. We will return. We are rewards members and receive a ton of benefits. Rio is lots of fun I recommend the Rio to all :) Vicci

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are great
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just checked into the Rio and am beyond annoyed and highly disappointed. I made the reservation August 8th -way in advance for a King, Smoking Room. Although they say that room type/preference is not guaranteed, I called three times and spoke to three different people Ken, Carina and Shana and specifically informed them that I needed a smoking room and was willing to pay extra to insure that it is there when I checked in. Shana assured me I would have a smoking room, that there would be a message on my reservation - the whole deal.. and long and behold.....NO SMOKING ROOM! Valerie checked me in without calling me over -what happened to the 5/10 rule?, without smiling and seemed oh so unenthused to assist my partner and I with checking in. Upon realizing there wasn't a smoking room available she called someone on the phone -I'm assuming to see if there is a smoking room that they could put us in, which I'm sure they had but didn't want to give to us. I asked to speak to a Manager and spoke with Casey who also wasn't as helpful as someone in the hospitality field should be. I asked Casey if the Rio works with relocating guests to accommodate for their lack of a non-smoking room and he informed me that wasn't an option. Oh...and to mention they didn't even have a KING bed in the entire hotel available to us, but the couple right next to us, who arrived after we had been standing there, had one..? Confused. When I went upstairs to check in there was a bag full of soiled towels outside of my door and duct tape holding my window together...pictures attached. I called down to speak to Casey and asked who the General Manager was so I could reach out to him without posting all of this on a public page and his response was "he doesn't deal with Guests." WOW... (speechless) I've worked at 5 star hotels in NYC and would never speak or treat Guests the way me & my partner were treated. Is this really the service of the Rio? I've stayed at the Westin, the Flamingo, Ballys and Golden Nugget all in Las Vegas and have had a much better experience. I'm still in disbelief that my 6 night stay for my girlfriend's birthday has already been ruined. Terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brooks F
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Rachel G, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed at the Rio for the Star Trek convention in August. My first time in the US for several years and overall I was very impressed with the Rio. My room was in the Ipanema Tower (original design, not a refurbished one) and it was enormous with a dining and lounge area as well as a separate bathroom/dressing section, which represented excellent value for the price I had paid. The room was cleaned to a high standard with excellent air con (very welcome with the 40C heat of a Vegas Summer) and blackout curtains. Friends had a room in the Masquerade Tower and this was of equally high standard.

There is a great selection of places to eat within the hotel and a variety of prices. Coming from the UK, I was (again) amazed at the huge portions of food that are served as standard in the US. I soon realised I only needed to order a starter in the restaurants as this would keep me going for most of the day!

The different areas of the hotel are clearly signposted and after a quick orientation it is easy to find your way around, plus they give you a resort map on arrival. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing, although as a wimpy, fair skinned Englishwoman I would have welcomed more shaded areas! Every member of staff I encountered was friendly, courteous and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Yes, there are long queues for check in but the staff work very hard to see to everyone's needs. There were a lot of people using mobility scooters in the hotel, the wide corridors and lack of stairs making access very easy for everyone. After I checked out I had a few hours before my flight home but I was able to leave my luggage at the main entrance free of charge with the very efficient porters. Taxis are readily available from the front entrance and you can be on the Strip within about 15 minutes or so.

Visitors from the UK should be aware that Nevada does not prevent smoking in public areas so the ground floor of the Rio is quite smoky, especially in the bar and casino areas. The convention centre however is a smoke-free environment. The only negative point I have about the Rio is the extra cost of Wifi ($13.95 a day) and even then it only works in your room. This was a nuisance when trying to keep in touch with family during my stay. I would really like to see Wifi throughout the hotel, included in the room price. That said, free Wifi is available in the on site Starbucks.

Overall I would not hesitate to recommend the Rio and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kay O
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent value--especially if you are a Total Rewards Member. Room is huge--all the rooms are suites which include a refrigerator, iron, safe, blow dryer, desk, sofa, etc...location is very convenient..right off the freeway.

Room Tip: Become a Total Rewards member to get the best price.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicki S
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel was great as soon as my husband and I walked in. My first time there. The check-in was hassle free and for just $20, we got an upgrade into this huge 1600 Masquerade suite with 2 bathrooms and a giant living room with dining area. Comfy Bed and sufficient toiletries and a beautiful Jacuzzi are a few of the amenities available.Staff is courteous., Gave it 4 out of 5 stars just because of the Location as it is not on the strip. They have shuttle services to the strip every 30mins. Staying here will definitely be a good experience

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple