“Spacious rooms, comfy beds, very smoky in the casino, pool not so nice....”

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Ranked #106 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our first trip to Vegas, we stayed here due to my husband's pool tournament. I found that the lines at both starbucks, was quite annoying and they don't tell you that you have a keurig coffee maker in the room, so I didn't pack any. You wake up, need a coffee and there is always
a huge line 10 deep. So pack some keurig coffee for sure! Next up was the heat, it is so bloody hot here in July, I mean unbearably so! We headed to the pool and you must reserve a lounge chair right at 9:00 to get the best spots. Near the palm trees for shade is highly recommended. I was in the pool a lot because of the extreme heat, and I looked down at one point and saw several hairs floating! Not so nice!!! The shuttle came in handy, but it was a pain waiting for it to show up! Wish I made it to the local attractions, the dam and such!!!

1  Thank Ktwhit
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Ktwhit, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will take some comfort in knowing that all customer comments are taken seriously. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (16,958)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Rio is my favorite in Vegas. Everyone treats you well and my Casino Host is always looking us to insure we have a great trip. The staff at the resteruants, Housekeeping Security etc are all top notch. The Sao Paulo CAfe has a great and inexpensive breakfast. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank George V
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Budget was not an issue, nor was availability when we booked, as we travelled to Vegas on a Tuesday. I should have known something was up when a 4 Star hotel was going for $33/night!

Check-in toon over two hours from start to finish, and because we were just "passing thru" most of our available fun time was eaten by this process.

Up on one elevator, down on a different, searching a crazed maze of a place that intends for you to get lost. No directions given during check-in, and no floor told to us. We guessed that 4025 was the 40th floor. Wrong!

Afrer all of this wasted time, they assigned us with a pet-urine infested room. All the cushions were turned upside down on the sofa. Cushions were wet and smelled of animal. Carpet was stained and wet.

Sink faucet leaks. No breaks on buffet for hotel renters. All my concerns to manager were resolved slowly or not at all.

Giving us a future free night didn't bring back loss of hours of valuable time wasted.

You are better off paying more for Super 8 or Motel 6, unless decorations mean everything to you.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank RichardxRebecca

RichardxRebecca, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The first thing you'll notice about Rio All-Suite Hotel in Vegas is that the people working there are super friendly. I was there for a conference and had a renovated deluxe suite (not one of the new Samba Suites - those look gorgeous), but it was a nice enough room. Very large, good workspace, fast though not free WiFi. I loved the nice amenities in the bathroom, slept really well there - the bed was really nice - and my room was clean. We ate twice at Carnival World Buffet and it's okay. Medium-priced for today's Vegas, and the food was okay. Nothing to write home about. I did find it really frustrating that I wasn't walking distance to things on the Strip, but the hotel does offer a free shuttle. There's just no set time, it sort of just circles back and forth and you have to be patient. I thought some of the areas in the hotel have become a little tired, but the conference space was nice. Seriously, though, the biggest advantage with staying at Rio (besides the cost of the rooms, which are much lower than on the strip) is having friendly people to interact with on staff. They have to be the friendliest hospitality folks in the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Slaniergraham
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I feel the RIO Hotel should put it on their website that they no longer have the Sky Parade!!!
for awhile, it was only on weekends. as of this spring, it stopped all together. most people think they just stayed on the wrong night. NO. They just don't publicize that it's GONE!
this hotel is off of the strip, so inconvenient to other shows & not really walkable. it does have a shuttle to the strip 2 or 3 times per hour, but the "feel" isn't as fun without the Mardi Gras like party. pool closes in October, so if you want to swim or tan, you'll have to go to Planet Hollywood & show this room key. It's the only outside pool left open in winter belonging to Harrah's or Caesar's. if you're going to pay $18 for resort fee, get more benefits by staying on the strip where you can use the monorail without shuttling first. if you have a car, then stay here with no problem.

2  Thank sambodogs
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have been staying at the Rio for over 10 years now. So many different places to eat. The sports book is wonderful and a nice bar to watch football at. My rooms are always clean and tidy and the maids will get you extra coffee if you ask or leave a note in the room. Several bars to drink your favorite brew and the staff is great. The roof top is a great view of Vegas. Will be the again in two weeks to celebrate my wife's birthday . This is my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I feel at home in this casino,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially being off strip,,,,, it is accessible with other harrahs properties........... I would NOT consider staying at any other casino,,,,,it is always clean,,,, and normally a very helpful and pleasant staff,,,,,,,,,,i have to admit,,,,,,,,,,, I amNOT thrilled with the price of food......but its expensive everywhere in Vegas anymore to eat.....my brunch was in excess of $30.......quality is good,,,,BUT I cant eat $30 worth of food,,,,,,,and i'm really disappointed that most all casinos do not have coffee available in your room anymore,,,,,but all in all,,,,,,, Rio is my vote for BEST casino in Vegas

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business