“Upgraded to a Corner Suite.”

Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Ranked #107 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at the Rio for two nights last week. Paid for a regular room but was upgraded to a Corner Suite in the 6th floor of the older tower. Although the hotel looks old, the room was well appointed and very spacious, it even had a pull-out sofa bed, which I really appreciated. It took a while to get hot water every day, not sure if it was because the room was at the very end of the hallway or not. The bed is not great as other Vegas hotels I've stayed in, but it was fine.

In my experience, the Rio is a great affordable family hotel, and I definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Rio although not on the strip, is a great value for a place to rest your head. It was definitely the nicest room I had ever had and almost the lowest price available anywhere. We spent most of our time on site taking advantage of their buffet meal plan. The drink service on the floor was efficient and getting a cab was easy at the front door. There is a lot of walking, you can't use your points in most stores, and the machines are not loose, but overall we would return here.

Room Tip: We used Bookings.com to get this great value.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Rio, you let me down.

No where else in the world is the saying "to good to be true" more relevant then in Las Vegas. As a Total Rewards member, I was enticed by an amazing offer to stay at the Rio. At first, I was wisely reluctant but after several assurances by a couple of Total Rewards operators that the room I was to be given would be wonderful, I caved in and took the bait.

Silly me.

the first thing you should know - if you are planning to stay at the Rio, DEMAND a room in the Ipanema tower. In my opinion, the Masquerade tower is showing its age and the room quality is hit and miss. Our first room was in the Masquerade tower and it was completely substandard. Actually, it was a dump! Issues included a filthy couch to damaged walls to a grimy shower to mismatching furniture. Awful!! Now, to Rio's credit, when I called the front desk and I STRONGLY demanded a better room, they were very apologetic and accommodating and they moved us to a room in the Ipanema tower. This room was much more to our liking. It felt cleaner and was more tastefully decorated. The furniture still showed some wear but nothing disgusting. It was fine. Had Rio been true to its word and had given us this room initially, the grade would have been higher from "poor" to "average". Sadly, they did not so be aware of the disparity between rooms.

The casino is fairly spacious and not too smokey. We ate at the buffet and it was pretty good. Quite a wide selection of food, most of good quality - for a buffet.
The free shuttle to the Strip was fairly on time but after a few trips back and forth it becomes a bit cumbersome. I would suggest that, if you choose to stay at the Rio for more than a weekend - rent a car. Otherwise, stay on the Strip.
Would I stay there again? If my room was comp'd and guaranteed in the Ipanema tower - yes. If I am a dime out of pocket, I'm staying on the Strip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Rio in Vegas. Our room was excellent, with a great view of the mountains. The staff was very pleasant and very accommodating. Would highly recommend the Rio on your next visit to Vegas. My wife and I were there for our annual convention. The convention rooms were amazing. Great place!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank foody798
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I booked the Rio as a package with Southwest. We were attending a convention at the hotel. Check in was slow, and of course they had no nonsmoking king rooms available. That did not matter because the Queen Non Smoking room stunk anyways. The bathroom was absolutely filthy. I don't think they had cleaned the wallpaper walls in years. The furniture was worn and needs to be replaced. Prior to us going we found out that rooms for the week were available for $25.00. If that is your budget than the Rio is for you. Needless to say we left less than 12 hours later and moved to Caesars. The rooms there were available for less than $100 and were remodeled and very clean. Non Smoking meant Non smoking.
To make things even worse by husband got extremely sick 2 days later. Thought it was food poising turns out the Noravirus. We heard from people on our plane how people this week were severly sick in the hotel. Remember we still had to go to the hotel for the conference. You could not pay us enough to ever stay in the Rio.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Jonisreview
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times and keep going back because (in no particular order): 1)The rooms are big (at least 600 sq. ft.) and include a refrigerator and a safe which we consider requirements, 2) The hotel staff are helpful and accommodating - requests are quickly answered, 3) The gaming staff are very helpful and accommodating - requests related to comps based on gaming history are happily and quickly honored (extra thanks to Gerry Green), 4) Excellent and frequent free shuttles to strip locations.

This is not a new property so don't expect the rooms to be as "glitzy" as some new properties. The number and variety of slot machines is very adequate.

We will stay there again and again.

Room Tip: The way the elevators are positioned, the mechanical noise is not an issue if you stay close to them...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harold A
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Rio was excellent, great large rooms with seating, and my personal favourite was the floor to ceiling windows! I was able to get the night at a really good price through a discount webpage but it was really lovely and WAY work it. The only trouble might be if you are trying to walk to the strip it might be a bit of a trek opposed to other places (I happened to drive there so I had a car and could park closer)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends