Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$134
Aria.com
$179
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$90
$56
$135
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
SignatureMGMGrand
$19
18,086 results
All reviewsmasquerade toweroff the stripipanema towervoodoo loungeseafood buffetcarnival buffetpenn and tellerhash house a go gofree shuttlerooms are largeshuttle servicetable gamesfloor to ceiling windowsslot machinessports bookcasinovegas
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

For starters, know Rio is not on the strip. Hopefully you know this before you book and if this was the only problem, then it's not really a problem.

Check in: be prepared to stand in line to check in for over 30 minutes. This line appears to be like this all the time, not just an isolated incident. Something about this process is broken and makes your stay start off on a very negative note.

The Ac in my room never worked properly despite many requests to fix it.

Day one stay the pipe under my bathroom sink didn't leak but on day two it did. Must have been broken by housekeeping.

Cheapest toilet paper that exists.

No hair conditioner supplied.

Rude banquet staff--openly hostile actually.

No option to pre order room service breakfast the night before.

Kuerig in room but no k cups or cream and sugar. In fact the entire non refrigerated side of the mini bar was empty.

I have long blonde hair. On morning two of my stay I got in the shower and my soap had numerous shorter black hairs stuck in it. How does this happen??? It's like someone with shoulder length black hair used it! Did someone use my shower?!?!

The dishes from my breakfast were still outside my door 12 hours later.

The TV is in an odd location so you can't see it from the bed.

Numerous hallway light sconces are burnt out in my hallway.

I was here for a work conference that was held at the hotel. The "special rate" for attendees was $119/night. Someone from my group decided to attend last minute and booked his room not through the conference and his room rate was only $30 per night.

Bottom line, if all you care about is cheap, you should be able to get that at the Rio. But you get what you pay for. Make sure you don't overpay and keep all your expectations very low and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Brooke S
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This casino is really cool and the free show is exceptional. My family had a great time gambling, watching the free show. The food at the buffett was awesome also. I would definately go back here but the downside of this place is that the hotel is off the strip. My wife and I really like being close to everything without having to take a shuttle or cab.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for a conference in early october. Room was shabby, carpet was torn and worn, furniture was stained and falling apart and the bathroom was moldy and dirty. room had two beds, one was broken. they did replace the broken matress after a few hours. took almost an hour to check in, rarely would anyone answer the phone in the evening when trying to get a wake up call, and we almost missed our flight trying to get someone to help with our bags. (again no one answered the phone). I travel extensively and in my opinion, customer service does not appear to be part of the training here. With so many places to stay in Las Vegas, I will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MikecDallas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went for a family gathering in Las Vegas, and, based on prior experience, chose the Rio for our room. It was a trip/stay full of surprises.
Surprise #1 - Checking in, we were upgraded to a corner suite (because we had stayed there before?). Great room, or, I should say, rooms - seperate living area and bedroom, 2 bathrooms - one was huge with a great two-headed shower. The jetted tub was next to the floor-to-ceiling window facing the strip. Nice!
Surprise #2 - The seafood buffet was open - even mid-week - and it's reportedly the best in Vegas. Can't disagree.
Surprise #3 - The poker room - not really a perk or hotel feature, but I won a small tournament, in the home of the World Series of Poker!
Overall, a very nice stay, comfortable cal king bed, great room with a great view, very nice staff, will definitely stay again next trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: Corner suite, if you can get one!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our Rio stay was a horrible experience. Our wait to check in was 20 minutes. We were offered an upgrade which we didn't take. When we finally got up to our room, we found hair in the sinks and on the counters as well as a 'product' of some sort, showing that the room hadn't been fully cleaned. The in room fridge was luke warm and we couldn't use it to keep anything cold. We had read the reviews, so we knew not to touch anything in the mini-bar unless we wanted to be charged for it. There is a Keurig machine in the room which was handy, and prior to leaving, reviews suggested I bring my own coffee as they charge $8.00 for 3 cups. I gladly packed my own 4 days worth of coffee, however, there was no cream or sugar provided in the room. (not even in the mini-bar) The TV was difficult to operate, and we were charged for EVERYTHING. Local call for our shuttle pick up was $1.25. In room wifi was $13.92 per day, and only worked in 1 corner of the room. We were lucky enough to have 30 degree Celsius weather, yet the pool was closed and we were told that the "pool is seasonal" and that if we wanted to use a pool we should visit another hotel. My husband gambled each night and not once was he approached by a waitress and not once did he get a complimentary drink which we were told to expect any time we gambled at a hotel. The free shuttle to Ballys and Harrahs was never on time and most of the time the shuttle drivers were cranky and the rides weren't pleasant at all.
We know next time that staying on the strip is worth the extra money and Rio will not earn our business again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple