“new years eve”

Koi Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Koi Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 4,893 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Transit: Las Vegas Blvd South @ Harmon Street Las Vegas Monorail Paris Station
Riverside, California
“new years eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

the management so over sold this place it was dangeres. when my wife and i purchesed tickets at the cost of $180.00 we exspected so much more. we were told we would be able to see the fie works on the strip and it was a open bar, this place was not crowded, but packed. you couldnt get to the patio big enought for( 200 had 500 people) ,bar or rest rooms. even the entance and exits packed so we had to shove our way out .greed could have cost someone there life, shame on the management team that alowed that to happen. hope this helps someone not to make the same mistake do not go to the koi.. tickets to vagas 800, room 650, night at the set of towering inferno 180, new years with my wife pricless sorry hunny should have listened

• Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Caracas
“Terrible Place! Stay away!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I was scammed by a Groupon that got me here, in the first place with the fake promise of an open bar till 4am... The bartenders are a bunch of racist idiots with foreigners that wont serve you anything unless you tip them over 5$ each drink... I just got tired of telling front guys about bartenders attitude... Stay away... most staff are very rude... Oh and yes, parties here are like full of males... 3 to 1 the scale... Sucks bad my humble opinion... wont ever come back.

1 Thank ElPanaNacho
Brandon, MB
“Fun Dinner and Great Atmostphere”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Amazing selection of wine and sakes and the food was exceptional. Went with family and we had a blast and the staff was extremely accommodating.

Visited October 2012
Montreal
“disrespect for clients”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just had dinner at Koi tonight. A noisy private event was being held, including a speech, with only curtains separating the event from the regular clients. This was very disruptive to the atmosphere. I asked to speak to the manager before leaving, but was only allowed to speak to the assistant manager, although I wonder if the person who stopped by our table for one second to ask if we were OK might have been the manager. He certainly did not introduce himself, and our first reaction was to say that things were OK, but they were not. I believe customers should have been informed of the private event when reserving. Also, I don't understand why the section with a view on the Strip was closed, as it was the farthest from the private event.The food was OK, but nothing special .The black seared cod did not in any way resemble what I have had elsewhere, but the other 3 persons in our group were satisfied with the quality of their meal

• Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good ambiance, great wait staff, unique drinks, and decent price (for Vegas)”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

RESERVATIONS/LOCATION
Made reservations to eat here on a Thursday night. The restaurant is located inside Planet Hollywood on the Mezzanine level, near the Peep Show Theater entrance. When we arrived, we realized we didn’t really need a reservation as people were walking in and being sat without reservations.
AMBIANCE
Great ambiance in this restaurant - really nice decor and lighting. The tables are unique, as is the seating. We sat near the back of the restaurant, on the “couch tables”, which was very comfy for the bf and I. There is music streaming throughout the restaurant, so this is definitely not a quiet restaurant (but then again, is there anything quiet about Vegas?). If you’re looking for a quieter restaurant or are looking to have a serious conversation with someone, this is not the restaurant for you.
FOOD
I will start this section by saying that I do NOT eat seafood. I’m allergic and haven’t been able to enjoy seafood for a very long time. I looked at the menu for this restaurant prior to making reservations, so I knew to expect a lot of seafood. I was able to find non-seafood items on the menu, such as chicken, steak and tofu dishes.
I ended up ordering the Seared Chicken Breast. The bf ordered sushi rolls. He said the sushi was great, and very fresh. It wasn’t the best sushi he’s had, but it was definitely in the top 5. My chicken dish was delicious. The chicken dish included chicken, asparagus and mashed potatoes. My only complaint is that there was such a small serving of food. I usually have an issue finishing my plates at any restaurants because I think American portions are way too large. However, I was able to finish the chicken dish without an issue, and thought there couldn’ve been more food for the price.
I know, I know what you’re thinking….it’s a seafood restaurant and they don’t specialize in chicken. I understand that, but just thought my portion could have been a bit larger. Considering I’m a petite female without a large appetite, I definitely would not bring my father or brother (who have large appetites) to this restaurant as they would leave starving.
DRINKS
In addition to beer and the usual liquor, Koi has a unique drink menu. Take a look at the drink menu and I’m sure you will find something you like. You will probably pick a drink you never dreamed of drinking before.
WAIT STAFF
Excellent, attentive, quick and friendly wait staff. Being from the NYC area, I am used to a very quick pace, and these guys definitely kept up. The waiters were walking so quickly through the restaurant, it nearly looked like they were running. Despite this however, they were very careful, attentive and friendly. They definitely made us feel like a welcome guest in their home.
PRICE
We ordered Edamame for appetizer, Seared Chicken Breast and 2 Sushi Rolls for dinner, and 2 drinks (with alcohol). Total was approximately $82 before tip. This is a very reasonable price compared to most Vegas restaurants.
CONCLUSION
Overall, a great spot to eat on the Vegas strip. I don’t think I’d go out of my way to eat at this place, but if you are staying at Planet Hollywood or seeing Peep Show, it’s definitely a nice dinner. Good ambiance, great wait staff, unique drinks, and decent price (for Vegas).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Butchie119