Message from TripAdvisor:

“Modern and quiet hotel near the strip”

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We booked a 1 bedroom suite for 2 nights. Got a good rate online. My husband had busienss meetings at Mandalay Bay so we moved there after 2 nights. (Once we moved, we missed the peace & quiet of Palms Place.) We had a corner room with a nice view of the strip and mountains. It was nice to have a quiet space near the strip. The suite had a his & hers shower and separate tub. The washer, dryer and 1/2 bath are hidden so they are not noticeable. The second bath was a nice addition. Nice, well equiped kitchen with dish washer and full size refrigerator. Bed was very comfortable. We didn't take advantage of the shuttle except to go from the airport to the hotel. Loved the fireplace in the living room. We didn't use the spa or eat here. It was our anniversary and the hotel sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and strawberries. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank brcunn
There are newer reviews for Palms Place Hotel and Spa

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Go for the 1 bedroom suite. It has a fireplace, great views, and an oversized tub. Wonderful kitchen as well. It's great to be in the smoke free area. However, you can walk over via the skytube to the casino to gamble, eat, drink and even watch a movie. I love that it's low key and the parking is easy. They have a shuttle to the strip if you want more action.
Hubby and I went again January 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for great views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a business conference that was on the strip. Got a great deal on a one room suite and could not pass it up. Overall, we missed being on the strip but the Palms Place did have a lot to offer. We would stay again only if the price was right. Details:

Check in: Easy. We had requested a strip view and were given one. No significant wait.

Parking: We self-parked and never had any difficulty finding a space in the flat lot (we preferred that as it was a shorter walk). No charge.

Room: Initially we were very impressed. One full bath and one half bath. Full bath was spacious with a large shower, double sinks, separate toilet area. Kitchen with a large refrigerator, microwave, stove top, oven. Dishes and utensils provided. Sitting room directly opened to kitchen with L-shaped couch, large tv, fire place. Bedroom was small but did have separate tv. Two large closets. There was a slightly awkwardly placed soaking tub between the bedroom and the sitting room. The best part of the room was the floor to ceiling windows throughout. Excellent strip view, really, just excellent views!

After the initial "newness" wore off, we started to notice all of the imperfections. One didn't have to look carefully. Carpet tearing and stained. Couch ripping, pillows pilling. Stove top stained. Night stand pulled out from wall. Large electrical panel loose in closet. Strings from a previous party attached to the ceiling. Worst of all- the shower. Poor temperature control due to a loose shower nob, inadequate water pressure, and rust colored build up ALL OVER the rain shower overhead. Gross. We had multiple balconies, but they were locked.

Overall, we slept well in the one bedroom suite. No noise, timely housekeeping, adequate towels. Black out curtians were essential.

Other aspects of the hotel were hit or miss. There is a moving walkway connecting the Palms Place to the main hotel and casino. A bit of a walk but nothing taxing. Restaurant in the Palms Place was average, wonderful view overlooking the pool. Pool itself appeared clean, although the lounge chair pads had multiple cigarette stains on each one. Given the time of year, there weren't a ton of people at the pool, the bar was closed, the cabanas open to all. I imagine it gets quite crowded in the summer, there was minimal space and the chair were tight. Elevators were in ample supply, we rarely felt as if we had to wait or were crowded.

For the 25.00 resort fee you got: access to the pool, internet (which was slow but got the job done consistently), and that's about it. You still have to pay for access to fitness center and the option of faster internet. Not a great deal, certainly other hotels offer better amenities for the resort fee.

We did get a free breakfast with our package. This was essentially the Palms buffet. On Sunday, this meant free champagne, an ample buffet of food, which was a surprise and a good deal. I would recommend the breakfast package if you are able to book it. Allow plenty of time for breakfast as there can be a line.

Check out: we requested a late check out for no fee and were allowed an extra hour, which was adequate. There was no line when we checked out and I was able to place charges on a specific credit card without trouble.

Overall: recommended, with reservations.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KGBnwu
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was actually in Vegas for surgery and the Palms was a great place to rest and recover. It was like having an apartment overlooking the strip. We booked directly through the Palms website and got an amazing rate of $59/night on this great room for a week (free valet parking too). Very cool décor with a full stainless kitchen including two burner stove, compact fridge w/ice maker. Living space featured a really nice sectional sofa and TWO flat screen televisions. Bed was large and really comfortable and the room lighting was unique and stylish. Entire space featured really nice surfaces from the stainless kitchen to the laminate and tile flooring. The bathroom was the best part. It was huge and featured a gigantic 2 person+ bubble tub. The shower had a wand and a rainforest head on the ceiling. Half the bathroom was enclosed by thick frosted glass which let in sunlight from the balcony. Really impressed with the design. We also enjoyed the "sky tube" to which was basically a long hallway to the casino, restaurants and 16 theater iMax. We will definitely stay at Palms Place again!

Room Tip: You can choose between an amazing mountain view on one side or the Vegas strip on the other. Sky Tu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

myself and a friend stayed here during the last week of Feb.
we had a suite each and I was quite impressed, had a great view of the strip.
the concierge (Janet) was really helpful for finding a hire car, the palms has Herz, but they were pricey and really un helpful so with Janet's help we found another cheaper deal too.
The long walk to the casino is a bit of a pain, but other than that we have no complaints, except the sky high resort fee $28 per day, i cant see what you get for this , a paper, internet, that's about your lot.
that would be the only thing putting me of returning, otherwise I have no doubts in recommending this place.

Room Tip: ask for a high room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Jeremy B, Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear dolphinboy1,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Palms Place so much and appreciate you acknowledging Jannet for making your stay enjoyable. The resort fee includes multiple hotel amenities such as WiFi, access to the Cardio Center at Palms and Drift Fitness Center, the shuttle to the strip which drops off at the Forum Shops, USA Today newspaper daily, unlimited local and toll free calls, and the airline boarding pass print station. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at info@palms.com. We look forward to accommodating you upon your next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had a business trip to Las Vegas and booked this hotel as part of a package deal with my flight. I had somewhat high expectations but was left disappointed. I checked in about 11 pm and was told about the $25 Resort Fee. I don't remember seeing anything about this when I booked the room, although admittedly that could have been my oversight. Even if I missed it though, although I understand the "gimmick" in the last few years is to add on the Resort Fee rather than showing a higher room rate, $25.00 is excessive. This was particularly bothersome seeing that I arrived at 11 pm and was leaving at 7 am, but I guess that's not their fault.

When I got to my room, I turned on my computer to check emails and tried logging in to the hotel's Wi-Fi (which is one of the main things the Resort Fee is supposed to cover. No matter what I tried, the log on wouldn't recognize my name and room number. I would have called down to the desk, but it was already late and luckily I had a Mi-Fi with me I could use instead. (This of course just made the Resort Fee worse as I now was not going to use anything that the fee supposedly covered.)

In the morning I got up and headed towards the bathroom when I noticed something in the entry way on the floor (see Garbage photo). I obviously missed this the night before and couldn't tell exactly what it was although it appeared to be a rubber glove filled with garbage or some other material and tied off. (I didn't dare touch it.)

I then proceeded to the shower and turned it on where the water was so hot I couldn't get in. I thought that maybe I just didn't know how to use the dial and tried everything I could but couldn't cool off the water. I put the dial where I thought the "cold" water setting was and let it run. It took about four minutes for the water to finally cool off whereby I could get in the shower.

Out of the shower and thought I'd make a cup of coffee with the supplied coffee maker - which didn't work.

I was ready to head to my meeting and thought I'd check the tv screen for my bill and discovered that the $25 Resort Fee they told me would be charged was now actually $28. (See Resort Fee photo of the tv screen and the slip of paper included with my key informing me of the $25 fee.) $3 difference obviously wasn't going to make a big difference and wasn't worth calling to the desk, but it just added an additional irritant - first paying for an excessive Resort Fee covering items I wasn't going to and also couldn't (internet) use, and then charging me an even more excessive rate than I was informed when I checked in.

Given the added fact that this facility is well off the strip, I need something to entice me to stay here instead of something more convenient and where I get more for my money (or at least what a reasonable person would expect for their money).

Our whole family is scheduled for a three night stay at this same facility in a one bedroom suite in about a month but I'm now giving that serious second thoughts and considering another location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear akstoller,

We are so sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The resort fee does cover an assortment of hotel amenities but is also subject to the 12% tax. We would like to hear more details about your previous stay as well as your upcoming visit in hopes to ensure a better experience so please contact us at info@palms.com.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I spent four nights here on a little get-away trip over Valentine's Day 2014 and we both love, love, loved this hotel. Our studio room was huge and luxurious, and we got a giant balcony with an amazing view of the strip. The bathroom and shower/tub area was amazing, and included a TV. And there were two TVs in the living area...one in front of the sofa, one in front of the bed. And the bed was very comfortable. We both slept like babies every single night. The décor was very modern, and it all felt very fancy and ultra luxurious to us. There was a full kitchen, which we really didn't use at all, but loved having the option. We at twice at the Palm's Casino buffet, once for breakfast, once for lunch, and both times we were blown away by the quality and taste. And by signing up for a Palms Club Card (which is free), we saved $3-$4 per person each time we ate, so it was not only was delicious, but also super affordable. We also loved having the Palm's Casino food court and movie theater right at our fingertips. The Palms Place pool area is amazing, and we spent time out there daily. We had been to Vegas dozens of times before, so didn't mind not being right on the strip (preferred it actually!), but for the day we did make a trip to the strip, the Palm's shuttle was fast, easy, and free. The Palms Place Hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. We had the best time here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and family who want a luxury hotel at a great price in Vegas. We definitely hope to return!

Room Tip: Choose the strip view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tinamcc1234,

Thank you for the review as we love to hear that everything with your trip was so exceptional. Your players card membership has many advantages for savings and uses at many outlets on the Palms Resort campus. For inquiries, please email us info@palms.com. We hope to see you again soon!