Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #80 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago, IL
“I Want to Own One”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

LasVegas is me and my husband's favorite vacation destination. Whenever we go to Vegas we try to stay at a different hotel. I stumbled upon PalmsPlace from a Groupon and was able to upgrade our room from what I purchased from Groupon the suites are very romantic. The only thing I didn't like is that we were unable to go on the balcony. A few bad apples have ruined the balcony access for the bunch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanesha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Escondido, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I guess after staying The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, I had the notion that all suites would be like that one. This is not the case. I did like the fact that Palms Place was away from the strip and there was an Einstein Bros. bagels place within a short walking distance. The hotel is just not as classy as places that I have stayed before (Mandalay Bay). The room was okay but the bathroom was dated and in need of an upgrade although there was lots of marble on the walls and in the shower. I don't think we will stay here again. Another positive is that the king bed was very comfortable. As a non smoker, I felt like I was always smelling and breathing smoke, even in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the strip or perhaps ask to stay in the remodeled area of the Palms Ca...
2 Thank LBelieve
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On first arrival and check in of our room at Palm's place, I admit I was a bit disappointed. The hotel is so dark and while our room was large, it lacked ambience, and I noticed quite a bit of dust on the shelves. We had a room facing the strip, which was great, although we were disappointed not to be able to use the balcony. The bed was comfortable, the kitchenette was useful and the shower was lovely, but the bathroom products weren't nice. After visiting a couple of hotels on the strip, I have to say my view of our hotel became more favourable - I would have hated to be at one of the larger hotels with thousands of people milling through my hotel lobby every day. Palms place has a quieter feel, which I really appreciated. We went to Simon restaurant for dinner one night, and for drinks and sushi another night, and we really liked it - the staff here are brilliant.

Unfortunately there are not enough lifts in this hotel - we waited for over half an hour to get a lift down to reception on the day we checked out (in the end we got a lift all the way up and then down again, as lifts going down were packed). I was also not happy with the $20 dollar resort fee - I've been to many other hotels with wi-fi and a pool and have never had to pay extra for this before.

1 Thank serap
Mittenwald, Germany
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Palms Place for 3 nights from March 23rd to March 27nd 2013 in a 1-bedroom suite. I Cannot recommend this Hotel to other readers for some reasons:
1) Our Suite had a nice balcony facing the strip, good for getting in some fresh air at night and taking pictures. When returning to the room on March 26th, the door to the balcony was closed. The front desk staff wasn't either helpful or friendly on our "problem". We were told that opening the door is only allowed to "premium guests" or people who owhn their own property here. Remember: it was opened the first 2 days. Wow........a balkony which you can't use - that makes really sense to me !! So maybe as a "normal" guest, you can see yourself as a second-class guest.
2) The Hotel charges a resort fee of 20 $ per day. Free internet, pool access and the daily USA Today is included. Would be OK, if the pool area would be worth the 20 bucks, like the MGM Resort. But this pool is disapointing. Small and shady in the afternoon hours. So, in my opinion, the 20 $ are just an additional fee for nothing !
3) Icecubes in the room's fridge were not refilled during our stay. There are no ice machines on the floors.
4) We requested a wake-up-call for the 2nd day at 7:30 am. Our phone rung at 3:30 am !
5) Body Lotion was not replaced
6) The main reason why I rate this property as "poor" and not as "average" was the dirty room. Dust under the table and in the corners. The last REAL room cleaning must have been weeks ago. In the shower, there were hairs from the guests before.
So, if you're looking for a satisfying stay in a good mid-priced off-strip-hotel, I cannot recommed staying at the Palms Place. I recommend staying at Aliante Station (North Las Vegas) or Red Rock (Summerlin). Both also charge a resort fee, but at these locations, it's worth paying it. An outstanding place is also the "M-Resort" in Henderson, easily to get from there to the strip within 15 minutes. They have an awesome pool-area and the rooms are more than nice..........and clean !
Enjoy !

5 Thank NevadaJack
oceanside, ca
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The least favorite part of Vegas is the grimy overused hotel rooms and hallways leading to them. The sleek elegant palms place brings a level of civility to the hotel experience. Quiet, understated, modern and clean, well accommodated rooms and general hotel facilities. Access to casino is easy enough and free parking makes it a dream to come back to every night. Some issues with maintenance in the room, but nothing that wasn't promptly remedied or accommodated for. All in all highly recommend to relax and recharge after enjoying the city sights.

• Stayed March 2013
Minnesota
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived at Palms Place after 11 pm on Friday for a two-night stay. The lobby was crowded with a young, lively and somewhat inebriated crowd who were just heading out for the night! We were helped quickly at registration and did not attempt any bribe, just asked how much an upgrade to a one bedroom suite would be (I had reserved a studio suite for a great rate for both nights). The desk clerk offered us a one bedroom on a low floor for an additional $50 per night. We felt this was very fair, considering it was the weekend, and accepted the additional charge. He gave us room keys to a one bedroom suite on the 8th floor. We proceeded to the room and upon entry immediately realized the room should not be in service. The flat screen TV in the living room was removed from it's pedestal and was on the couch. There were rags and boards scattered around on the floor. We tried to use the phone in the room to contact the front desk but the phone was not in service.

We returned to registration and explained how we had found the room. The desk clerk was very apologetic, but said he did not have another one bedroom suite ready at that time. He asked if we would like our original room or if we were willing to wait until housekeeping had another suite ready. We were obviously very tired at this point, and I was inclined to just take our original room, but my husband and 15 year old son had caught a glimpse of the one-bedroom and thought we should wait for the better room. The clerk offered free drink tickets to the Rojo lounge which we enjoyed in the lobby since our son as a minor could not hang out there. When our wait had exceeded 30 minutes, the desk clerk found us and offered to remove the $20 per night resort fees due to the inconvenience. We were finally assigned a room on the 29th floor.

This corner room was huge, separate bedroom, large living room with fireplace and pull out couch, kitchen with micowave, fridge with freezer, dishwasher, 3 TV's, kind of ridiculous really! I LOVED the bathroom and rainfall shower. We did not even realize there was a half bath off the entry until the second night of our stay. Great space, modern furnishings, but really dark . All in all, this was a good value and I would stay again if the price was right.

The walk to the Palms casino through the "Sky Tube" is not bad at all, but we found taking the outside route from Palms Place to be actually faster. Great food court for our teenager (he loved Earl of Sandwich) and the 14 screen theater was a nice option to have.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1GirlWolfPack
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here with my husband, and my friend also stayed with her husband and 3 year old. The rooms are nice, spacious, modern, and clean. My friend loved the refridgerator and microwave for her son. These are all suites so they don't offer connecting rooms. However, you can ask to be on the same floor if travleing with other people. The palms place hotel tower is extremly dark. The lobby is so dark sometims it's hard to see. There is a tunnel that connects this tower to the main Palms hotel/casino. That is where the shuttle pick-up is also. The shuttle is small and only holds about 10-12 people. It also only goes to the forum shops (which is a good location), and goes every 1/2 hour. However, we waited in line for 15 mintues only to discover it filled up and we'd have to wait another 1/2 hour. We decided to drive instead. The hotel is not far from the strip so a taxi would also work. If you get a room facing the strip, the view is great. You can see the entire strip from the top floors. They have a Sunday brunch that is very tasty, but a little pricey ($39.99 each, $13.00 for kids). Overall the hotel is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top facing the strip.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends