Message from TripAdvisor:

“Swanky and fun”

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #82 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Booked the room through Jetsetter in March, stayed mid-May. We were given a room on the 34th floor with view of the mountains. The room looked just like the photos, it was quiet and everything worked fine. All the employees we encountered were super nice. The pool was too crowed to swim on the weekend but was empty by Monday. Used the spa during the week, it was also empty. Enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant twice. Overall we had a great time.

The package I booked said it included freebies which were at a greater value than the ones I received at check-in. I was so happy to be in Vegas that I didn't make a fuss. Then at check out we had a resort fee that I did not see mentioned anywhere when I booked. The desk clerk said it wasn't new and the fee paid for the coupons I received at check-in. Most hotels have resort fees now but I do think this fee was added after I booked. If you go make sure you get the room and extras you booked before checking in as the front desk seems to be on auto-pilot.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank pepperzoe

Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is off the strip and what our taxi driver described as a "good area to get a massage" so the location is definitely not ideal. The staff at check in were incredibly slow but adequate. The best thing about this hotels are the rooms, which although look a little bit dated are very spacious and comfortable. We had issues with our shower while there and when reported to the front desk they didn't really do anything about it. Also tried to book a grand canyon tour with the concierge but was told it was booked out, we later popped into the Venetian and booked through their desk! Very limited services really. The pool closed early (6pm from memory) but when open was very good. Overall I would say you are better to stay on the Strip.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bfhk
Reviewed May 30, 2011

5 nights from May 15 - 20th in a studio suite on the 53rd floor with strip view. We stayed in the Palms Place back in 2008 when it first opened and had really enjoyed our stay. Decided to return this time because we were travelling with our 4 yr old son and needed a suite with a kitchenette. Our overall experience this time is positive and the level of customer service live up to a 4-diamond property; from front desk, maid service to the pool staffs. The property, however, especially the rooms are showing some wear-&-tear; such as missing tiles on the floor moulding, silicon caulking molded/missing in both the shower & bathtub, stains on carpet, etc... I was also waken up (3am) on a couple of occasions by a "hammering-like" noise coming from the unit above which seems to be on during our entire stay. The noise wasn't so bad, it's more noticeable inside the bathroom but I tend to be more sensitive to abnormal noise. Spoke to the front desk manager about the noise but he reassured there was no renovation in the building during my stay and was offered to move to a different room immedately which was nice, but didn't cause it is too much hazzle.
Upon the last day, we were given a complementry late checkout at 12:30 instead of the 11am despite it was a busy Friday which was very much appreciated when travelling with a younger child. One small hiccup during checkout, however, as we were charged a $13.44 daily resort fee which was never mentioned on the booking or on the hotel's website - explained to the staff and she quickly removed it; seems like the resort fee must be newly introduced.
Overall a good stay, however will stay at other properties on the strip w/ similar setup (suite w/ kitchenette) such as Vdara or Cosmopolitian in our next visit, since "no resort-fee" is not a competitive advantage anymore...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ekkwong
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was an excellent bang for our buck. The rooms are all suites essentially and come with extensive kitchenettes. We had a two room sweet which is a studio connected to a one bedroom. All rooms come with balconies and lots of space. The rooms are decorated in a very modern and luxurious look. Bathrooms are phenomenal! and the one bedroom suite has a tub in the bedroom area... how fun ;) It was very cheap for Vegas and on a weekend at that. It doesn't have a casino so its quieter and thus nicer in my opinion. Service was great as well and very accommodating. My friend and I stayed for our 21st birthday and have both been back several times separately. We even entertained some friends in the room and there was ample space, everyone loved it. The property has gorgeous views of the city as it is slightly off strip.

The only bad thing was that there were some moths in the curtains when we got to the room and in order to get the rooms together we had to wait a bit but it really wasn't all that bad.

Room Tip: Book during the week
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2011

After many years of staying at the Palms on business I returned for a couple of days getaway. The stay might have been OK except for 2 big problems. First upon check in we were told there were no non- smoking rooms available in the main hotel but they would upgrade us to a nicer room in the the new Palms Place. It was are only choice to get the non- smoking room we reserved so we excepted. It turned out to be in another building connected by a tunnel which was about a 1/4 mile walk from the main hotel casino. On a positive note we got a lot of walking in during our 2 day stay. The 2nd issue was that we had to prepay for the first night which is some what normal. When I checked out the bill did not reflect the prepaid night. I was told that it would be credited to my bill before the final charges were billed to my credit card. Needless to say that didn't happen and I was over charged for one night. I have been calling the hotel for 2 weeks now and have no problem getting hold of someone who wants to reserve me a room for another stay but just transfers me into a voice mail box when I request my credit. I have now disputed the charge with my credit card company and am certain they will resolve it. I am posting this review to make people aware of this type of scheme, how often do you think this happens as many people don't check there charges as they assume there correct.
As a long time Kings season ticket holder I have always tried to support the Maloofs but no more. I will let as many people as possible know how they are treating there regulars these days.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Ecurb57
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel about a year ago and unfortunately the last year has not been kind to Palms Place!!

The hotel is still fairly new (only a few years old) and the rooms were designed very well including an in-room kitchen with dishwasher and fridge (blender, coffee maker, utensils, etc.) and modern decor. Its toiletry products are all supplied by Aveda which is fantastic!

However... The place is starting to show some wear and tear that requires maintenance and cleaning that is not being done properly!

- A black hair on the clean white bedsheets
- missing marble tile in the bathroom
- chalking peeling off the wall in the shower
- dirty carpet
- stains on the walls
- ice machine in room didnt work

I called for a comforter and blanket, they brought me only a blanket.

Big glass window near elevators was full of greasy hand prints the ENTIRE stay.. never cleaned.

Obviously the recession is continuing to hit the hotel hard and its clear that they are cutting back on maintenance and cleaning staff to try and keep costs down.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CourtneyWebb
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Loved it!

Such an amazing room for a 4 star suite. I was actually upgraded to this because I prefer a higher up room. It did not disappoint. In fact, it had 2 TVS, a full sofa a queen size bed, a mini kitchenette, a sink and a bath and shower. For what I paid.. it was worth probably 5 times.

I'm not very picky in my hotels but I must say this room felt like royalty considering it was less than some other high end hotels.

Only qualm I have is it is very far from the strip and as a result I did not have the energy to walk the couple of miles.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business