“Old style Vegas - and almost like Italy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
“Old style Vegas - and almost like Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Flamingo location. Why was it almost like Italy? The service, the pace of the meal (slow and easy, exactly as we wanted it to be) and the yummy pasta and veal. $15 corkage for our own bottle, though it looked like their selection might not be too bad. We knew the $100 purchase required by our restaurant.com cert might be pushing it for the 2 of us, but we were ready to relax and enjoy - so we ate A LOT! Calamari Luciana - what a surprise - almost a soup - really flavorful, a tad spicy tomato sauce-perfect for bread dipping, too! Insalata Ortolana - nothing to write home about, but tasty. Homemade cavatelli - fabulous - done just right and with the lightest cream sauce! The Dover Sole - perfectly cooked with a tangy lemon butter caper sauce, Veal Saltimbocca - good, a little extra salty from the prosciutto (ok, we couldn't eat it all - had to save room for dessert!). I'm not a tiramisu fan, but our waiter (the manager?) said he'd made it earlier and we wanted to try it - best I've had in ages - thoroughly soaked lady fingers and mascarpone that was just right, not overly sweet. We'll return - probably every trip!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank a-travelin-foodie

New Bern
“GOOD STOP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

NICE LITLE NOISY DINING EXPERIENCE
good food generous portions sauces were excellent. veges the italian way; overcooked but very tastful.the wait staff were friendly helpful and professional. for the price this is a must stop restaurant

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
“Worth traveling to: great Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We visited the Lucio restaurant on W. Sahara. It's a bit of a drive from the Strip, but parking is abundant and the restaurant was spacious enough and did not have a crowded feel. Our waiter/host was very professional and it was clear that most people in the restaurant were regulars (first name basis, hugs and kisses on departing, etc), always a good sign. We started with antipasto and sauteed calamari, both very good but about what was expected. I think had a tasty Caesar's salad and my brother have very good minestrone soup. The highlight of the meal was a Saltimbocca AllaRomana, a dish I highly recommend! Veal served with fresh sage, prosciutto, cheese and shallots. It was perfectly done, had the flavor of heaven, and completely made the meal and our day! Absolutely wonderful!

I'll go back next time I'm in town and recommend you do, too. By the way, prices are quite fair.

• Visited February 2012
Easton, Maryland
“Another great meal and good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We made a reservation for 4 people for 7:15 PM at the Flamingo road property just to ensure that we could be seated. When we arrived it still appears that this is one of the great undiscovered restaurants in Las Vegas. There were only about 25 people in the restaurant.

We were met by the hostess who was a real gas. A really funny person who made our mealtime very enjoyable. She like the waiter took great pains to ensure that all was going well for the meal. It seemed that they were a little short staffed (one waiter and two bus persons) but we never wanted for any service even after the evening progressed and more people arrived. The waiter was very efficient in dealing with all of the guests and still had time to joke around with us.

The wife and I ordered one Caesar salad and the plate was split for us, as did the other couple we had with us. Two ordered the veal Parmigiana which came with spaghetti. Was cooked to perfection and the tomato sauce was better than I remember from the last time I ate here. One other ordered the eggplant parmigiana and he stated that he really enjoyed the dish. The last guest ordered the sole and she said it was very good.

Desert was again split between the two couples. We had pistachio gelato. Was good but not great. The other couple had the tartufo. Both made comments that it was very good.

On this Friday night they had live entertainment, piano with accompaning vocals. Some was good while I think I would have preferred the "canned" Sinatra era music I heard the first time I went on a Wednesday night. Fit the atmosphere better I believe.

The meal is even more enjoyable as this restaurant location currently takes Restaurant.com coupons.

• Visited February 2012
Las Vegas, NV
“Classic Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

There are 2 locations for Lucio, one on W.Flamingo and one on W.Sahara. The Flamingo location is closer to the strip. Dinner at both is wonderful. Live music at W.Flamingo makes it a great dining experience. Risotto and Sole are my favorites.

• Visited September 2011