“Worst meal regardless of price in years” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bradley Ogden at Caesars Palace - CLOSED

Bradley Ogden at Caesars Palace
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: The Strip
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst meal regardless of price in years”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2005

Had dinner with the wife and a friend at Bradley Ogden on Friday, 11 Feb, 2005. Without a doubt one of the worst meals I've had in a "fine restaurant", ever. Our friend sent the cod back, it was so bad. Her replacement entree was the arctic char, which was ok. The risotto which came with the char was scary bad. It had a zesty orange flavor which did not go with risotto at all. My wife ordered an appetizer as her main course, the seafood medley; it was horrible. It consisted of 5 spoons with a different lump of horrible seafood on each. The raw oyster on one of the spoons just looked bad; I'm originally from Virginia and I've eaten raw oysters my entire life, but that thing was just plain nasty looking. In fairness to the restaurant, none of us were brave enough to try it. But when you've got three oyster eaters who won't touch it, there has to be something wrong, know what I mean?
My main course of pork tenderloin was good, but too small to share with the two ladies. There was something called "garlic foam" on several of the dishes which looked like the spittle from a dying persons mouth. I really don't think the foam tasted that bad, it just isn't even remotely appetizing looking. I can't imagine serving such a thing just to be "creative".
The fois gras was very disapointing. I'm not a food critic, so I don't have any eloquent words to describe it, but none of us at the table liked it and we've all had that dish before at other restaurants and enjoyed it.
The Maytag cheese souffle's were ok, to me, but the two ladies both thought that they were more like muffins than souffle's.
Before anyone slams me as a yokel who doesn't understand fine food, I will say -- to that! I have an adventurous palate and I've eaten fine food all over the world for most of my 46 years, and most of this dinner was plain old bad. ESPECIALLY given the price we paid. Well over $300 for the three of us.
One the plus side, our waiter Gregory was great, and the atmosphere was nice, along with the wine.
The staff all wears these plastic looking gray jackets which have stains all over the place and look like they were taken from a sleeping homeless person. If you must go there, you might want to consider ordering the $150 steak; at least they (probably) can't screw that up!
Although the staff said that it didn't make any difference, Bradley Ogden was NOT at the restaurant that night.
My email address is here if anyone wants to argue any of the points with me....

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
“Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2004

My friends and I happened in on this restaurant since the wait for Nero's was going to be at least an hour. Oh happy circumstance! I must say that I was blown away by the food at this restaurant! A little pricey, but definitely worth the moolah. Our server was knowledgable about the items on the menu and was happy to answer all of our questions. He was also very attentive to our needs just as the staff should be at a higher-scale restaurant. The ambience at Bradley Ogden's is fit for anyone who would like a quiet and romantic evening out...lights dimmed, faint music in the background. My FAVORITE part of the experience, however, was dessert. Each of us at the table received a "sampler" plate of bite-sized desserts, which tasted as wonderful as they were cute. I'm not usually one for dessert, but these tasty morsels were to die for!!

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member