“Fits within expectations...”

St. Tropez Buffet
Ranked #629 of 4,981 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Upscale in everything but price, this buffet features seven unique serving stations - Italian, Mexican, Mongolian, Seafood, BBQ, Chinese and Dessert. Patrons will dine in separated areas to ensure more privacy and a home-like, intimate dining experience.
Reviewed January 19, 2012

While my experience here was less than stellar, I have an overall good impression of the Suncoast Casino, so I'll go easy on this review.

For what it's worth, the St. Tropez Buffet isn't bad. There are enough choices to please most, a very good dessert and gelato station, and service was adequate.

You need to set your expectations accordingly when going to ANY casino buffet in Vegas. Only do the Bellagio, Wynn, and Cosmopolitan (among others) deserve very high standards and expectations of excellence. Other casinos provide buffets for a few key reasons: 1) because it's Vegas, baby, and that's what it's about, 2) the profit margins at most buffets are quite good, and 3) how else can you quickly feed the masses so they can go back to gambling away their money?

A colleague and I visited here late on a Thursday, actually right before closing at 8PM, but everything was still up and running. I tried a little bit of everything from the different ethnic stations and was overall satisfied. I was glad to see that Prime Rib was on the carving station, so I got a slice, and besides being a bit dry was still flavorful and fatty. The pizzas at the Italian station were also quite good. The rotisserie chicken could have been about 10x softer, the fried rice was dried out, and the salmon was hard as a rock. Still, I had plenty of other options.

Just keep your expectations realistic and you won't be disappointed. I know that's a really sad thing to say, but way too many people make the mistake of judging all buffets as being in the same class. This is not true. The St. Tropez Buffet is a no-frills eatery that will pleasantly fill any stomach. Sure it could cook some foods to a better degree, but everything was clean and fresh and regularly changed out. Also keep in mind that I arrived less than an hour before closing. I imagine if you go right at opening, everything will taste a lot better since it will be considerably more fresh.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Ate there on our recent stay with my family for the Sunday Brunch. Lotsa choices and a whole lotta good eating. With the B connected card I beleive the Brunch was 12.99 per and well worth it.