“The Eagles awesome concert at MGM Grand Garden Arena”
Review of MGM Grand Arena

and up
Viator Exclusive: Las Vegas Strip by Limo with Personal Photographer
Ranked #52 of 461 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The best concert ever! The Eagles concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena was one of our all time favorite concerts (and we have been to many concerts). We booked our tickets months in advance, made our hotel reservations, travel arrangements and waited anxiously for our trip to Vegas to see The Eagles. We were not disappointed. Had wonderful seats and sang along to all the songs. Thanks Eagles for entertaining us all these 40+ years.

1  Thank TexasCatBird
There are newer reviews for MGM Grand Arena

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to the Andrea Bocelli show and had a great time.

The entry was fast and friendly
Its sort of an open plan as yu enter and go to your aisles
The usher at the top was super friendly and let me take pictures as long as I stood to one side

I was seated in Section L5, row J and has a wonderful view
Its too far to see the singer's face but the screens made up for it
You're still seated at a slight angle here but its very comfortable
The seat is actually a folding chair as sections this low are on roll-away bleachers - little stiff for sitting on longer than 45 minutes - but worth the angle and view
A little tight so if you need more space, find an aisle seat

I did have the chance to join friends in Section U9, row z and this was not as nice. They say every seat is a good seat, but they forgot about the speaker banks that hang over the stage. From this level and angle, the speakers were ovstructing our view and unfortunately, also obstructing the screens. This interrupted view spoilt the experience. I don't know how this would play for different spots around the arena but seems to me it was worth paying more to be in the lower section.

Sound and video were outstanding.
A bit busy in the upper section with people moving constantly. I got the impression people here were not really into the music and may have received comp tickets

The show itself was okay. He didn't sing a lot of the popular numbers and seemed a little tired. The finale was amazing though and ended on a high note.

1  Thank Dhoom13
Reviewed November 29, 2012

WOW - I've always wanted to see Andrea Bocelli live, and what a treat his gorgeous voice was. The MGM Grand Arena reminded me of our old, now torn down, Market Square Arena in Indy - I wasn't so impressed with the MGM venue or the acoustics. Of course I don't expect Mr. Bocelli will ever come to Indy, but if he did, our new performing arts center in Carmel IN would be the perfect venue. It's smaller and the acoustics are incredible.

Nevertheless, he is so unbelieveably talented, we still enjoyed the show despite the venue. Towards the end of the show and throughout the encores, people were starting to leave, and the stairs were squeaky and loud. It was so disruptive and somewhat ruined a couple of my favorite songs.

3  Thank dede1939
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What an amazing performance by a true world treasure. Andrea Bocelli has an unequalled voice. He had two guest singers who paled next to him. It must be intimidating to perform next to him with his voice being so amazing. He had performed the night before but was still able to do three encores. The arena at MGM had great acoustics. I will definitely see another show there sometime in the future. Andrea Bocelli is a must hear, once in a generation, voice.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

As locals, we go to a lot of concerts, award shows and events. MGM is a great venue, easy access, lots of bars to lube your evening. There are also a bunch of restaurants in the concourse for pre-show dining. Reservations are a MUST as these places are packed every show. We've also found that tickets are always available pre-show. About an hour early, the ticket office releases extra comp tickets from the high rollers...these are great seats at face value. Also, there's always someone whose friends didn't make it to town. They want to unload their extra tickets, often at a huge discount.