“Need your Middle Eastern Fix? This is the spot...”

Hedary's Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #1,250 of 4,850 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Laguna Niguel, California
“Need your Middle Eastern Fix? This is the spot...”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Well, here's another worthwhile addition to my "Vegas Black Book of Off-the-Strip Restaurants."

In South Orange County we have Panini Cafe on Pacific Coast Highway in Corona Del Mar and Aliso Viejo; an excellent "kabob" stop. (see my review) And now, in my opinion, I've discovered another reliable vendor, one that many locals in West Vegas already know.

Hedary's is a Middle Eastern restaurant that's faithful to its advertised cuisine. And trust me on this one... as an example, if you're looking for a delicious chicken shish kaboob, at an incredibly reasonable price, then you will definitely be impressed and satisfied here. The chicken is well seasoned, and has a great grilled flavor. Somehow, they impart that charcoal grilled flavor, while using what I believe is a gas grill. For about $14, you get three large skewers of really big chicken chunks, along with sweet grilled onions, red bell peppers and large whole mushrooms. Add a great bed of flavorful browned rice, plus added veggies, and you have enough food for two.

Without knowing how huge the servings were at Hedary's, we ordered the Mezza, which is twelve dishes of vegetarian appetizer items; ($24). It's enough to easily feed two, if not three or four, (including falafel, stuffed grape leaves, hummus, prep'd yogurt, various veggies pickled and prepared, and more). Of the two chicken shish kabob entrees we ordered, we could only eat half of the first. We ended up taking much of the mezza, and nearly all of the kabob overage home in an iced cooler. (I was in town on business, and put the overage in our cooler for the trip home the next morning.)

If you want to try a proven "off the strip" restaurant, and you love Mediterranean/Middle Eastern, then you definitely should do Hedary's.

• Visited October 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“Everytime in Vegas.....”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have to stop in to Hedary's Mediterranean. Love the food and the service can not be beat.

Visited March 2012
Nevada
“No way to run a restaurant”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I wish I could say something about the food. Or the service as we ate. Or the interior of the restaurant beyond the front door. But for the reason explained below I cannot.

We (DH & I) are locals who have been searching for a decent Middle Eastern restaurant in the area. Although Hedary's means a bit of drive we decided to go based on the reviews of the place. We called to make sure they were open for lunch that day as apparently Hedary's sometimes is closed when it is scheduled to be open.

As soon as we walked in 2 of the waitresses on duty told us a "big order" had been placed and they couldn't serve anyone at the moment and to come back in an hour.

No. No. No. I understand this is a business and can operate however it sees fit. But turning away customers due to a "big order" is no way to run a restaurant. A big order or a big party can happen to ANY restaurant. A restaurant worth anything knows how to manage such orders/parties without telling other customers to leave.

If this is what passes for service at Hedary's, I am grateful we didn't get the chance to eat there.

Next time we want Middle Eastern food and we happen to be on that side of town and Hedary's is really "open", we will still take our money elsewhere.

• Visited March 2011
5 Thank UnknownTraveler7
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good lamb and the hummus and bread is delicious, friendly service outdoor seating”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lake Country, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Based on some local "editor's picks" we chose this place for a take out lunch while passing through Vegas. We were pleased with our choice and found the food freshly prepared and delicious. We had hommous & pita, the house special baked chicken with potatoes, tomoatoes and garlic and baklava. We really liked the hommous and pita. The chicken was very flavourful, it did have a lot of olive oil (with tons of flavour and seasonings from the chicken & tomatoes) - but it was great to dip the pita in. We found the baklava too doughy and soft, and lacked depth of flavour. The staff were polite and friendly.