“Best Pho in town, I just love the tang!”
Review of Pho Kim Long II

Pho Kim Long II
Ranked #461 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have tried many, but this one, right of the strip is as winner. Location is silly close for a tourist, in the middle of town for a local. Service is fast, food is balanced. Vietnamese all the way, with DECOR in the dinning room, imagine that, they cared enough to create atmosphere. Thats the first thing I noticed, then the food is stellar. My favorites. #13 Combo Pho and I add meatball to it, or Singapore noodles. If you want a spring roll, fresh not fried dipped in the killer peanut sauce , go for it, its a winner winner spring roll dinner.....mmmm....5 star to me and CHEAP! Local vegas victory! Thanks Vegas for all the good eats....now go! I mean it, GO!

There are newer reviews for Pho Kim Long II

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Went to PKL when in town visiting relatives, and needing a Vietnamese pho-ix. Ordered the garden rolls (the non-fried spring rolls, for those who are not familiar) and standard pho with beef. The garden rolls were among the best I have had anywhere, with really terrific wrappers and good-quality fillings. The pho was above average (we are spoiled by good pho on the east coast), with good broth and fresh ingredients, as it should be. Service was not friendly, but very efficient for a busy restaurant, and they did not try to rush us out the door when we were finished. Overall an unexpectedly good experience. Those who are complaining about the 17.5% mandatory gratuity - you should be tipping that much anyway, assuming the service is okay.

And my contribution to the urban myth universe: the name of the restaurant suggests that the site may at one time have been the home of a brothel, which would be the best joke in the history of Vietnamese restaurants.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

- This is the first time EVER I have seen a restaurant that included service charges of 17.5% with a party of 5. Typically, it would be 8 or more and yes, I did check other restaurants in the casino hotels along with 5 stars restautants. They all have party of 8 or more before this fee is included in the bill. I believe this is just another way for the owner to make extra money.

- For a restaurant with the "Pho" in the name, one would think it is the best dish on the menu, but it is NOT! The flavor of the broth was terrible. Why? There was no flavor, it was bland. I feel sorry for those who said it was the best Pho in town. It could be they never had the best in town. Even my kids thought it was below average at best. Also, authentic Pho has no shrimp!!!
- With that said, the vermicelli with egg rolls and grilled beef dish was quite good!!! The beef was marinated just right, not over cooked, not sweet and the veggies were fresh and full of flavor.
- The restaurant was clean, well staff, big, nice decor. The Xmas decoration was nice until they got to the huge wall. Either they were tired when they got to the huge wall or did not know what to do, it ended up being a big mess. The garlands were everywhere, lights were everywhere, we could not quite figure out what it was. I say to stick with "less is more". The Xmas tree was good enough.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really love coming here when we come to Vegas. It had been a little over year since our last trip, but we make it an effort to stop by. We were pleased with the remodel and the service has definitely improved!

1  Thank happee888
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently went to Vegas on a girls trip. Some of my girlfriends had dined at Pho Kim Long and insisted we returned. It is off the strip in Chinatown but well worth the cab ride!!

AMAZING!!!! I LOVE Thai food, but had never had Vietnamese but found it very similair. I had a beef soup that was alot like Tom Yum soup. They also have rooster sauce on the table that you could add to the soup to spice it up. Everyone LOVED everything they ordered. We actually came back the next day to do it all over again.

One tip- call a cab about 15 minutes before you want to leave.