1,511 results
All reviewsconvention centeroff the stripfree shuttleparadise roadmonorail stationkitchen arearooms are hugefridgevegaslasslots
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I've stayed here two or three times recently when attending events at the Convention Center and I'll do it again.

Plus points:

WALKING DISTANCE (yup, that's so important I'm shouting) to the Convention Center!!!

Very spacious rooms - when in Vegas I spend a lot of time working at the laptop in my room, and at the Mardi Gras I've never felt crowded.

Functional Wi-Fi.

The cafe is good value (great burgers) though the menu is limited.

There's a nice sun deck and the pool looks fine, though I've never got round to a swim myself.

Great (expensive) restaurant at the Renaissance next door, plus a few good options if you turn left out of the Mardi Gras and then left again at the next major intersection two or three blocks away - in this residential neighbourhood is a fine Indian restaurant, for example.

Rooms have a refrigerator and a breakfast bar that doubles as a very ample workspace.

Minus points:

If, like me, you'll be in the room a lot, be sure to ask for one that gets some natural light - a few are permanently overshadowed by walkways.

To get into the hotel you need to walk through a very depressing area of slots that somehow captures all the despair of Vegas with none of the fun...

Heating/air conditioning a little unreliable.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Like a neighborhood smal friendly casino. Food was good! Free b'feast. Have stayed the may time . Great value for very good rate!

Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We booked online and got it really cheap. The rooms are huge and the service was awesome. Would stay at again. Also if you stay there be sure to check out the breakfast bar. It has the works, sausage, gravey......everything.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2010

we would recomend this hotel to anyone ,we stayed for three weeks and didnt want to come home ,we were made to feel welcome, the hospitaliy was 10/10, my brother is disabled and nothing was two much trouble, the reception was very friendly, the bar welcomed us like old freinds and was trying to teach us american football as our stay coinsided with the start of the season,we used the monarail all the time and was it allways on time and it was a short walk away.The rooms were very comfortable and and air conditioned in fact we had to turn it off sometimes as it was quite chilly,they were very clean and very roomy and it was nice to get away from the strip as it was noisy 24/7.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mickeyandpenny
Reviewed January 26, 2010

This is an old hotel that is practical for convention center visitors because its almost right next door to the Las Vegas convention center. Its possible to get good room rates too. One advantage of these older Vegas rooms is that they tend to be large inside. Lots of space to spread out. My room had a bedroom area with a good sized closet, a living room area w/ couch and coffee table, and a kitchen area. The kitchen area had a sink, fridge, and lots of counter space. It should have had some stools for the counter but NOPE. Even though the architectural details in the room remind you of how old it is, some things were upgraded. The bathroom was nicely redone with a clean new shower, sink, etc. The bed included a new Serta mattress. Very comfortable. The furniture, TV, couch, etc were all old stuff. My two biggest complaints were (1) The TV picture was really poor... lots of static even though its cable TV. It was nearly unwatchable. (2) The room safe was not working. When I went to the front desk to tell them my safe was not working, they just picked up a piece of paper and looked at a list of room numbers that had bad safes and said, "Yep, your room has a bad safe". They did not offer to fix it or replace it or move me to a room with a working safe. So I don't recommend this place for a vacation where you spend much time in the room but if you need a good sized, affordable room near the convention center place, this is your best bet.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business