“More than a bargain”

Ranked #134 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Antigua
“More than a bargain”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you are going to an event at the Convention Centre in Vegas then your bargain best is Mardi Gras, two block away. I arrived in the early morning from a long flight to a warm welcome, a good "suite" and made it home for 8 days. Restaurant fare was good each time and my room was thoroughly cleaned every day by an excellent housekeeping team. Its also close to a lot of attractions and services as well as shopping. Go for it and save yourself a lot of money and energy.

1 Thank Julian R
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed our location, large rooms and restaurant. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Las Vegas Area...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Very spacious rooms, reasonable rates, great location near monorail station, convention center, and the strip. Has their own shuttle on the hour every hour. Could improve on their guest services a bit by accommodating early checkins especially if you are coming in on a long early flight from the east coast and be more organized in servicing the rooms. I kept having to ask and one day received no service. They say they will send someone to fix the computer in the lobby or bring you something you need and do not.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tpaitalian
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that enjoyed your stay with us and Do Apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to check in early. We appreciate your business and do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas area that you will choose to stay with us again.
Camarillo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

New logo, maybe new owners who are not putting any money into it??? Ice machine has been non-functioning for 2 years ( an anonymous good source). Had to go to the bar to get any ice.
Housekeeping never vacuumed the whole week we were there. The couch was so broken down I could not sit on it comfortably. No desk, so in order to use my laptop I was in a terrible position in a chair. Internet only worked about 25% of the time. Same story every time we called, "trouble connecting" Or internet was down or crashed. I don't think they have the capacity for everyone to be on it at once. Need to upgrade their system. Bed not very comfy either. I really hated to go back to the room, no place to sit comfortably. Requested they trade out the couch; but got nowhere. The tub is quite slippery and no handle bars to hold onto. Requested one of those rubber pads, but got nowhere. If we got bathmats they were thread bare. The message light was blinking on the phone, tried to call to get messages; but the directions on the phone were incorrect and no one ever told us about them on check in, had to call down. When I finally got the messages they were nothing but 3 calls at 6am and we were in the room so no idea what the blinking light meant. The faucet in the sink in the kitchen area was not attached, moved around when we turned it on or off. The fan in the bathroom is so loud you can not have any kind of conversation. I have stayed at this place numerous times over the last 10 years and would have given it a higher rating than this until this visit. The rooms are nice and roomy and the flat screen tv is great; but when you cannot be comfortable, the good things just don't matter any longer. Will not be staying again, during the trade show the rate was $135 so no real bargain. Walking distance to the convention center.

1 Thank dtreid
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi and guest rooms and do hope that youwill choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Las Vegas and give us another chance to ensure a comfortable stay.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I travel to Las Vegas about 6 times a year or more for events and boy it is hard work. The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino is a nice place where my colleagues and I can unwind after the events. The staff is always very friendly and helpful when we check in or need anything. The rooms are very comfortable for our stays, the bed is nice and comfy and by the end of the day I love coming back to my room. I never used the pool but it was sparkling and clean when I saw it. The location is ideal, it is minutes away from the strip if you are coming for the Las Vegas experience. It is also .4 mile away from FireFly a Tapas Bar and Grill our favorite place to eat and drink when we are in town.

The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino has improved on many things, one is they just redid their menu to their restaurant which is right across from the front desk and it is yummy! Bon Temps has awesome steak and a chef that really knows what he's doing. I've eaten Breakfast and Dinner here and every time it was amazing. My favorite part is the bar. The bartenders are out of this world friendly and generous! I didn't use the slot machines but they have plenty of them for you gamblers out there!

All and all I feel very safe and comfortable here and I will definitely be back whenever I come to down, for business or for pleasure. Thanks Mardi Gras!

2 Thank Kristen B
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our new Menu very appealing. We are looking forward to your next visit..
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have never been to Vegas and stayed off the Strip before, and I have to say with being a work trip it was perfect. The service was great from the time I walked in, until I checked out. Some how I scored a great room with a pool view. in which the grounds were very well kept and the water looked so refreshing. Didn't really notice a lot of outside noise, nor odors of cigarettes from my room, which for me is the most important thing. Transportation was easy and only minutes away from the strip. Have a another trip in May and rooms are booked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Sara L
Thank You for your recent review of your stay here at the Mardi Gras. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to your next visit with us..
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The Mardi Gras was a great place to stay! Parking right by my room was greatly appreciated. The staff is really friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The new menu is really tasty while really reasonable. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner multiple times during the week we were there. The grounds are a pleasure to relax in. Didn't use the pool but looks pretty. Being there for a long week, we appreciated all the amenities in the room like the coffee pot and fridge. The room was surprisingly large and comfortable. I feel really comfortable here and plan to stay again in may when I return to Vegas.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve K
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and Thank You for your review. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
California
Reviewed April 8, 2014

There for a week during CES. Great location for being with in walking distance to the convention center. Extra large rooms with plenty of computer work space. the hotel is in walking distance to the monorail.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ElderCare
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank You for your comments about your stay with us. We are very happy that you like our location to the Convention Center and the size of our rooms. We look forward to your next visit.