“A tip if you're staying in Vegas”

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
Ranked #145 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you're going to Las Vegas and price shopping accommodations, here is a Tip: Hotels on the strip (all the big names) will be reasonable Monday through Thursday. However, their rates will almost triple for weekend stays. Here is the Tip: Stay off the strip on Friday Nights and Saturday Nights to save Major Dollars. I had stayed at the MGM Grand during the week. I made a short trip to Utah on Friday and all day Saturday. I wanted to stay at the MGM Grand again on Saturday Night but the rate at the MGM tripled. I chose to stay at this Best Western for a Saturday Night Stay .
Now, about this Best Western.
The Good:
Rate was great (under $65.00). The Staff was very nice/accommodating. The room was huge and the room was clean.
The Not So Good:
This is not a fancy Las Vegas Strip Room. Don't expect it to be.
The internet didn't work and when I mentioned to the the Front Desk, he couldn't help. My closet door didn't work but this was only a minor convenience. No HD TV. If you want to gamble in the lobby, this is not the Hotel for you.

And that Picture that they use above that shows the pool and the rooms, is an excellent picture. It is AN EXCELLENT PICTURE.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face outside to the street and rooms that face inside to the pool. Ask fro you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank You for your comments about your recent stay with us and we do appreciate the feed back. We are an off the strip 2 Star Hotel and are in the process of upgrading our guest rooms. As for the TV you are in Las Vegas and we want you in the Casino and Bar having a Great time not sitting in your room,,,, A little Vegas Humour there... We do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area the you will consider to stay with us again..

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were charged 3 different times and 2 different amounts plus a deposit for our 1 night stay that I booked off the hotel's website. We didn't realize this until after we got home because they hotel decided not to inform us of the error and did not give us a full printout. When I called about the issue, the only answer I got was 'I can't answer that for you at this time.' I did manage to get screen shots of some of our charges via email from 1 person I talked to, which only further proved another mistake of the reversal amount being $0.00!! Every time I call, no manager is available. I have left voicemails and emails for the hotel general manager and any other management title and still have received no response from anyone or have had my money refunded, even after they admitted the mistake and sent me the proof. Not to mention we had no water pressure in our shower, and our A/C did not work well at all while it was 117 out, but no one came up to even look at it after calling down twice, and all I got when I mentioned it upon checkout was 'oh.' For the money you will end up getting ripped off anyway, you might as well stay in a nicer hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good hotel, close to Las Vegas Blvd. The carpet in the room is not that great though. The hotel also did not have wifi. Rooms need a little repairing. They have a restaurant that serves breakfast, but you have to pay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank You for youru recent review of your stay with us and we appreciate the feed back. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms for 2014 and do hope that you will come back and visit us once we are complete with the upgrades. We do apologize that we do not offer free breakfast at this property but do hope that you enjoyed our Restaurant.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, the hotel is looking a little "tired" but it was always clean. We especially like it 'cos it's off the strip and not to packed and overwhelming for kids (who would stay in the pool all day if we let them). The Strip is only about a 40 minute walk away but the Mardi Gras run a free hourly shuttle between 10 am & 10 pm BUT the air con in the shuttle hasn't worked during the past 3 years we've stayed and that can be a real discomfort in the 117 degrees we've been having.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank You for your recent review of our property. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and do hope that you will come back and visit next year 2014 and see all of the exciting changes that we are planning for the property. We do apologize for the A/C in the Shuttle but when it's 115 Degrees outside it is very hard to cool that kind of air down. We will talk to mother nature when you visit next year for some cooler weather.. Thanks Again..

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved being here for the week would deffinately come back again .. Friendly staff .. Had a little problem with the 1st room we was given as the housekeeping had not been in for us arriving after being given a different room was fantastic for what we paid x x only problem was the wifi which not even a big issue ! Xx

• Stayed: April 2013
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank You for your recent review of our property and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look foraward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

As a Best Western rewards member, I decided to stay here after reading the positive reviews on TA. Dont be suckered like I was people, this place is a dump! On our epic family road trip, I booked 5 rooms here, because we couldnt afford the Strip. Check in was a breeze as we arrived around midnight to stay for the weekend. (Fri-Sat). Upon opening the door the stench of cigarette smoke over took us. (It was a non smoking room) Stains and rips throughout the carpet. Hairs found in the bed, bathroom and shower...yuck! Towels had light brown stains on them. The smoke detector was hanging off the wall from its wire. WTH! It was like they hired a bum of the street to pretend to clean the room. If you havent yet looked for other hotels on TA and are still reading this, the TV is like from 1982, hope you like your picture fuzzy, no HD here.
We immediately started calling around for other vacancies and were able to book one for the next night, knowing we were going to eat the 24hour reservation cancellation policy. We didnt care at this point. My family and I slept on our own towels on top of the covers. The next morning we reported the problems to the staff, and they were shocked to hear what we had to stay, as they have never encountered this before...yeah right. She offered us another room, which I "politely" declined and told her all 5 rooms my family booked were garbage, why would I want another trashy room. The only saving grace from this place was they canceled our next night and waived all fees and penalties. Ironically enough we booked a hotel right next door to this joke of a hotel and for an extra $70 the Renaissance Hotel was a pure dream, but then again a KOA campground would of been a huge improvement. If I save at least one of you from booking here, then I have done my job. We stayed exclusively at Best Westerns on our 2 week epic family road trip (Best Western member) and had wonderful stays, to say the least, next summer my family will consider another chain based on this one dreadful night.

Room Tip: Is there a good room here??
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philholt

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and apologize for the inconvenience. We are in the process of updating our Guest Rooms and do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Not the best motel we had stayed in. Did not like the smoke in lobby. Restaurant food was great, guys at the bar just great and friendly. Wifi didn't work well, we stayed with friends so we had 2 room. Very old neededs doing up

Room Tip: Just a room to sleep Great resturant
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John P
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank You for your recent review of our property. We are in the planning stages of updating our Guest Rooms and do hope that you will come back and see the new changes that will be happing here at the Best Western Mardi Gras.