We booked this hotel on line and upon arrival thought "Oops." The area is not the greatest and the outside is a bit drab. But within half a day we were happy as we could be. We were in town on business and stayed 5 days. You can find flashier places in Las Vegas, but I doubt you can find a more honest value for your money.
Our first night in town was at the Tuscan Suites. Much fancier place, but they nickel and dime you for everything... $15/day spa charge, $13/day Wifi, extra charge for using the business center, extra charge for anything you need.
Best Western Mardi Gras didn't upcharge anything! Free Wifi (granted, it is spotty, but it works), free Business Center with free printing. The laundry room is clean and well lit and right priced. The restaurant is really good, especially the burgers!, and is fairly priced. The rooms are a bit dated, but clean, comfortable, and the staff does a great job cleaning every day. We walked to the convention center every day (saved us $$$). There is a free shuttle to the Strip and to the airport, with free return pickup, too. If you want glitzy and enjoy being ripped off, go anywhere else. If you want old school value for dollar, the Mardi Gras fits the bill.
The best thing about the place is its staff. Every employee I dealt with was extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Susie and Salvador at the front desk. The last night we were there the owner was in town from San Diego and came over and chatted with us while we were having supper in the restaurant. Both waiters in the restaurant were friendly and prompt. And there is always somebody cleaning. The groundskeeper works hard to keep things neat, the housekeeping staff are always working and easy to find if you need something.
Bottom line: we had a fine stay and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino is your great choice for an affordable full-service hotel just off the Strip. The hotel features 314 spacious over-sized guest rooms each with a refrigerator and bar area; a friendly and affordable restaurant and 24-hour casino lounge; a large pool area with whirlpool spa; FREE Strip and Airport Shuttle that runs every hour on the hour from 7am to 10pm; and is a short walk to the Las Vegas Monorail and the Las Vegas Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel Las Vegas
- Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel And Casino
- Best Western Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Best Western