“15 minute walk from monorail” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Special Offer
$10 CASINO MATCH PLAY
Ranked #132 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Victoria, Canada
“15 minute walk from monorail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Pet friendly hotel near the strip. The building is old but rooms were adequately clean. Plenty of parking. No free breakfast included. About 15 minute walk from the monorail. Good enough for a budget stay in Vegas.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank rubaig89
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank You for your recent review of our property and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Antioch, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ah, for the good old days when you could get first class accomodations in Las Vegas for next to nothing. Nowadays you get the Best Western Mardi Gras. The elevator near our room didn't work (evidently; we finally gave up waiting for it) but the one on the other end of the property vibrated and moved so roughly that we decided the stairs were preferable. The room is kind of an apartment, but showing its age. By Motel 6 standards this would have been a good place, but it is a Best Western.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Randolph R
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank You for your recent reiview of our property. We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the planning stages of up grading our rooms as you have seen the new TV's and the exterior of the property have been done and the Guest Rooms will be stated by the end of the year. We do hope that you will try us again on your next trip to Las Vegas and see the changes that we are making

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Best Western Mardi Gras. The rooms are actually one bedroom apartments. They are comfortable, attractive and very clean. . Good bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of nice other guests. Nice pool and hot tub. I was there for a convention and the hotel is an easy two block walk from the convention center.

However, the neighborhood, itself, is not good. You are very safe in the daytime but nighttime might be another story. There are some very nice hotels on Paradise Road but there also projects and Section 8 housing. Some of the people on the street looked rough and scary. Be careful if you are going out at night.

The strip is several blocks away. Use the shuttle, taxi or public transportation to get to the strip or back from the strip at night. Don't walk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank You for your recent review of our property. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area.
Sierra Vista, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This exciting and well-priced Best Western is just a block from the Strip and the hotel has a free shuttle that will take you into the Strip. We only stayed one night as we were on vacation visiting my brother in Idaho, and during our visit with him he raved about Las Vegas and how exciting it was, and so when we left his place to head home we stopped by Las Vegas for one night. I love Best Westerns and found this Best Western close to the Strip. We got in late afternoon, checked into our room and dropped our luggage in, and then hopped on the shuttle that took us into the Strip. We spent the next several hours in amazement as we walked around. We went into Caesar's Palace and to the mall area, we watched the Pirate Show at the Mirage, and then went inside the Mirage. We enjoyed the outdoors just as much as the indoors to these casinos. The outdoors is lit up - it's practically day time but with a glow and certain type of energy. We also enjoyed watching the Chinese tourists with their cameras having so much fun. They were smiling from ear to ear just as much as we were - everyone was having so much fun as we walked from casino to casino catching all the spectacles. Too soon for us we knew we better get back to the hotel and get a decent night sleep and so we hopped back on the Shuttle which comes around every 30 minutes I believe, and headed back to the Best Western. We loved our room - it was spacious - and we had a little kitchenette. It's an older establishment -nothing fancy - but then we didn't want fancy. I found it to be clean, spacious, and very comfortable. There's a swimming pool, tv, fridge, coffee, nice bathroom and a lot of amenities. It had a lovely center courtyard. We left the next morning and so really didn't get a chance to enjoy the place, but if we ever get back to Las Vegas I definitely want to stay at the Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino. It's absolutely perfect for me! You just can't beat a Best Western!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Skyscape049
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We Thank You for your recent review of our hotel and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try very hard to make sure that all of our Guest are Comfortable and can make some memories while with us. We are glad that you had a safe trip home and look forward to your next visit.
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Finding the courtesy shuttle upon arriving at the airport was a pain in the butt and the concierge didn't help much with the directions and kept telling me to go to ground 0 and so I asked airport security how to get to ground 0 and he said I was already on ground 0. After about an hour of calling the hotel numerous times, I was finally directed to go to terminal 1 and finally found the shuttle.. maybe it's because it's my first time here so my sense of direction was a bit low..???

Upon arriving at the hotel, I found it to be very sketchy and what you call "ghetto". You definitely get what you pay for. On the plus side, my room was huge but I found pieces of hair and stains all over the pillow covers and floor. My door had a broken lock and it took them 2 days to fix it. Channels available on the television were very limited. On the website it stated that the shuttles run from 6AM-11PM but I was told the first shuttle in the morning is 7AM and last shuttle pick up from the strip is 10PM. They drop you off at Bally's, about 2-3 blocks away from the strip. Everything in the hotel is "OKAY" not great. My key card broke about 3 times, they didn't tell me beforehand that I shouldn't put the key card in my purse along with my phone and other cards (it deactivates the card). Aside from the mediocre uncleanliness and appearance of the hotel...the customer service I received was better than I had expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank koychan
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We do apologize for he inconvenience that you had at the Airport for our Shuttle Service. We do hope that on your next trip to Las Vegas that you will give us a chance to Wow you some more with our customer service.
Lier, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed 1 night in may and only used this hotel as our last stopover before return to Belgium (no visit to the strip or other attractions in L.V); 73$ for a double room including breakfast, but I had to pay my breakfast for 2 !

The hotel is good and well maintained, situated 1 mile from the strip and 2 miles from airport (free airport shuttle). Refreshing swimmingpool.
The rooms are large size, comfortable, clean. Quiet at night. Good beds, good and silent airco, flatscreen, fridge, coffee provided. Clean bathroom, all amenities. Free Wifi.

Conclusion : quality for your money, recommendable, but don't pay in advance for your breakfast !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ludovicvn
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 26, 2013