“Excellent value”

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
Ranked #136 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Excellent value”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe people can write a bad review about a place that charges $24 night. Go stay in an overpriced hotel on the strip. What do you expect for $24/ night?? Anyways, the rooms were clean and very large, albeit dated, the staff was friendly, pool nice and clean, decent breakfast, great parking and incredible proximity to all the rear parking garages on the strip. If you have your own car, this is far better than self parking at a big hotel and walking half a mile plus elevators to get to your room. THE BEST HOTEL BARGAIN I HAVE EVER HAD.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mantamike
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank You so much for you review of our little oasis off the strip. We strive to make all of our guest comfortable and happy with our hotel. Once Again Thank You for your support and hope that you choose to stay with us agin on your next visit to Las Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Tonopah, Nevada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had made reservations about a month prior. I called within the week to verify my reservation and I had asked if my husband and I could be put in a king room. The gentleman I spoke with was really kind and said that it was possible and I verified with him if there were additional charges and he said no. Well upon arrival on Saturday 4/27/13 our reservation was in for a queen bed and they didn't have any kings available. So we dealt with it. We stayed in room 1133. We had been gone all evening and came back around 2am to find a cockroach lying in the middle of the room. VERY UNSETTLING! I called the front desk to get the situation handled and they had someone come and sweep it up...That was it. I called the front desk back and informed the lady that I was very uncomfortable with this situation and would like to be transfered. She informed me they had no other rooms for me to transfer into. So I asked if they could spray the room or something or if I could get my money back so I could go somewhere else. She said there was nothing she could do. So I had to search through the room for any other critters so I could even feel comfortable in that room. As I was looking through the room I also found a dead cricket behind the bedside table that was covered in dust. VERY DISCUSTING!! I couldn't sleep at all knowing there were bugs in my room and that nothing could be done of this. I was very unhappy with my stay and the staff. The staff should've handled this situation, instead they had a guest leave unhappy. This is really bad on your hotel's part and my husband and I won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fawn D
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are an exterior property and due to the chemicals used for bug spraying we have to shut the room down. We do hope that you would give us another chance to make you comfortable if your travels ever bring you back to teh Las Vegas area.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed for 3 nights at the hotel.First of all, the rooms are very dark and stink.Walls are very thin.We couldnt sleep just because of the guy who was snoring in the next room.I am not exaggerating..That is real..Rooms are big but dirty, stinky and have old furniture.Housekeeping was also not good.we have used the shampoo first day and 2nd day they took it and didn't even give a new one.I absolutely do not recommend this place!!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Minikcik
We Tahnk You for your recent review of our property and do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes some of our rooms are located on the interior of the property in a hallway and if asked we would have been very happy to move you to an exterior room as we are here 24 hours a day and try to make all of our guest comfortable. We do hope that you would give us another chance to wow you on your next visit to the Las Vegas area.
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Previously have stayed in the big named hotels on the strip so this time I fancied a change and stayed in the above.

Although the building is dated found all staff very helpful, polite and friendly. The is a small bar that forms a part of the casino and the staff really made me feel at home - chatting, introducing other regular guests etc. Found this so refreshing after the factory approach of the larger concerns.

Hotel has a café/restaurant (didn't try this) and a large and popular pool. Room sizes are larger than the usual BW rooms with a an open plan sitting area, kitchenette, sleeping area.

If you want a place that makes you feel at home then I would recommend the Mardi Gras.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to a guest who is unable to work the volume control on their tv!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We Thank You for your recent review of our property and are very happy that you enjoyed our little oasis off the strip and do hope that you will come back back and visit us again on your next trip to Las Vegas. We hope that you had a safe trip home and many happy memories of Las Vegas.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Was suppose to stay 2 nights but we decided to splash out and get a strip located hotel for a night - nothing to do with this hotel.

So just stayed the one night and left our things here on the other night as it was paid for by our tour. Perfectly located behind the strip set behind the Venetian with a short 10 min walk to the strip. There is also a shuttle bus which drops by the Flamingo which is a good service we used.

Heard no or very little noise whilst staying here. The only issue was that our toilet ran continuously all night which was a little annoying but not enough to report to reception and have someone fix it.

If your driving as for a ground floor room so that you can park outside your room.

Room Tip: If driving as for a ground floor room so you can park right outside your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlwaysOnMyHols
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We Thank You for your recent review of our property and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the near future..
Seattle, Washington, Usa
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Vegas for our grandsons Wrestling Tournament at the convention center. This hotel was the perfect location, walking distance. Nice quiet room, comfortable bed. Felt safe in the neighborhood

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kathleen F
Thank You for your review of our property and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your grandson did well in the Tournament.