“Near the monorail but”

Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
Ranked #140 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

But the monorail is not very convenient to get around,it only goes to certain casinos and if u walk from the street to get to the monorail I probably won't be able to find how to get to it.

The hotel is good, the room was fine buts its location is not its not a place u would walk around at night time

There wifi was not working which was really annoying saying it has too many people on it

I wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are in the process of upgrading our WiFi System and do hope that you will give us another chance to give you a comfortable and worry free stay.

There are newer reviews for Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this property before, several years ago, and was quite pleased then. We got a good rate for a weekend, so decided to book, since it's so close to the Strip, and we booked online over a month ahead. Got to the hotel and were told they were "overbooked," and we were being moved to the Riviera (on the Strip). At first we objected, but then we were told our room was paid for, and there would be no charge to us. Since this seemed like a good deal (free room) we said OK, and headed over to the Riviera. However, a few days later we found that the Mardi Gras had charged us for the room after all. The charge had posted to our credit card. I called the Mardi Gras reservations desk and was told that we had been given the "wrong information" at the front desk, and that we were expected to pay for the room all along. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was "in a meeting" but that he would call me back. He never called. I then complained to Best Western customer service. A week later Best Western contacted me to tell me the whole thing had been a mistake, and that our charge had been refunded. But I am convinced that if I had not gone to Best Western, the Mardi Gras would never have reversed the charge. This experience convinces me that Mardi Gras management is not to be trusted, especially if their staff are giving out the "wrong" information to guests about their policies. I spent a lot of unnecessary time dealing with this situation. I would never book there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

We apologize for the inconvenience that you had with your reservation and do hope that you will give us another chance to make a memorable vacation.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is not a glamorous Las Vegas hotel, and it is not on the Strip. That said I have stayed there several times and will again because it represents GREAT VALUE and is a three minute walk to the Convention Center. The rooms are HUGE and perect for setting up an office while traveling or for a family. Parking is super easy, and the tram stop is close if you want to hit the strip and not drive. There is a small bar with several TV's and decent burger type fare. There is also a small gambling area that is smokey and was of no interest to me.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are always striving to make all of our guest have a comfortable stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino is a good price for the quality of the rooms.

Location is not best suited for visiting the main Las Vegas strip although the Convention Centre is just minute’s walking distance from the hotel and there is a mono rail stop there to access the other stops near the strip plus the hotel run a courtesy bus to the strip until mid night.

The staff were very helpful and the airport pickup and drop of to the strip is very good. The front desk staff were very helpful and polite.

I had dinner in the bar/restaurant (but did not try the breakfast) and it was ok for the price and had a good selection on the menu, it was a bit smoky if you had a table close to the bar.

Room was very large and had all that you expect from mid-priced hotel and it was cleaned every day.

The only negative was that it was looking a little bit tired but not so much that it would stop me from staying again and will when I return in November.

Not many shops or food outlets within walking distance but just get the courtesy bus to the strip and you will not want for anything.

Overall very good value.

Room Tip: Use the courtesy bus to drop you off at the strip or walk to the convention centre and get the mono...
1  Thank GloucesterTraveler
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank You for your review of our property and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visit in November..

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We chose this hotel for 2 reasons: Proximity to the C.C. & Price. Here is my review.

Pros:
Close to C.C.
Price very affordable compared to any hotel within walking distance of CC.(5 min walk), same side of street as CC.
Rooms very large and clean
Very Comfortable beds
Fridge in room
Free Parking
Easy room acces
Restaurant in lobby, good food & good prices
Check in easy
Workers at front desk friendly
Free Shuttle to airport and strip

Cons:
Smokey lobby, because of the mini casino
Room attendants non responsive to requests. asked for blankets and never got them
No microwave in room
Hotel is dated, but clean
Towels remind me of Gym class in High school, crappy
No wash cloths just the crappy gym towels
Although food was good in the restaurant, don't get the desserts, they sucked, and they where way overpriced.

All n All, if you need a cheap, clean place to stay, that is within walking distance to the CC, then this is the place to stay. I will stay here again for next years convention.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We Thank You for your recent reveiw our your stay with us.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Trip Advisor set me up with a really good hotel. Oversize rooms can easily fit 4 Adults,and maybe a couple of kids.As i planned this trip to las vegas(solo) i read most of the positive and negatives of other travelers and prepared for my adventure. Trip Advisor really had all the information up to date also prices from 1 - 5 Star hotels all over the world, as well as really discounted Airfare/Hotel/Car packages.Oh if you must know Best Western is well organized in what they do.From maintenance/Housekeeping/front desk i say a big Mahalo(Thank You) in hawaiian.Oh by the way (aunty) who worked in house keeping and her staff made my clean and restocked, hey man the best thing you get the high end services here like you do in the bigger,the higher pricier hotels and you are in the middle of downtown and the strip.Walk straight out from the lobby and turn right and your heading for a great way to get from your hotel, downtown to the north and the strip to the south. $28.00 gets you a 3 day monorail pass,good way to see the sights as well.It was the best trip i can remember and i have traveled around. My stay was 7days no car just taxi here and there cost you around $12-$15.00.
stratosphere---california hotel just under $15.00.Oh yeah one of the guests commented on the cigarette smell in the casino and their room.So i prepared myself with a bottle of Febreeze oh yea smell them roses.Next either Europe or Philipines.Trip Advisor do your thing cause I'm comming back for more Thank You so very much Aloha Jay

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet on the south side.my corner room was huge on the 2nd floor,little noise ,not much...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank GDaddyJay

Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you were comfortable and enjoyed our staffs Hospitality. If your travels ever bring you back to Las Vegas we would be very happy to have you stay with us again..

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Pros:
+ Very helpful and friendly staff.
+ Cheap and tasty food and beverages.
+ Waterpool
+ Hourly shuttle to Strip street.
+ Someone here wrote about smell of tobacco - I didn't found any in my room.

Cons:
- Extremely noisy. Noise from monorail and road in 20 foots from the front door. Huge gap at the bottom of the door (you even can see street through this hole). No sound isolation from other apartments (you can hear if someone is talking or watching TV). I used pillows from the sofa to close under door gap.
- Dust everywhere. Top of the curtain is covered with dust. Carpet are not clean.
- Power outlets are on the bottom of the walls near the bead behind the nightstand.
- Pillows on bead are to big. If you are stomach-sleeper - it is not for you.
- When you turn on the light in the bath the very noisy vent turns on. Disturbing.
- No air ventilation. Only conditioner.
- housekeeper forget to return towel from laundry.
- No disposable shaver razor available if you forget your.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for your recent review of our property. We are an exterior property in the middle of the Desert and unfortunately we do get a little dusty here. The A/C/Heater also has a Fan for Air circulation. The Fan in the Bathroom is for Ventalation also. The Outlets are on the wall as we do not know where else to place them. We do appreciate your comments and it will assist us with Training in our Daily Line Ups.