“Inside Clean, Outside Garbage”

Best Western McCarran Inn
Ranked #81 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Bellingham, Washington
“Inside Clean, Outside Garbage”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have stayed at this Best Western approx. 4-5 Nights over the last Month.
Nice Reception staff - Especially Gloria. Found the Location Manager a bit Rude and Short with me when I had a simple Question.
The inside of this property was tidy & clean -some deficiencies that surprized me for a Best Western. Not on par with other Best Westerns I've stayed out throughout the West this past year.
The outside of this Property was atrocious. Garbage frequently laying around and it appears the staff simply did not care nor want to take the time to patrol for and remove. The Pool needed attention and I found myself cleaning the Water with the Screen a lot. My last stay I didn't feel like I could swim in it as there was Paper and items in and on top of the water that needed to be removed. As it was approx. 90 Degrees, I really needed a nice dip, so again I grabbed the Surface Scooper and did the chore-I almost felt like I should have been paid to clean both the Pool & surrounding grounds.
Hooefully this BW at McCarren Airport will take not and I look forward to seeing it cleaner on my next visit...

• Stayed May 2013
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Robert

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The team at the hotel sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your visit with us. I am proud to let you know that based on your feedback our Engineering and Housekeeping Department have implemented a plan that addresses your concerns which will eliminate possible future occurrences. We look forward to having you back at the hotel.

Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Waverly
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is an airport hotel and was absolutely perfect for myself and my family when we got into Las Vegas late and just needed somewhere to sleep. There were no airplane sounds I could hear. We experienced no problems, slept well and had a nice breakfast in the morning. I had a little trouble navigating here from the car rental location, but not too much. This was what I was looking for and I got it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mbirgen
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest

We are grateful you took the time to write a review of our property, we appreciate your kind words and we hope you will visit again the next time your in Las Vegas.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After reading the reviews I was a little unsure about how satisfied I would be with the hotel. After I got in pretty late at night I was not sure how to catch the shuttle bus to the hotel so I called the hotel and they sent one right away to get me. The shuttle man got my luggage for me and put it in the shuttle and away we drove. When We got to the hotel the lobby lights weren't to bright so I was unsure once again. A young African American girl greeted me and gave me my keys and When I arrived it my room it was great. Very clean large size room with the little extras you don't expect candy on the table and A note from the staff saying welcome. I don't mean for this to be a long review just a little advise to readers Do Not Believe everything you read because this hotel is great and I will come back try it for yourself I was queen for a day

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank MaryVanker
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing. What a nice review! It is a pleasure to host such wonderful guests, I have shared your comments with my co-workers. Thank you for your kind comments on the hotel and its staff. We hope to see you back at the hotel on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Santa Ana, California, Usa
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Breakfast was not up to other Best Westgern hotels we have stayed in. No hot (bacon, sausage, eggs hash browns) breakfast, very small food prep area, only 2 waffle machines,
staff pushing carts of dirty laundry through the dining area at 7 am etc when guests are eating breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear William

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, please accept our apologies for the breakfast and the laundry carts, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with my co-workers to rectify some of these issues. Safe Travels.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Rates were very reasonable, staff was friendly, room was spacious, clean and updated (had a flat-screen t.v.), there was free breakfast and wi-fi in the room (plus a computer in the lobby), and free shuttle service to the airport and The Strip (Tropicana & Hard Rock), AND I felt safe staying there. Parts of the hotel showed a little wear and tear, but it would not stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Traveler;

We are grateful you took the time to write a review of our property, we appreciate the kind words about the hotel and its amenities and we hope you will visit again soon.

Safe Travels
California, USA
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of March 2013. First of all, I never had a problem with noise. The first night, we stayed in a two queen deluxe right by the lobby. The outside of this hotel has the usual Las Vegas noise. It is a noisy city. But when you shut the hotel doors, you don't hear any of it. I worried more about hearing the lobby noise because we were so close. We didn't. It was quiet. The 2 queen deluxe was very roomy and had a updated air conditioner. The sofa bed was a twin size. Regardless of the size, they only give you toiletries for one. You will have to ask for more if you need it. My father in law got a king size room across the hall and was also next to the lobby. It was a nice room with an upgraded AC. It was a good room for him because he didn't need to do a lot of walking to the lobby. The next night we stayed on the second floor at the back end of the hotel. It was a 2 queen standard. The fortunate thing was, they could get us in right away in the morning. We didn't have to check in again later in the afternoon. It was quiet and I didn't hear any noise outside the room whatsoever.

Now for my complaints. The staff needs to be trained in hotel hospitality. The first night I listened to the girl at the front desk talk out loud about one of the guest's problem with their air conditioner. It wasn't working and they wanted a room change. I could go on. I heard the whole story right in the lobby as I was on their lobby computer. The girl at the front desk acted agitated and talked about the horrible day she had. I thought this was all strange as she was very nice and helpful to me earlier. The next day, the shuttle driver was off to one side of the hotel front doors so that he could smoke and play on his Iphone. When we finally got back to our room in the afternoon, our AC wasn't working either as it was an older cheaper model. When we called for help, we got a maid that had taken off her smock as to disguise the fact that she was a maid. She looked at it and said it was frozen and said she would send for maintenance. Really? They send a maid just to tell me that? Maintenance was taking awhile so I went to the lobby to use the vending machine. Passing the front desk, a saw a man that looked like he was dressed up as a maintenance man. He was playing on his Iphone. I asked the girl at the front desk if that was the maintenance man because, I had to leave and I'm waiting for him to fix the AC so I could go. She said that he was in a meeting with the manager. I got my soda and passed the front desk again. The same guy was playing on his Iphone and was joking around with somebody. I went back to my room and sure enough, it was the same guy. He did defrost the AC, but from these experiences, I've noticed that these employees like to play on their Iphones instead of working. Maybe they figure, everyone is in LV just to go gambling. I was there for a funeral, so I wasn't happy to be waiting on a guy just because he wanted to play on his Iphone. And the front desk girls told me that he is in a meeting when he was standing right behind them? Come on. Because of the experience I witnessed the night before, I wondered if the people at the front desk were complaining about me right out loud while he was fixing my AC like they did to the other family. There were things that the front desk could have told me when I first checked in like there is an exit at the back of the hotel (the front is on a one way street to the airport). I figured that out for myself on the second day. She could have told me that I needed the room key to work the lights. She could have asked me if I needed more towels and toiletries since I had a room full of people.

Okay, now for the final complaints. The pool was not heated. It was ice cold, so I didn't use it. The hotel doesn't have a hot tub either. However, the pool area had nice lounge chairs. If you go from the hotel corridor out to the pool, you can't get in the same way. It will lock you out. You have to walk to the side of the building. Not a big problem since it is not far, but that was strange. Our AC froze up in our second room, but it was fixed. The last complaint is the breakfast area. It was your basic continental breakfast with waffles. That's not the problem. The problem is the wall that they have it behind. The wall needs to be torn down. The breakfast items is in a very narrow hall and only a couple of people fit in there at one time. This is especially difficult if the hotel has a high amount of guests. The first morning, it was a nuisance. The next morning, it made things impossible. There is not enough seating when they have a large amount of guests as well. You might have to take it back to your room.

That all being said, I would stay here again. I hate the strip and I don't like staying on it. And the place where we boarded our dogs was right down the street. The biggest complaint that I have is the poor training of the hotel staff. Service needs to be improved.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms next to the lobby.