“Excellent hotel near airport”

Best Western McCarran Inn
Ranked #79 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were looking for a small and convenient hotel near the airport, after a very long fligt with 2 connections. Excellent location and good value for short stay near airport. Great breakfast, apples and cold drink free at desktop. Shutlle service available.

Room Tip: . Shuttle service less frequent than other hotels, but they'll assist you when you call the hote...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aletiv
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're happy to have been of service and that we met all of your needs after a long and tiring flight. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope you will stay again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Booked this because I was driving out west, and my fiancée was flying in to McCarran to meet me, and this is practically right at the front door of the airport. (Honestly, you can be at pickup in 5 minutes) All was ok. Blonde front desk girl nice and friendly. Dark haired girl acted like I didn't exist. No matter. Had a room on the back corner (North East) of the hotel, third floor. When I noticed the dumpsters directly below me, I inquired if noise was going to be a problem. I was told no.

Saturday night was fine. Sunday's breakfast was OK, they even have hard boiled eggs, which is nice instead of just waffles or cereals. Monday morning, however, at 6:30am (mind you, AFTER I'd asked about this), we were awoken to loud banging and booming from the dumpsters being emptied. (sigh) Thanks. Why they don't move the dumpsters to one of the far corners of the parking lot is beyond me, but there you have it. We were getting up at 7am anyway, so while annoyed, I wasn't totally angry. (But again, I DID ask, and was told it'd be OK.)

Mind you, even with the dumpster noise, this end of the hotel might be your only choice. If you stay on the other end, the ice machine's in the hallway so you'll hear that *constantly*. (Why isn't it in a room to mask it's noise?) Stay on the front side, and you're facing the airport with it's noise. Note that on the backside of the place, I really didn't notice any airport noise.

The room itself was OK, even though on day two, the maid never properly refreshed things. (No washcloths, no hand towels, no new soaps or shampoo, but we did get bath towels and bathmat.)

The breakfast area is like getting your stuff in a hallway. It's VERY congested with any more than two people, so that can be a bit annoying. (Hint to guests... when you're making your waffle? Get the heck outta there instead of standing and watching the machine. It'll beep, you don't need to guard it like crown jewels. Make room for others.) The eating area is limited, but not too small. Overall, the breakfast was good enough, and constantly restocked. They also have some of the best motel coffee I've ever had.

All in all, despite it's shortcomings, this really is a decent place to stay. You're just moments from the strip (2 miles, 6 minutes), if that's what you're after. Clean, decent bed, shower worked well, sink is outside of bath/toilet area, so two can function in the morning without waiting for each other. We'd stay there again.

Also, when I complained about the room not being refreshed right, and the dumpster noise, the front desk girl (a different, shorter, dark haired one) immediately offered an apology and 6000 bonus BW points to make up for it. I was pleased with this quick reaction to the problem. Well done.

Room Tip: Pick the backside, third floor, but decide... ice machine noise (south end) or dumpster noise (north...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

We thank you for your in depth description of your stay. We're sorry that you disturbed by the noise. We do realize that everyone has a different level of noise sensitivity, which is why we provide ear plugs in each room. We are glad to have earned your overall approval, and will use the items mentioned to improve our services.

We hope you'll stay with us again!

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was huge and looked out over the pool and it was nice and quiet. The bathroom was less than desirerable, it appeared to be half remodeled. Some of the title were refinished and some weren't. There was a lot of mold on grout and hardly any vanity area. Also the breakfast was disappointing very little protien and lots of sugar in everything.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the spacious guest room. We appreciate your candid feedback regarding the restroom maintenance and your breakfast preferences. We will use your feedback to find ways to better serve the needs of our guests. Thank you and we hope that you will return to the Best Western McCarran Inn.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

So close to the airport and just a bit away from the strip. Staff was very nice and the free shuttle service was so great.
I would like to thank Liz and Patrick for making me feel very welcomed, i was lost at the airport the girl on the phone Liz, helped me and told me where to go the shuttle driver drove a few times around looking for me, thank you guys very much

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Iwillrateu209
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're happy to hear that we provided all of the amenities that you needed while staying in Las Vegas. Thank you for your compliments to Liz and Patrick. We're very proud of our team members and love hearing about the different ways that they help and delight our guests. We hope you'll be back the next time you're in Las Vegas!

Safe travels

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in July this is my 3rd visit to this hotel. The property was a refreshing change from the normal casino hotels in Vegas Loved the decor and the room was extremely comfortable. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was the best free breakfast I have ever had. Beats the usual free continental breakfasts. Close enough to The strip and other attractions. Very close to the airport. They have a free shuttle to the strip and the airport. Definitely will be back next time I'm in Vegas.

Room Tip: I've always had a room at the back of the hotel. Seems to very quite back there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're thrilled to hear that you've been our guest three times and won't hesitate to be back. Thank you for your kind comments and for letting other guests know that you enjoyed the rooms, the breakfast, and the shuttle service. We're so happy to be able to offer the services and amenities you need when traveling to Las Vegas.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here once before in 2010 and wrote a review. This was my second stay at the Best West McCarran, and unfortunately not as good a stay as the first.

I wound up staying here for New Year's Eve as it was the only reasonably priced place that wasn't booked up. I didn't hesitate on booking here after my first positive experience.

I had a room on the ground floor at the end of the hallway near the maid's station, and man was it ever noisy. Non-stop bangs, clangs, and people talking. I also felt the hotel was not nearly as clean as it was in 2010. My room was in good shape though, even if it was a big step down from my previous two bed room upstairs I had before.

Oh, and my computer got hacked (yes, hacked!) using their unprotected Internet. That caused me some major headaches. Be warned if you use your laptop here, use their business centre instead.

Their shuttle to the strip also ran at irregular times. On New Year's, the last shuttle pick up was at 1am. Really? How about at 2am, or 3. It is New Year's after all. I had to walk back to my hotel from the strip because I couldn't get a cab (all the roads were closed down on New Year's, and finding a cab was near impossible). That's not a walk I recommend anyone make under any circumstances for safety reasons.

I guess the score for this place is 1 and 1. I had one good visit here, and one bad visit. I'm not sure if I would stay again, and I was glad to check out when the time came.

There are lots of affordable places to stay in Vegas, and I'll look elsewhere next time.

All that said, the front desk crew was professional, and the shuttle driver was very kind. I feel it's only fair to mention that.

Room Tip: Avoid staying at the end of the hall near the maid's station. The second floor has nicer rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Traveler,

We're sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations since you had a positive expereince the first time around. I would like to say, since it has been over 6 months since your most recent visit, that we have continued to make improvements to the hotel. One of these improvements is a more secure internet system that includes a daily guest password. Shuttle schedules do change based on the needs of the majority of guests and aiport guests get priority over those who are going to the Strip. We always recommend checking the schedule with the Front Desk and having a back-up plan just in case. Please know that we are always making improvements (based on guest feedback ) and we are here to provide a service that will benefit the majority of guests. We know that there are times when we miss the mark and that we can't satisfy all of the people all of the time. But we sure do try!

We hope you'll stay again during New Years and I think you'll be happy to see that changes that we've made.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I and my Aunt and Uncle stayed one night in the Inn. We booked two rooms and the front desk was very efficient as our family names are different but the reservations were under my name. Both my Aunt and Uncle ( visiting US from overseas) were checked in smoothly. The clerk checked them in efficiently and also ensured that my room was next to theirs. When I came an hour later the credit card for billing was moved over seamlessly.
The airport is close by and the shuttle runs conveniently.

The rooms were clean, large and airy. The clerk was helpful with food recommendations for our late dinner. We all slept well. I also swam in the pool early in the morning--it was clean and well maintained. The Inn is well maintained and clean. The breakfast was good but crowded possibly due to the time we went for breakfast.
The front checkout was efficient. I would stay at this property next time I fly into Las Vegas.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karma203
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western McCarran Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and photos. Your information is very helpful to us and other travelers. We're happy to hear that we met all of your needs whilei n Vegas and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Safe travels.