Review Highlights
Perfect guided mountain bike tour

I had such a great time on my Cottonwood Valley tour with Bike Blast. Geoff my guide was awesome... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
mtbkervet
Great ride, great service

Hired a road bike for the second year running and once again great bike, great service and friendly... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
WGold72

Recommended experiences in and around Las Vegas
from $136.99
from $118.99
from $99.00
from $139.99
More Info
All reviews great ride red rock canyon guided tour bootleg canyon mountain biking great road steady climb these guys vehicle traffic blue diamond self guided great workout desert scenery in great shape guide driver great guide great morning
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2017

We seem to have hit these guys on a bad day, based on the other glowing reviews. We received a phone call at 1:05, informing us that our driver (scheduled to pick us up at 1:00) was running late. He arrived at approx 1:35, and did apologize. Unfortunately we had dinner reservations with a group, so this cut our ride time short. Upon arriving, one of the bikes had a loud squeak in the wheel, which he was eventually able to remedy. The seat lever for the quick release of another bike was missing, which also necessitated a repair, additionally cutting into our ride time. We had booked the "semi-guided" tour to the Hoover Dam, and the instructions we were given were fairly ambiguous as to how to actually get to the dam. In order to actually get to the dam, our options were to lock the bikes up before you could even see the dam, and follow pedestrian signs, or to ride against posted "no bicycles" signs to get through a parking area to actually view the dam. We were a little shocked, based on their advertising a "Hoover Dam" ride that you couldn't actually SEE the dam from the old rail-road trails. To view it by bike would have meant a tricky section of road riding (members of my group were not experienced cyclists and not comfortable with this option). So overall, we had fun, it was an easy, pleasant ride to experience the historic rail trail and see the tunnels, but I felt like the advertising was a bit misleading since the trails dump you at a parking area from which you cannot even see the dam. It was also disappointing that the bikes did not seem to have been checked over before our tour. The guide said, "that's the problem with renting bikes." Well, since they are in the business of renting bikes, maybe they should have a process in place? Clearly, this was a bad day for Bike Blast, but for a tour that wasn't cheap, I didn't feel as if we really got what we had expected. Perhaps having a contingency plan in place for times when the early morning tours are delayed would prevent afternoon clients from having to wait?

Date of experience: March 2017
Katie M, Guest Relations Manager at Bike Blast Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

I’m so sorry that your time with us did not live up to your expectations. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of our guest’s skill levels and stamina for the final duration of each tour. Regrettably, this occasionally affects the start time of our afternoon tours. The reason we give bike locks to our Hoover Dam guests is so they can lock their bikes near the dam. This gives our guests the opportunity to freely explore Hoover Dam without the burden of walking their bike around with them. In an effort to avoid further confusion, we have added this information to our Hoover Dam description on our website. Thank you.

Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

I booked a single guided mountain bike ride with Bike Blast at short notice. The booking experience was very efficient and I was collected right on time from my hotel on the strip and taken to Cottonwood Trails at Red Rock Canyon, about 30 minutes outside of Las Vegas. The riding was amazing with great desert scenery and Joshua Tree forests. My guide, Damien, was exceptionally good and tailored the ride to my ability and fitness. This is a highly recommended experience for mountain bikers of any ability as the guide can tailor the difficulty to match your requirements and the landscape is breathtaking.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank DominicPaul
Katie M, Guest Relations Manager at Bike Blast Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

Thanks for the review Dominic! We are so glad that Damien gave you an enjoyable mountain bike ride in Cottonwood. We are so glad when our guests talk about the landscape beyond the Las Vegas Strip! Hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Vegas. Thanks!

Reviewed January 9, 2017

Bike Blast did a great job getting bike to the front door of my hotel and even threw on the pedals and saddle I brought from home. I rode from downtown Vegas to Red Rock Canyon - a great ride! I called on my way back and Bike Blast guy was waiting for me at the hotel. Very simple process.

Date of experience: January 2017

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are glad you enjoyed your ride to Red Rock Canyon on your BMC bike rental. Thanks for letting people know that the drop off / pick up is a smooth and convenient process. Hope you rent from us the next time you are in Las Vegas. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 31, 2016

I am not a regular cycler, while the tour allowed only two hours of ride, so it's somewhat challenging. There was not much time for rest or for exploring offroad. However, the weather was very nice for cycling and the scene was wonderful. Please note that the first few miles were all uphill, so you will feel hot if you wear too much. But the last few miles were all downhill, you might feel cold, especially when you are in the shadows of hills (I was there in early Dec). In general, the tour was great and the pickup service was nice.

Date of experience: December 2016

Thanks for the response Paul! Thanks for pointing out the cool temperatures in the winter months that one may feel in the mountains in contrast to the Las Vegas Strip. If you are hoping to explore beyond the trails at your leisure, maybe next time you can enjoy a semi-guided tour. Our guide would drop you off at whatever trail-head you choose and then pick you up later. We hope to see you again! Thanks!

Reviewed November 22, 2016

Solid quality road bike delivered and fit right at the limo pick up area of my hotel when I needed it to ride with my group. Super nice and easy to work with people. Want to ride in Vegas, rent with these guys! The two gents that dropped off my bike are also the guides, they seemed stoked to do what they do.

Date of experience: November 2016

Thank you for the glowing review David! So glad you were able to see the passion and enthusiasm of our cycling guides - who wouldn't want to get paid to ride in the mountains and valleys around Las Vegas? We are happy you enjoyed your time on your BMC bike rental and we hope to see you again! Thanks!