“Nice hotel at a great price.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport
Ranked #36 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice hotel at a great price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my boyfriend. We frequent Las Vegas, and this was a nice break from the strip traffic. The room was very clean, neat, and very nice. The bed was sssssoooooo comfortable. They offer complimentary breakfast, and we went 2 of the 3 mornings that we stayed there. It was ok, but how many other hotels in Vegas offer this? I think it is a nice option. Parking was free and closeby. The staff was very friendly and worked with my request for late check-out. This is a great hotel for someone looking to get away from the strip and trying to pay an affordable rate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nieceyeffbaby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Driggs, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

This is my second time at a Homewood Suites.

I came into Vegas late night to meet a friend the next day in Death Valley. I did my research ahead of time and liked the fact they had a free shuttle, it was w/in walking distance to car rental facility, it was affordable for a Friday night compared to the strip, it was quiet and had a free breakfast (a big plus for one on a budget).

When I arrived to LV, I called Homewood and was picked up w/in 10 minutes on a Friday night. My only concern was that I wanted to gamble a bit that night, so I was excited that they had a bus leave (once or twice - can't remember) to Mandalay Bay. I took them up on it and they were there when/where they said they would be to pick me up a few hours later. I think you have to call them ahead of time obviously, but no biggy.

I expected to have to walk to the Car Rental Center the next morning to rent my car which was no big deal. But because the driver didn't have any pickups, he gladly dropped me off which was really accomodating.

The room, although I didn't spend too much time there, was cozy, clean and upscale. I didn't find noise to be an issue at all but my room was facing an internal courtyard.

I would recommend this to anyone needed to stay more than a night b/c they might find something more affordable, but for my needs - it met my expectations and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

If yoru plans don't include the Strip or late night clubbing, this is a great place to stay. Located 2 blocks from the airport car rental center, it is makes the car return shuffle easier. Interstate I-115 is 2 minutes away and connects to I-15. Plenty of good resturants close by. This hotel has the Homewood Suites typical settup and the staff are very business traveler friendly. We saw BYU's girl softball team at breakfast and also a mix of family and business travelers. Jet noise is present, but not really a factor in the rooms. The two bedroom suites are great for families or colleagues who have to travel together. NO slots in the lobby. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

We spent 4 nights on the strip with my older children and then 2 nights at the Homewood Suites by the airport. This allowed us to be in the heart of the strip to see all of the attractions and shows, but then get away from the insanity for our last couple of days since we planned 1 day to see Hoover Dam and 1 day to hike at Red Rock Canyon. The Homewood Suites was perfect for our needs. The 2 room suite was spacious and clean. The facility was secure. The close access to the highway made for easy trips to both Hoover Dam and Red Rocks. The hotel is surrounded by a business park with nothing special surrounding the hotel. But if you have a rental car, it's only a 5 minute drive to restaurants and the Las Vegas Outlet shopping area. The hotel has a free breakfast and dinner as well. Nothing exceptional, but decent if you want something quick. The workout facility was adequate and so was the pool. Again, nothing spectacular, but very functional. Parking was complimentary, ample and secure. The personnel were very friendly. Another perk is that we had an early morning flight the day of our departure. The rental car return facility is very close and this reduced stress by ensuring we had ample time to catch our flight. We did get some highway noise at night, but it was mostly drowned out by the AC system in the room. The noise was NOTHING like the strip. This is a great place for those that want a clean and relaxing place to stay away from the strip. One could drive to and from the strip, but it would require careful timing to avoid peak times on Las Vegas Blvd. Overall, I thought the facility was great and would recommend it to those that want something more than gambling and drinking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Travelling with an extended family and young children, I looked for accommodations close to the airport and away from the strip (and traffic). Homewood Suites is a few blocks from the rental car center, in an industrial area. Not the place for lounging or if you want to be in the middle of the action. Though there is a shuttle that takes you to the airport and Mandalay Bay, having a car is useful.

LIKED: having 2-bed/2-bath accommodations for extended family; friendly and pleasant employees, from the front desk to the breakfast guys; cleanliness of the suite; secured outer doors requiring room keys; free breakfast (not the greatest, but enough variety); location away from strip, yet nearby to stores and restaurants; business center to print out boarding passes; in/out access from Gilespie; convenient to I-15 and 215 entrance/exit.

WOULD HAVE LIKED: more laundry facilities (only 2 washers/2 dryers); been provided more towels in room (only 2 full sets for 4 people) and a sponge in the kitchen.

For our sightseeing purposes in and around Las Vegas, the Homewood Suites was convenient and perfect for our needs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

This hotel would definitely warrant a full 5 stars - two small problems. The hotel is slightly off the beaten track and half the taxi drivers dont know where it is and drive round helplessly trying to find it. Secondly, the bedroom is plush, well furnished and looks wonderful, but the bed is pretty hard. Of course that suits a lot of people, but sadly not me. Service was friendly, the room was cleaned properly and facilities were every bit as good as the Signature Suites were we stayed last time and of course it was about half the price. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Riverton, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

We recently had a family gathering at the Homewood Suites, I did a lot of research in selecting a hotel, and although this wasn't the cheapest of options, it certainly had the highest of reviews. I am shocked, however, at how these reviews made it. I understand that a few of these things were not in the hotels realm of control, such as the loudness of the airplanes, diesel trucks, and running upstairs. But some things seem to have been controllable. On the morning of 2/20, we had no warm/hot water. When inquiring with the front desk (because we had 6 people needing showers), we were told that there is a "sticky valve" and it should be fixed "soon" there was a plumber in yesterday and there should be one in today. Well, 5 cold showers and a few hours later, we had warm water. We didn't have time to wait for warm water; we needed to get a move on.

In our bathroom, there were three bath towels - two of which were "ratty" and torn on the ends. Well, we did and then when housekeeping came by, the three were taken and replaced with only two towels. Same with the vanity area; of the three towels used, only one was there when we returned!

Aside from the noise, water, and towel issues, we were really looking forward to a continental breakfast. There certainly was a variety of food options, but everything was a mess and cold. the chaffers holding the eggs/bacon/french toast/etc didn't keep the food warm...at all. Also, every morning the food ran out quicker than it was brought out. I understand the hotel was fully booked, but it seems to me that more staffing and better planning for such situations could be done.

Also, most sites say that they have rollaway beds, but they DO NOT.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jbpetersen
JenniferJenkins2008, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport. We take pride in our guest satisfaction and loyalty and would like every guest to be satisfied with their stay. I would certainly like to discuss your service shortfalls you encountered while at our property. I would like to make this right. Please contact me at (702) 407-0075 or via email at jennifer.johnson2@hilton.com so we are able to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you. Jennifer