“One of the worst hotels ever”

and 1 more site!
Budget Suites of America - Las Vegas
Ranked #199 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
“One of the worst hotels ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2003

I could not believe how bad the hotel was. In most places you can see that the hotel has a three star rating. That's a lie. The hotel is a one star. Most of the rooms are rented weekely or monthly. Therefore you have people actually living there, and not the best kind of people. As soon as I checked in in the hotel, I went to my room and saw a "lady" running, while a guy was chasing her while cursing. People walk around with beers covered with paper bags, and you find trashed people all over the hotel. The pool is fool of scary looking people, so don't even think of relaxing at the pool. As soon as I got to my room, I was ready to check out, specially after my family saw and heard these people chasing at each other. So I took the phone and wanted to call front desk... the phone did not work. I packed everything in my car, and went to the front desk and tell them I was cheching out, and hand them the keys. My reservation was for two nights, but I stayed only half an hour. I was supposed to get a refund for the second night, but went I called my travel agency they said that the hotel told them that I stayed 2 nights, and that the first day I checked in at 3am. That was not true, since I traveled from LA to LV and got to the hotel at 6pm, and checked out at 6:30. My recommendation: Dont even think about going to this hotel with family. This hotel is only for people planning to stay forever in vegas, have a trashy life and not enjoying vegas the way you should. I left and booked 2 nights in the Sahara, a real 3 star hotel, for 49.99 a night, almost the same price I was paying for the Malibu Suites off the strip.

32 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Simi Valley, Ca.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2002

While this hotel is 'off the strip by a ways(it's south of town about 2 miles) I wouldn't recommend this hotel for the following reason, UNLESS price is your main criteria. We arrived, and the check-in was a little disorganized. They couldn't quite place our reservation(was done over a month prior). Second, we landed on the top floor(third) which wouldn't be so bad if they had an elevator, but, they DIDN'T. Next, the room had no: hangers, ironing board, or as it was set up to be a kitchen utensils(it's supposed to be a condo). In addition, it had this 'fumagation smell when we got in- you know that comforting feel you get when 'what else can we expect'. In addition, the TV had no remote, and the the 'sleeper' was unbelievably uncomfortable. The room wasn't cleaned the second day (beds unmade, towels not replaced etc.) and when we called for refills of the soap we were told that they don't 'supply personal items'. That is a quote. Needless to say, we will never make the mistake to book here, and felt that despite the sign saying 'new managment' they still haven't managed the most basic of needs to this individuals taste. BTW, if you speak spanish, you will have a much better communication with the rest of the 'guests' there. It appears that a lot of construction crews use this facility for their labors. There were parties, and noise at all hours of the early morning. So, if you want to get back to that Mexico feel, try saving your money and going directly to Tiajuana.

• Stayed December 2002