“How you bean?”

Frijoles
Ranked #1,643 of 5,318 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is Frijoles tag line that the staff wears on all their shirts. My hubby, mom and I were driving up Charleston when we came across this restaurant called Frijoles. We are always looking for decent Mexican food in Las Vegas as we are originally from Los Angeles, California. This place was on our list to try. We ended up coming here on a Sunday and found that they were closed. They are such a good company because they close on Sunday's for their employees which is really nice. We ended up checking this place out last night and we ordered a little bit of everything between the three of us to try. We like to sample a little bit of what sounds good to us to see how we really like it and sure enough this one is a winner!

To Start: The staff is super friendly and the girl at the register was so kind to let us all sample their Agua Frescas which were all really good. They have Watermelon, Strawberry, Mango, Pineapple, Horchata, Limonada Fresca, Spinach and Jamaica. They were all very tasty and all three of us already had our go to favorites.

The Menu: The menu is very simple. They have mini tacos which run about $2.00 and those are your typical street style tacos. You choose the meat of your choice Al Pastor, Carne Asada, Carnitas, Pollo, Lengua and Cabeza and it comes with onion and cilantro. Then they have regular tacos which are the size of a corn tortilla that is served with your choice of meat, avocado, sour cream, beans, pica and cheese. These are a bit big for my taste and I love to get different meat tacos so the mini tacos work perfectly. The bigger tacos are $4.50 and if you want a shrimp taco it's $5.50. They do their burritos the same way they do the bigger tacos with the meat and all the fillings, but they also include a veggie burrito. Moving along they also have quesadillas, salads, fries that are nacho style, tostadas, nachos and various yummy sides. I think you can also get them as an entree and get a meat of your choice, rice, beans and tortillas.

What we ordered: We got a variety of things with some to take home if we didn't finish. We tried the Mexican street corn which was very good. It's basically a grilled corn on the cob with Mexican crema and fresh cheese. I believe they sprinkle a little chili powder and it has a little bit of a lime flavor which is nice. We also tried various tacos. We had the Carne Asada, Carnitas, Al Pastor and Pollo tacos. I have to say that I'm a big Carnitas fan and their Carnitas is one of the best I've tried in Las Vegas. The Carne Asada has a great smoky grilled flavor, the chicken was nicely grilled and the Al Pastor was tasty and saucy. We love them all, but by far my favorite is the Carnitas. My hubby isn't a huge fan of Carnitas and he loved theirs. My hubby ordered a Carne Asada Burrito which was so juicy with the beans they put in it and he said it was very good and fresh tasting. We also ordered chicken nachos and those were good as well. I also ordered a side of frijoles and rice and it was also very fresh tasting and delicious. The rice is very soft and the beans were very tender, the two eaten together is very comforting. We also took home a carnitas quesadilla which was delicious as well. You can put any meat you like inside the quesadilla. They also provide a red and green salsa at each table to enhance the flavors of your meal. Last but not least we all three got an agua fresca, my hubby got the pineapple, my mom the watermelon and I did the limonada with chia which was super refreshing and tasty. Overall everything tasted really fresh, it felt like home cooking and we will definitely be back.

The service: It was awesome!! Once you order at the register you sit down at a table of your choice with a number and they will deliver the food to you. The staff is very friendly, nice and willing to get you anything you want or need. The owner came by our table to see how we are doing and we were able to chat with him a little and get more familiar with the restaurant. He was very nice and had us sample something his chef made for the first time which was nopalito (cactus) and he served it to us warm with some chips. I'm not a huge cactus fan, but I have to tell you that this was done really well. The lime flavor in the nopalito made the dish for me and brought out the flavors more. This is a menu item he is thinking about adding as a vegetarian option. I have to say that I would probably get one if I was in the mood to do a vegetarian option. We thought it was so nice to be able to taste test this dish and we felt very much at home with the owner and his restaurant. On our way out Francisco was so nice to get us some refills and the staff overall left us with a lasting impression. We will definitely be back very soon and now we know what most of the menu items taste like :D

This restaurant just opened and I hope you will give it a try. You can order food to go, you can call it in or you can sit there and enjoy the friendly staff. I'm really hoping they open another restaurant in our area because I will definitely be able to go more often. I've always been looking for a place we can go to to just grub on some good tacos and I think after 6 years of living here I've finally found a place. :D

1  Thank LasVegasFoodieG

Been to Frijoles? Share your experiences!