“Beautiful rooms. Service, not so great.”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Palazzo over the 4th of July weekend. The room was really beautiful, but the service at the hotel wasn't great. We waited in line for 40 minutes to check into our room, and this was after midnight! There were originally three people checking in guests, but even with the line for check-in very long, one left a few minutes after we arrived. Then when we finally made it to the front of the line, they would not honor the rate that we had been promised based on our comp offer. We were told to check with the guest service center, which we did. When we checked with the guest service center, we were told that we would have to call the reservation line the next day and ask to speak to a supervisor, which we did. When we called the reservation line and asked to speak to a supervisor, we were put on hold for 20 minutes while the supervisor listened to the recording of our original call to make our reservation, THEN they adjusted our rate to the one that we were originally quoted. Not fun.

Also, we missed out on a free massage because guest services did not give us any information about the bonus being offered for first time players at the resort. We were only informed of the available bonuses when we cashed out our points as we left, which was too late for us to take advantage of a pretty cool offer. If it is your first time to play at the Palazzo, ask for details about the tiered bonuses for new players.

The food at the Grand Lux and at the Mexican restaurant were really good, we enjoyed both and would definitely eat at both again.

FYI, there is free wireless access at the coffee shop on the second floor. Coupon code smarter40 gets you 40% off Blue Man Group tickets through the summer. Buy the cheapest tickets available because everyone is upgraded to best available seats if the venue isn't sold out, which is usually the case. We bought tickets for the Saturday of the 4th of July weekend the day of the show and were upgraded to the most expensive seats.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (15,985)

Reviewed July 7, 2010

Our reservations were made less than 12 hours prior to our arrival - this is not a planned trip. I booked 2 suites; one for the grandparents. The suites are amazing; we were given a very high floor (47) and the view was stunning. The suites are huge, well-appointed, clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the room was SUPER quiet other than the fact that the one-ton doors slam shut all night. Grandparents were in awe. The casino appeared to be average, I thought maybe on the small side. Dining options were good - location next to the shops was great. Too many 20-something amatuer drinkers running around by Friday night, but that's Las Vegas. The price is outrageous - over $350 per suite per night but it was the weekend. I would recommend going during the week, you will not be disappointed if you pay the week-day prices. We did not go to the pool but I have a feeling it was a zoo. All in all, this is a great hotel but unless you are totally in love with Las Vegas and all it represents, its just another casino with really nice rooms. Service ok; wireless STILL not free. But nothing in Vegas is.....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

WOW, WOW, WOW, is all I can start out with.

The Palazzo was a great choice for me to have picked for my first time in Vegas. It was wonderful from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. Check in was a breeze with all smiles as I got to the invited guest check-in line courtesy of the Palazzo I was upgraded to the Fortuna Suite on the 44th Floor. I must add though my Fiancée and I arrived to Vegas around 10:30pm due to delays with Delta airlines (NEVER FLY DELTA TO VEGAS) just had to add that note in this comment. Now getting back to the Palazzo check- in was fast and easy helpful with any questions I had as well as explaining to me the Vouchers that were giving to me with the deal I got with Delta (ONLY GOOD PART ABOUT THE DELTA VACATIONS Packages). I would Highly recommended the Palazzo at the Venetian.
The Room was huge and beautiful, we were upgraded to the Fortuna Room which I mention before and it had a view to remember. I would love to thank Theresa M for making my trip a trip to remember forever, she was wonderful and was on top of all my request and more.
I have to add this though giving the beauty of the hotel and the ambience of it all it is a walk to the Bellagio, MGM and all those other big name hotels we all know Vegas for BUT, I would not have changed my reservation for anything in the world because this hotel made up for the walk double time.
I enjoyed the indoor Gondola ride which was amazing, the host were on point and friendly and the "Driver" of the Gondola was really nice he sang to us while to drifted off to the "Little" world of Venice, The Venetian did a wonderful job with their hotels, the details were just immaculate. I could go on and on about the Palazzo/Venetian but it would take five pages and more to give all details. I just tell my fellow Trip Advisor readers THAT THE Palazzo/Venetian is the place to stay, it might not be cut out for everyone as some may think it is to Upscale for their taste but hey why not try it I LOVED IT..

NOW FOR ALL YOU UNFAIR WRITERS OUT THERE:
I don’t think that you should take out your frustration out on people who are just doing there job at the hotel, if you want extra Towels and all the little nonsense that people type THEN JUST BRING IT YOUR SELF. These are jobs that people have to maintain for their families and so on not your personal SLAVE, if you want to hire them to be at your beckon call then ask them if they want a side job and PAY OUT YOUR OWN POCKETS OR DO IT YOUR SELF. There are a lot of Readers that follow what others have to say on Trip advisor and I am ONE OF THEM and I hate it when I read something so simple and it is made SUCH A HUGE DEAL and someone is nagging over NONSENSE. Now if it is really horrible then YES us readers would love to hear/see about it other than that, save the BS please.

So for all those that are interested in the Palazzo go for it is BEAUTIFUL I LOVED IT and I know you would too.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank jilly912
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed in the concierge suite with a great view of the strip. The hotel is new so it is fresh and still has that nice new feeling.The room was huge with a fabulous bathroom, no spa but seperate toilet room which is always good. Very comfortable beds and lots of room with two boys aged 9 & 11. Seperate sunken living room area with another big TV handy for kids. The room service food was excellent big serves and very good food. We really enjoyed the cocktail hour compimentary in the Concierge level, and stayed a couple of hours enjoyed cocktils and wines had llots of niibbles. The pool areas are well done but still crowded. Overall thumbs up and I would stay agian definitley. Vegas is always better without the kids though. The best bit is the Ranch spa , it is the best I have ever been to ..and I do love spas!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank theredcentre
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We just left a 4 night stay at the Palazzo (6/30- 7/4). This was our first time staying at this hotel but travel to Las Vegas 2-3 times a year. Where we stay is driven by where I can find the best deal. I always look for where the 5 stars cost in comparison to some of the 4+ stars. Found a deal- hence our stay at Palazzo. I booked a package deal thru AirTran vacations. Booking the airfare and hotel together can really save hundreds of dollars.
We really enjoyed this hotel.

The location is further down the strip than where we typically hang-out; more towards the Flamingo---to Planet Hollywood. We gravitate there because for the dealers. The walk each day was not that long- there are such interesting people you walk by- it is its own entertainment.

Check in was not a long process- one person ahead of us in line but there were 4 customer representative working. Douglas at the desk was very professional. He did a very nice job welcoming us to Las Vegas.

We had a standard/deluxe room; the room is large and very clean. Not sure what all the talk is about the rooms not being cleaned each day. We did not experience this at all. The furniture is eclectic and granted the sofa is old but does not take away from the overall feel of the room. The bathroom is very nice and I enjoyed the large tub and make-up area. It reminds me of being in my own home.

We dined at Sushi Samba. I wrote a separate review- excellent infusion of flavors. It is pricey but is worth trying. We had breakfast and lunch at Grand Lux Cafe- one at the Palazzo and the other at the Venetian (there are two within a walk thru the mall). Can’t go wrong- food is very good. We stopped at happy hour at the Mexican restaurant in the shopping walk way to the Venetian- nothing special- will pass next time.

We went to the pool later in the day- around 5pm. The pools are very clean and abundant. You will have no trouble finding a pool to fit your mood.

My husband said this was the best place we have stayed at as a couple. I agree- it was a home away from home. We will stay here again---assuming it is the best deal for a 5 star in town.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I love Las Vegas. And I love Las Vegas hotels. So I am an easy sell to start. I’ve stayed up and down the Strip going back to the 80s. Some good, some bad. I first stayed at the Palazzo in September of 2008 and was amazed. The room was enormous. The bathroom had a television. I was on the concierge floor and there were free drinks and hors d’ouevres! Even a “special” elevator. I couldn’t wait to come back. The Bellagio, fountains and all had been replaced in my affections. This time, the Palazzo wasn’t so great. Back in September, because the line for check-in was long, they opened up more of the counters and escorted people out of the line to check them in. Not this time. Easily a twenty minute wait. Not so special. Turns out I shouldn’t have waited in line at all but gone directly up to the concierge level to check in. Oh well, if there were a next time. The room was still large and the TV was still in the bathroom. The concierge lounge was overcrowded and the harried staff seemed unable to keep up with the demand. Plates littered with crumbs sat next to empty glasses. The Bellagio – even Planet Hollywood started to look a lot better. Then our bad experience with the restaurant Zine downstairs, and an unnerving incident with someone smoking in the hallway of our non-smoking floor (I complained and received an apology from the hotel) the Palazzo didn’t seem so special or luxurious, just pretty expensive and ordinary. We even had problems getting the wi-fi to work on two computers. With so many other places to stay in this category and at this price, I’ll try others before coming back here.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank AmericaninPT
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We had booked into the venezia hotel, had paid in advance. Upon arrival we went to the
room to find it dirty, soiled linens, frayed couches. Went back to reservations- who informed us for an upgrade of $45.00 plus $17.50 per day resort fee- we would be moved to another room. Or for $100.00 per day we would be moved to the palazzo with all the big extras. Which of course we did. HOwever, there were not much extras to go to -the Azure pool, to get a chair you had to spend $50.00. Beware of slick reservation people, - hang unto your wallets. The room we had upgraded to which I may add cost us an extra $200.00 per night was not much better than the original one.
Buyer Beware.