“The Palazzo has Class!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel in Las Vegas is exceptional. The rooms are large and the decor appealing; and, the beds very very comfy. There are three flat screen TV's including one in the bathroom (which has a nice large bathtub). Their onsite restaurants are nice -- the main restaurnt (TheGrandLux Cafe) serves LARGE portions you can easily split and still be full - and the price is reasonable. You can also have room service. The casino is medium size, and doesn't contain that irritating ching ching noise you hear in most casinos. This one is spacious with larger walkways. It has a nice set-up. If you like to gamble, they have a good rewards program that will get you free rooms and more. The crowd here is not the drunken partiers....(although there's plenty of free alcohol for the gamblers). It's elegant and fun!

There are newer reviews for The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were originally booked at the Venetian but were upgraded to the Palazzo when we checked in. The room and the view from the room were amazing. My father also came to Vegas at the same time and stayed in the Venezia tower. I much prefer the Palazzo, The service was outstanding and the staff was great. I did like the pools at the Venetian better , but if you stay in any of the three towers you have access to all hotels.

We went to see the Phantom while there and it added a lot if glam to it, but left out some key parts. My husband actually enjoyed it so I was happy. I have seen it 3 other times.

Get turn down service. There is no extra charge and it is worth it to come back to a nice open bed with Chocolates when you get have been out all night.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was a beautiful hotel with excellent service. The location also puts you right in the middle of everything so that you can walk or take a short cab ride to almost everything. It is physically conencted to the Venetian so you can take advantage of the shops and restaurants and casinos for both hotels. We visited Tao and Lavo which were great. There were excellent shows at the hotel including the Blue Man Group and Phantom. The only drawback was the smoky casino that you had to walk through to get from the hotel room to the meeting rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Two couples staying for five nights in late September from UK.

First things first, there are loads of plusses about this hotel. It's rooms are superbly comfortable and spacious, it's location is excellent for the heart of the Vegas experience and it has very pleasant - if not class leading - pool and casino areas.

The common parts of the hotel are vast and beautifully done in a sumptious if cavernous sort of way. There is an issue for me that when you think about it you're really staying in an opullent shopping mall with vast high ceilings. A waterfall is a waterfall until it's really just a backdrop for an escalator area! Having said that, this is Vegas and that's the predominant hotel architecture but there are subtler and more intimate options, namely next door at the Wynn and Encore. In fact, the shops here are less 'mall like' than those at the neighbouring Venetian with a perfectly pleasant range of very high end boutiques on the floor above casino level. A smattering of coffee stops with snacks were most welcome but I'd suggest the short walk through the casino to the 'illy' franchise by the aforementioned escalator fountain for an excellent range of coffees and breakfast snacks rather than the tiny store by the guest escalators that everyone seemed drawn to. The illy also had a great selection of ice creams, pancakes and sandwiches at all times of the day.

The casino is tiny by Vegas standards but has everything you'd want really. Typically higher limits in the evenings on table games starting at $15 minimum.

The rooms are exceptional. Very comfortable beds and large sofa area with panaoramic windows and remote control drapes. Bathrooms are also good but why would you have a TV in a location where you can't see it from the bath, unless you take the tap/faucet end!?

A word on the upgrade thing. I didn't feel overly comfortable with the advance tip ('trick') being British but also as we were two couples checking into two rooms so do you go $40 and if nothing comes of it that's a big 'thank you' note, or stick with $20 and be considered cheap.

Either way, I just asked nicely for a high floor strip view having e mailed some days prior and they were perfectly happy to find us something - even though the reply to the e mail had been to say 'yes of course, that'll be $30 per night per room extra though'.

I handed over a $20 as a thank you but would have gone much larger if an upgraded suite had been found for us!

Location of the hotel is great. Right across from the Fashion Show Mall for everyday shoppers and essential for a good liquor supply in ABC stores. Note that a gift shop by the lifts in the hotel has a small amount of stock, 'salty snax' and a few bottles of booze but a bottle of JD at the ABC was a good $8 cheaper. Next door is the Wynn which I regret not spending more time in. We just strolled through one morning but I'd had grand plans to drink and dine there which never came off. The Palazzo lobbies are attached to the Venetian shops and its kitsch canal and just over the road is the TI, then down to the Mirage and Ceasars etc etc.

My only real reservation about the hotel are the restaurant and drinking options. I won't know if it's just me as so many others say good things about them but I just don't really get the whole thing about eating in a restaurant - a not cheap one I might add - which is really just a section in the corner of the casino or mall. Take the Grand Lux for example. The 'outside' area is just separated from the slots by a crash barrier type set up. The Helix wine bar is a collection of seats in the apex of the walkways between shops. It had the feel of a shopping mall Starbucks at best yet is heralded as a mecca for wine buffs. Sushisamba is undeniably a casual open area at the top of an escalator. None of these manages to take you anywhere other than.... the corner of a mall or casino. First Food and Bar, which we liked on our first night despite the jet lag, was better as it was properly enclosed along a walkway area on the way to the Venetian.

So, sadly, my abiding memory of the Palazzo is more about the disapointment of its failure to light up our evenings despite us spending good money in supposedly well regarded restaurants. Similar comments to be honest about Strip Steak at the Mandalay Bay (beautiful but so expensive steak) although the Eifel Tower restaurant at the Paris did succeed in feeling like a dining destination rather than a stop off on an airport concourse. I think that's the point I'm making. These places feel like high end burger joints in a multiplex rather than destinations. When I pay $50 for a steak I'd like to feel that I've arrived somewhere worthwhile rather than just grabbing a bite on the way through.

Back to the hotel. The pool area was very good and far nicer than the Venetian's. A number of classical style pools, two quite large, plus smaller pools and large spa areas. One reservation though. Whilst prices for drinks were exhorbitant everywhere there's something specially galling about being charged top dollar ($14 of them in fact) for a medium sized plastic cup full of weak lemony liquid masquerading as a Jack and sour! Do what we did. By hook or by crook get the contents of your $24 bottle of Jack (ABC Stores) pool side with a few cans of mixer and save yourself approximately $300 in the process. I don't mind paying high end prices for high end drinks. That's Vegas.

Overall, great accomodation, good staff, a few 'wow's at the architecture, great location but not somewhere I've fallen in love with or will be telling others to rush to.

Reviewed October 7, 2009

Had a good stay at the Palazzo mid- Sept. I guess I was expecting to be wowed and I came away feeling a little disappointed. Let me start from the beginning.

Drove up and security asked if we were staying at the hotel, as soon as I said yes, they welcomed and directed me - nice touch and thought my service is going to be awesome. Line at check-in on a Sunday - why? But it went pretty quickly and the person that checked me in was nice. He even upgraded me to a strip view free of charge because it was my birthday.

Went up to the room (was traveling with my mother-in-law) - view was spectacular - view of all the pools, the strip, and the mountains - WOW! Room was large but looked a bit tired. I was surprised at how many upholstered pieces were in the room as opposed to leather - just seemed a bit germy. Room just did not seem to be a 5 star room - maybe 2 years ago when it was new.

Service on the whole was pretty good but not spectacular. I think I am getting spoiled by all the boutique hotels I have been staying at lately. This big hotel just could not compete. We had a little episode in the casino with a very rude cashier. And there just does not seem to be many cocktail waitresses anymore - must be the cutbacks.

Ate in a couple nice restaurants on property - Dos Caminos and the Wolfgang Puck cafe style restaurant near the canal.

All in all a nice trip - I was just looking for a bit more luxury - I think if the room had seemed more "refreshing" and the service a bit more attentive, I would have been more satisfied. My next trip I will stay someplace else. If I am going to pay 5 star prices, I expect a 5 star experience - and this was much more like a 4 star.

On the whole not bad - but not great.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank IamPacking
Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband and 12th months baby spend 3 nights at the Palazzo. We loved it from the moment we entered. We were upgraded to a Sienna Suite. This suite was huge and had one enormous bathroom adjascent to the large bedroom, and one half bath by the corridor. There was a very nice dining and living room area.
Our baby was given a real clean crib with bumpers protection all around as well as a travel kit with baby cleaning supplies from "Baby Johnson".

ON THE PLUS SIDE
-Very nice pool area and restaurants terrace
-Clean
-Nice staff, good housekeeping
-Bathroom like a palace
-Room is appointed with: Good bedding, 3 flat screen TV (even one in the bathroom!)
bathrobes, Complimentary Bulgary bathroom products miniatures
-Adjacent to a Wallgreen
-Large casino, no wait for anything
-Direct path to the Venetian shopping gallery and recreation center
-Amazing choice of restaurants
-Peaceful and quiet corridor means goodnight sleep!

ON THE NEGATIVE:
-Internet is not free
-No coffee maker
-The suite did not have a mini kitchenette (it would have been nice to be able to microwave the baby food) even though there is a dining area there is nothing to really do with it.
-the mini fridge is full of mini bar things that you cannot remove (they are telling you in advance so you don't make a mistake) because it charges when remove. So we were unable to put baby food, fruits or juice in it.
-Strong smell of "pot pourri/flower candle" in the A/C thoughout the lobby and the shopping gallery that leads to the venetian shops (it reminded me of the Eden Roc Hotel Lobby in Miami Beach or that restaurant in the middle of Lincoln road that have candles smelling mosquito reppellant) well it does reppel people...the smell is too strong and gives a headick after a while and you need to go away.
-25 minutes minimum to get your luggages in your room if you use the valet, so if you arrive late and with a baby, carry yourself it's easier.

We will definetly comeback

Reviewed October 7, 2009

An awesome room. Make sure to get concierge suite to add sweet to the deal. Prime location for the hotel. Everything is close by and the resturants are awesome. Night clubs are always busy.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo