“First Stay Good Experience”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, Canada
“First Stay Good Experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I just spent 3 nights here and were very impressed overall. Our spacious room on the 16th floor was really comfortable and clean. We had dinners at the Public House and B&B Ristorante which were wonderful. Lunches at the Grand Cafe were delicious. Breakfast at Morel's was great. Liked the casino and the hotel in general. Only negative was lunch at Solaro near the pool. The staff and service were extremely lacking - disinterested and inattentive. Food was pretty awful. All in, we'd stay at The Palazzo again.

Room Tip: The higher, the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear bagwan,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. I am elated that you got to try out Public House, B&B Ristorante, Morel's and Grand Lux Cafe. I will speak to the Solaro team, so that we may ensure that our mutual guest experiences are always consistent.

Thank you again for your positive review, and I look forward to hosting you at The Palazzo for many Las Vegas vacations to come.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,623)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our first time in Vegas. Selected Palazzo based on Trip Advisor reviews.
From what I could see the Wynn, the neighbouring Venetian, the Bellagio, the MGM and Ceasars are all basically the same - massive casino/shop/restaurant complexes with accommodation. Everyone you meet seems to have their own preference.
Key points of differentiation - location - Ceasars and the Bellagio are the most centrally located on the Strip. This IS important because traffic on the Strip is congested - so you tend to walk AND after a concert queues (line ups) are ridiculously long. Eg we spent $50 on a limo ride (normal cost $25) to avoid a 30-40 minute wait for a cab/taxi.
Prestige @ Palazzo is like a Executive/Club Floor. This entitles you to free breakfast - choice not huge but good enough. It also gives you a 2hr Happy Hour! every evening - where all drinks re free - super good value especially if you are very thirsty ;-). I overheard someone say that Palazzo is the only hotel in Vegas currently operating this concept ? It was certainly a key selection criteria for us.
Our room was enormous - but that seems to be standard in Vegas.
WiFi free and fast!
I did not use the pool - too busy shopping and sight-seeing.
Summary - very good hotel would happily return. Might try Bellagio next time due to its location but depending on cost.

Ps Do not touch the minibar - it is weighted - you move it - you pay - A LOT.
Instead go directly to Walgreens at entrance to Palazzo - buy a disposable cooler for $7, fill it with ice and chill your drinks that way. It worked a treat for us!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue M
Dear Sue M,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo and more specifically Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige is definitely an amazing upgrade with truly luxurious offerings such as the private champagne check-in and an elegant private lounge, as you mentioned. I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of what Prestige at The Palazzo had to offer. We endeavor to extend a truly memorable and one-of-a-kind experience, so it is with great jubilance that you were able to experience just that.

I look forward to welcoming you back to where luxury abounds, right here at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Spring
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. Rooms are big and comfortable. Tip: See what conventions are going on when booking your trip. At the start of our trip, a teachers convention was being held, so the hotel/casino was mainly full of adults who were friendly and polite. By our last day, a stomp convention was being held at the Palazzo/Venetian and the crowd quickly changed..

Hotel staff was extremely polite and helpful. The ones who work the tables were a hit or miss. Some were so nice and others were rude to guests and their co-workers. Must be union workers because not sure how some still had a job.

Overall, I would go back. Out of all the hotels on the strip, Palazzo is one of the nicest.

Dear Susan T,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor. I am humbled to read that you found our suites big and comfortable, and that majority of my team members were extremely polite and helpful. I would also like to thank you for letting me know about the one exception with our table games team. I take these matters very seriously and will ensure that this is addressed.

I do hope you will return as I look forward to welcoming you back to The Palazzo in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were here for a conference and received a special rate on the room. The room was magnificent... elegant finishes, a large size, and the bathroom had all the amenities needed for a stay. Service in the hotel was excellent, including the reception, casino and the restaurants. Highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear TravelingSuz,

Please allow me to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad that you have allowed my team to welcome you. To know that you had an experience that exceeded your expectations brings much jubilation as I firmly believe that our guests deserve to experience the very best. Thank you for the wonderful insights that you have shared and for allowing us to be a part of your conference stay in Las Vegas. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just returned from 5 days in Vegas staying at the Palazzo Prestige Suites. We stayed at the Palazzo many times, however, this trip we decided to upgrade to the Prestige level. Not at all disappointed! You check in on the 23-floor and the staff is pleasant, professional, courteous and attentive. Champagne is offered while you are checking in. The "extras" that the Prestige Package offer includes daily breakfast till 10 a.m., juices throughout the day and from 5 - 7 p.m., cocktails, wine, beer and light bites in the Prestige Lounge. Very relaxing after a day of exploring Vegas. When we return to Vegas, we will definitely book the Prestige Package.

Room Tip: When booking a Prestige Suite, you are generally on a lower floor, close to the Prestige Lounge. No...
Dear Joan S,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed it. I look forward to welcoming you back to Prestige at The Palazzo in the near future.

delhi
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stay in pallazo in points first I will mention plus points
Location
Rooms which are fannnntastic
Resturants and eatries
Pools

Negative points
They charge for room service which is unreasnoable
They take 1 hour to deliver room service
I know vegas is not the place for kids but I travelled by mine and there was nothing for kids like a play area in the hotel or any special activites

I have stayed at the venetian aswell and the energy in that hotel surpasses pallazo.

Hope this review helps you plan your special trip. Cheers

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank buntysoni
Dear buntysoni,

Thank you so much for your review and for your candid feedback regarding your stay. Although there were many areas that went superbly, I truly apologize for the negative points that you outlined. The extensive delay is not up to our standards, and I will ensure that it is addressed.

In terms of family fun, there are quite a few attractions that I am sure your children would have enjoyed. A few of them being Madame Tussauds, a unique Gondola ride through our indoor canals, candy shopping at IT'SUGAR, a pool day at one of our eleven pools throughout the resort, the kid friendly Panda! show or even the very educational Da Vinci The Exhibition. I am disappointed that these options were not presented to you, but I am certain that if you needed suggestions that my team would have been more than happy to suggest them to you.

We also have a wide array of activities in Las Vegas that your children would have enjoyed. For your next visit, I urge you to take advantage of our concierge services as they are a top notch team who are Las Vegas experts. Concierge would be more than happy to come up with a family friendly itinerary for you and your children.

Again, I thank you for your feedback, and I truly hope you will consider The Palazzo or The Venetian again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Family of 4 (girls aged 8 and 12) stayed for a week at Palazzo. Good is the room is amazing and very roomy. Loved it. Lots to do in the area. The pools are very poor for Vegas standards for kids. If you want a "fun" pool for kids or yourself, this is not it. Very lame, small and there is NO shade for anyone unless you rent a cabana. If you want a fun pool with shade, go to the MGM, Mirage or Flamingo

Room Tip: All suits are amazing
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RyanMaz
Dear RyanMaz,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you and your family enjoyed the your suite and the many attractions available at The Palazzo. I do apologize if our pools did not exceed your expectations. With a multitude of pools throughout our property, I am confident that we could have found a better area for you. I do hope that you will return in the future.